Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 May 2004, 17:47 (Ref:980229)   #1
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Jaguar woes

just when things could'nt seem to get any worse for jaguar this weekend, apparantly the $250,000.00 diamond imbedded in the nose of klein's jag was lost when he crashed out on the first lap....i guess diamonds aren't forever....
Old 23 May 2004, 17:53 (Ref:980234)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was always going to happen....but Jag fail to foresee all kinds of things I guess.
Old 23 May 2004, 17:55 (Ref:980235)   #3
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How long can Ford allow the Jaguar name to be dragged through the dirt in F1.

Leave Ford to supply good, customer engines and get Jaguar back in Sportscar racing.

Everyones a winner.
Old 23 May 2004, 18:41 (Ref:980268)   #4
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I reckon Klein crashed the nose deliberately.

Check his suitcase at the airport.
Old 23 May 2004, 18:47 (Ref:980275)   #5
PurplepplEater
Rookie

PurplepplEater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im sorry, but what on earth possessed them to put a diamond in the noce of the car at a track where smashing the nose cone is sooo much more likely to happen??? That was just an invitiation for something to happen (check the marshals pockets!) Whoever finds that diamond might be able to buy a dog kennel in the principality

And what is it with Jaguar and their diamond obbsession didnt Helena supermodel type have the worlds most expensive diamond on her when she was with that team at Monaco last yr??? (Correct me if I'm wrong!)
Old 23 May 2004, 18:49 (Ref:980277)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep. it's the same sponsor, some diamond company.
Old 23 May 2004, 20:12 (Ref:980341)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This one definitely belongs in PF. I mean Jaguar and F1? They obviously don't go together so its off topic.
Old 24 May 2004, 05:23 (Ref:980766)   #8
markysjag
Rookie

Australia
hobart australia
markysjag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my plumbing van is a better car than the heap of **** ford have given next years worl

go webber
Old 24 May 2004, 08:42 (Ref:980914)   #9
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
is it 05 yet cause its killing me to se Mark being held down/back like this
Old 24 May 2004, 08:43 (Ref:980916)   #10
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're asking for trouble putting anything (paricularly a diamond) in the nose of a car at Monaco where you're at great risk of making contact with something.

Last edited by jetsetter; 24 May 2004 at 08:45.
Old 24 May 2004, 08:49 (Ref:980921)   #11
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jaguar seem to have reverted to style over substance, they appeared to get their head down and adopt a more sensible last season but (IMO) these PR stunts do nothing for the team when their cars are so woeful.

What a great idea anyway, invite half of Hollywood over, raise the profile so everyone can watch your 'performance' - can we hear fingers rapping on the table at Ford again...???
Old 24 May 2004, 09:10 (Ref:980933)   #12
GXH
Racer

GXH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
stupid thing 2 do when all the teams are talking about saving money...
shows most of them have it 2 burn....
lent to them or not, i hope they have 2 pay for the thing now.
guess thats what you get for showing off
Old 24 May 2004, 09:42 (Ref:980957)   #13
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I beleive they were insured - hey could have been an 'insurance job ' ....!
Old 24 May 2004, 10:14 (Ref:980984)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I found this to be one of the funniest moments of a generally amusing weekend. Racing with diamonds inside the front wing is surely a sponsorship deal too far, and maybe they deserved the outcome.

I feel a bit sorry for Webber this weekend - he did everything he could toovercome the succession of techncial problems, and would've surely got a well-deserved 5th place had the car lasted. What's mroe, he was very gracious and positive when interviewed.
Old 24 May 2004, 10:17 (Ref:980992)   #15
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
jaguar / ford - you are a disgrace ..... no, hang on, ford will be happy - jordan got points
Old 24 May 2004, 13:08 (Ref:981290)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Jaguar woes

Quote:
Originally posted by jj2728
apparantly the $250,000.00 diamond imbedded in the nose of klein's jag was lost when he crashed out on the first lap....

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
Or perhaps a publicity stunt for the insurance company? Do Jaguar have another new sucker, sorry sponsor?
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallet
This one definitely belongs in PF. I mean Jaguar and F1? They obviously don't go together so its off topic.
Spot on. What are they doing?

I've heard there is a nice race in France that they could enter...
Old 24 May 2004, 15:54 (Ref:981469)   #17
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Newspapers say it wasn't insured...would you have!?
What a Gem of a driver CK is!
Old 24 May 2004, 16:52 (Ref:981530)   #18
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure the diamond is insured, as most of this kind of jewerly But I am almost sure that the insurance is not covering "using jewerly in an F1 Car".
Why the .... they didn't embed a REPLICA of the actual diamond? who could notice it?
Old 24 May 2004, 18:07 (Ref:981625)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by facco
Why the .... they didn't embed a REPLICA of the actual diamond? who could notice it?
Maybe he car wouldn't have been so quick. Oh no wait the diamond has nothing to do with the performance of the car
Old 24 May 2004, 18:10 (Ref:981628)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Jaguars problem is they just think things through too much. Everything is far too logical.
Old 24 May 2004, 21:05 (Ref:981838)   #21
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
diamond in the nose.

Surely this is too ridiculas to be true a Jaguar are just making it up to get some more publicity.
Old 24 May 2004, 21:28 (Ref:981867)   #22
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hang on wern't they also plugging Oceans 12?
Anyone check Mr Clooneys bags?

The Grumpy1

Last edited by grumpy1; 24 May 2004 at 21:29.
Old 24 May 2004, 22:07 (Ref:981918)   #23
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
Not insured! Can you image the call to your insurance broker:

"I'd like to insure a diamond"
"Yes sir, where will it be?"
"On the front of a car doing nearly 200Mph close to walls for 2 hours"
"engaged tone..."

You think they of put in a fake in the race I mean who is going to check once the race is underway!

(I suspect those marshalls down at Lowes had been getting the savoury snacks ready for the Jaguars appearance and split the loot! (No idea what I'm on about see the marshall forum))

Last edited by Phoenix1; 24 May 2004 at 22:08.
Old 24 May 2004, 22:14 (Ref:981928)   #24
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting take on the "Diamond"

I was in another (non-F1)forum where someone in the know was asked if the Diamond had been found yet; the answer?

"They never will
cos it was a) never in the car b) not a real diamond c) never nicked. Do you think they'd let one of the world's hardest substances potentially be slung into a crowd of some of the world's richest people?

And just what film is it promoting? One with a diamond robbery in it? Worst idea ever."

Now it all makes a bit more sense...
Old 25 May 2004, 06:02 (Ref:982179)   #25
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
In a time when the teams are bleating, wailing and hand-wringing over the requirements to cut costs, this is just an insult and neatly sums up the profligacy of F1 spending.