Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jun 2004, 12:00 (Ref:998338)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
LM 2004 : qualifications

Ayse, Paul : I thought it was usefull to open a special thread for the qualifications : feel free to delete if you think it's useless.

Members : let's use this one for qualifications comments only... things start at 7pm CET
Old 9 Jun 2004, 12:04 (Ref:998341)   #2
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about the chat room.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 12:07 (Ref:998343)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about the chat room? Personally Ill be here most of the time, occasionally dropping into the chat room I expect. Great idea for a thread Fab IMHO.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 12:14 (Ref:998351)   #4
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With the qualifying sessions going on for a good few hours, you'll be trawling through pages and pages of comments.

IMO, the chat room should be used for upto the minute comments and this thread for general comments on qualifying.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 12:18 (Ref:998356)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, I can see your point JAG. But then, I come here for the discussion forums, not the chat room, which is a great part of the site IMO. Just think about how many threads have say over 100 posts on page 1 of this forum alone, nobody really seems to mind, including yourself as u are a major contributior in most of the threads...
Old 9 Jun 2004, 12:25 (Ref:998366)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
When you are talking about something thats changing by the minute, it doesn't really lend itself to a message boards though.

Personally I'd post on this thread, say, every 30 minutes to give my view on the general state of affairs. The chat room I will use the rest of the time.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 12:47 (Ref:998400)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
What about the chat room.
Yep, sorry JAG you're right, I forgot to mention the Chat Room.

This thread is only for solid comments OR people unable to connect to the chat room (as am I ; When I connect from Parc fermé, I get this message : "MotorsportSearch Live Chat : Sorry, but you need a Java 1.1.x enabled browser to use this". It seems that I won't be able to join the chat room, sorry for that...)...

I'll try again, and encourage you to do the same this evening....

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Personally I'd post on this thread, say, every 30 minutes to give my view on the general state of affairs. The chat room I will use the rest of the time.
...and as JAG suggest it above, you could come back here for special news...

just in case, we still have a "special thread"... the main rendez-vous remains in the Chat Room.

I just wanted to mention too that we had, thanks to a special thread, the visit of the MotorsTV Executive Manager in April for Monza's race, and that he changed the broadcast on the basis of the posts we showed here. i don't think he could have join us in the Chat Room.

And notice that Ayse and Paul are still free to delete the thread, if they feel it irrelevant...

Last edited by Fab; 9 Jun 2004 at 12:56.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 14:43 (Ref:998524)   #8
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm going to be following "live Timing & Scoring" and posting in this thread....

I don't have the Java either, so I can't hook into the Chat Room...

But you know me....

as others submit their "two cents worth' via comments, I usually submit my "$200 worth"....

Thanks for the Separate thread.....I appreciate it...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 9 Jun 2004, 14:49 (Ref:998526)   #9
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's a pretty good return on investment Tim! Are you selling stock in Tim Northcutt tidbits and tangents?
Old 9 Jun 2004, 15:03 (Ref:998535)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
I can't log into the chat room anyway, so it looks looks this is were I'll be.

Last edited by JAG; 9 Jun 2004 at 15:04.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 15:10 (Ref:998545)   #11
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you can't run the java page, don't sweat it. It's better to use a dedicated IRC client anyway.

Look up "freeware IRC clients" and download one. (I'm using mIRC which isn't free, but is trialware for 30 days). Then go to the irc.phishy.net server and join the #motorsport channel.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Jun 2004, 15:25 (Ref:998565)   #12
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
That's a pretty good return on investment Tim! Are you selling stock in Tim Northcutt tidbits and tangents?

It's on the NASDAQ Exchange...listed as BLLSHT

Old 9 Jun 2004, 15:32 (Ref:998568)   #13
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Old 9 Jun 2004, 15:41 (Ref:998574)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
To Fogelhund:

Check your PMs or your e-mail concerning your "Non-VAG" picks....I hope you see this in the next 20 minutes...

Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:49 (Ref:998652)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Hi there mates, and welcome on bord for a great evening !

Weather is : glorious sunny day !

Engines are already working hard, and the Nasamax will be the first to get the green flag - news directly from BernardB on the spot, by sms ! Thanks for that Bernard
Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:50 (Ref:998655)   #16
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Bring em on! It's been a long 12 months!

Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:53 (Ref:998660)   #17
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quit squablling guys, were can have both. I'll have the chatroom open and this thread at the same time.
I'll be in the 'room in about 10 minutes. I'll be in and out though because I've been left in charge of my 3 siblings for the night while because my parents are away.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:54 (Ref:998661)   #18
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
btw, sure is busy, 31 people in here!
Old 9 Jun 2004, 17:01 (Ref:998671)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Pirenzo, please give apologizes to the mates in the chat room : I succeeded to log in, but didn't succeed to make it work and my computer freezed... I'm going to stay here, and pass the messages I'll get from Bernard...

12 cars ready to go in the pit lane : 2 minutes to go !!!
Old 9 Jun 2004, 17:03 (Ref:998675)   #20
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Sweet! Thanks for the update Fab. Chat is not working for me either. Not sure why though, it has in the past.

Anyone use yahoo messenger?

Last edited by jhansen; 9 Jun 2004 at 17:03.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 17:03 (Ref:998676)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Green flag !
Old 9 Jun 2004, 17:04 (Ref:998678)   #22
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Whoo hooo!
Old 9 Jun 2004, 17:04 (Ref:998680)   #23
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
No.
You guys can still check in here
That's another good reason to have this thread...
Old 9 Jun 2004, 17:09 (Ref:998689)   #24
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Why does the ACO timing and scoring only show four cars?

Nevermind, it's showing more now.

Last edited by jhansen; 9 Jun 2004 at 17:11.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 17:10 (Ref:998692)   #25
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Where do you get ACO live timing and scoring ? I didn't find it
Closed Thread