Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 30 Jun 2004, 13:10 (Ref:1021416)   #1
MelanieJSmith
Rookie

England
Nuneaton
MelanieJSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank You/FIA Meeting @ Donington

I just wanted to say 'Thank You' to the marshals that helped me in the pit lane for the FIA event @ Donington. They all worked really hard and we showed the FIA that British marshals are still the best.

The meeting went well and I think BRSCC deserve conratulations for running the whole meeting to time!

It was a hard weekend, but I hope you all enjoyed it and a special Thanks to Simon Bill for his help as I ended up back on crutches for the Sunday and he basically did everything!!!!! Sorry I couldn't get you a baseball cap Simon!

Everybody that turned out will be more than welcome to come back to the pits at any time, especially for the ELMS race at Silverstone in August (Please...........)
Old 30 Jun 2004, 22:00 (Ref:1021918)   #2
thepits
Rookie

thepits should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Thank You/FIA Meeting @ Donington

Quote:
Originally posted by MelanieJSmith
I just wanted to say 'Thank You' to the marshals that helped me in the pit lane for the FIA event @ Donington. They all worked really hard and we showed the FIA that British marshals are still the best.
The meeting went well and I think BRSCC deserve congratulations for running the whole meeting to time!
It was a hard weekend, but I hope you all enjoyed it and a special Thanks to Simon Bill for his help as I ended up back on crutches for the Sunday and he basically did everything!!!!! Sorry I couldn't get you a baseball cap Simon!
Everybody that turned out will be more than welcome to come back to the pits at any time, especially for the ELMS race at Silverstone in August (Please...........)

Thanks for the Thanks Mel!!

I enjoyed the whole weekend - yes even F3 - which may come as a shock to those people who know me!

Although we were short (as usual!) in The Pits, we managed, so I must add my thanks to all those who got thrown in the deep end with 5/6/7 GT cars to cope with - but even the most inexperienced of you did exceptionally well.

So Well Done to ALL.

As for the ELMS at Silverstone (13/14/15th August) we will need as many Pit Marshals as we can muster.

You thought Donington was hard?
You ain't seen nothing yet!

(p.s. re the LG cap - my own fault for not going to the party on Saturday. But the Bar (and Dinner) in the hotel was beckoning, and I've got one or two already - haven't I? )