Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Jul 2004, 12:30 (Ref:1022446)   #1
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Steve Tarrant

if all didnt know steve was at donington at the weekend....getting himself into trouble as usual one nice thing about it was this though!

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/N...le.asp?ID=7940

i met steve for the first time at the weekend on the grid, great bloke by the way! and youve got alot of courage!
Old 1 Jul 2004, 12:45 (Ref:1022468)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
image link http://www.champcarworldseries.com/P...playSize=By800
Old 1 Jul 2004, 12:53 (Ref:1022477)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree Adam but he's a sod with those wheels if your toes just happen to be in the way!
Old 1 Jul 2004, 13:11 (Ref:1022502)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Having benefited from Steve's thoughtfulness a couple of months back (resulting in a pre Le Mans trip around Audi UK Sport Team Veloqx), I'll echo the comments..... Well done Steve.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 15:50 (Ref:1022647)   #5
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Me? Trouble???? I don't know what you meant!!!!!!!

Those 15 minutes were the result of 6 months planning, and many emails to the right people. Have to thank Ann Bradshaw (BMW UK PR), Fabio Ravaioli (ETCC Media) and our own Bernie Cottrell (BRSCC) for their help in making it happen.

I knew the ETCC site were going to run the story, but then to find it on the Champcar site as well, and then on a Mexican website, took me by surprise.

See it has made Autosport (ETCC report, P79) but their caption editor came up with a pretty stupid caption - personally i don't think the editor had the slightest idea of what was going on and its significance.

Oh well, can't please them all

Steve

PS I don't remember running over anyone's toes, but I have done so over my prosthetic limb's foot!!!!!! Never felt a thing ............

Last edited by Steve Tarrant; 1 Jul 2004 at 15:51.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 18:01 (Ref:1022785)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Tarrant
See it has made Autosport (ETCC report, P79) but their caption editor came up with a pretty stupid caption - personally i don't think the editor had the slightest idea of what was going on and its significance.
Someone should email John McIlroy and set them straight.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 23:34 (Ref:1023117)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, opportunity missed, but those of us who saw the picture and knew what it meant had a bit of a lump on our thoughts.

Saw you briefly on Sat in the LG tent, but you'd gone when I came looking for a chat. I hope the meeting was special, you've both gone thorugh so much with such great spirit.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 05:58 (Ref:1023292)   #8
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Woolley

and thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Think you must have left the party before me, as the group of 5 I was with were the very last to leave, and finished off the open bottles of wine too!!!! We were sitting in the corner by the TV screens.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 20:55 (Ref:1027278)   #9
gwar
Racer

gwar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We didn't see you slow up drinking the wine (or the champagne), nor did we hear you complaining that you've had enough and want to go back to the caravan!! A very good weekend was had, thanks to LG and the FIA. The day was long but very enjoyable and ran to time.