Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 Jul 2004, 21:33 (Ref:1029631)   #1
PTs Bro
Rookie

England
Northampton
PTs Bro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lydden Hill Sat 10th July 04

Does anyone know what the grids are like for the meeting this Saturday?

I am desperate to watch some proper motorsport but can't get to Croix.

I won't bother with Lydden if the grids are thin.:confused:
Old 7 Jul 2004, 21:35 (Ref:1029634)   #2
PTs Bro
Rookie

England
Northampton
PTs Bro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when I say proper motorsport I mean not that dull F1 ****.
Old 8 Jul 2004, 07:32 (Ref:1029895)   #3
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are expecting a good grid for the SELOC BMW race - they are always spectacular - have you seen images of previous shunts at Lydden on Ten-Tenths?

The race meeting is in the afternoon, following the sprint in the morning.
Old 8 Jul 2004, 07:46 (Ref:1029903)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'd expect good sized grids for the SEMSEC Saloons and Sports, also the South East Sports and Saloon Challenge. The Bill Taylor handicap also gets a pretty decent turnout every meeting. Add to that the SELOC loonies and you've got a great meeting lined up - should be a good weekend at Lydden, sprint and SEMSEC on Saturday, Rallycross on Sunday - got to be better than the F1.

I'll be there both days, helping Bill Richards Racing on the Saturday and spectating Sunday.
Old 8 Jul 2004, 10:26 (Ref:1030020)   #5
Liam22
Rookie

Liam22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got my entry list and the grids look sizeable (best this year I think).

> can't get to Croix

SELOC BMW's are the first race at Lydden (3pm-ish) then it's straight on the ferry to France and racing at Croix on Sunday Yeehaa!!!

However, it is possible the the SELOC guys might show some restraint on Saturday - in an effort to actually make it to France in one piece...
Old 8 Jul 2004, 10:30 (Ref:1030024)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liam22
However, it is possible the the SELOC guys might show some restraint on Saturday - in an effort to actually make it to France in one piece...
It's possible, but not likely They might claim beforehand that they're going to 'take it easy' but as soon as those lights go out all thoughts of car preservation are forgotten.
Old 8 Jul 2004, 12:37 (Ref:1030195)   #7
gejl
Rookie

gejl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SELOC Loonies? I resent that - prefer to call it inexperienced!

Oh, and I'm not going to Croix, so no holds barred for me

(Car no. 9..., www.tailhappy.com)

Last edited by gejl; 8 Jul 2004 at 12:39.
Old 8 Jul 2004, 12:44 (Ref:1030207)   #8
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by BertMk2
I'd expect good sized grids for the SEMSEC Saloons and Sports, also the South East Sports and Saloon Challenge.

Is the the BARC Southern Saloon and sports or a different one.
I normally race with them and they have a meeting at Lydden on the 17th. I wasn't aware of this Saturdays one unless they are trying to tell me something
Old 8 Jul 2004, 13:17 (Ref:1030254)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Falcemob - It's all SEMSEC race categories not BARC so I don't think they're giving you a hint!

And Gejl - welcome to ten-tenths, but I still stand by my 'loonies' comment about you SELOC drivers (that's not a bad thing though )
Old 8 Jul 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1030286)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Bert, it is a different series, I just checked it out on the web, a friend will be there on Saturday with his D-type, I may pop down to take a look.
Old 8 Jul 2004, 14:04 (Ref:1030301)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Which race will he be in? I don't always get to see that much racing (it depends how much needs doing to Bills cars between practice and the races).

What else is going to be there on the 17th, if I'm not doing anything else I'll come and have a look.
Old 8 Jul 2004, 14:54 (Ref:1030336)   #12
Gnomex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by BertMk2
- should be a good weekend at Lydden, sprint and SEMSEC on Saturday, Rallycross on Sunday - got to be better than the F1.

I'll be there both days, helping Bill Richards Racing on the Saturday and spectating Sunday.
Bring it on!!
Old 8 Jul 2004, 15:07 (Ref:1030352)   #13
gejl
Rookie

BertMk2 - thanks for the welcome... We're here to entertain...!
Old 9 Jul 2004, 07:42 (Ref:1031019)   #14
Gnomex
Veteran

Hello gejl

I've just been to your site - I love the stills from your on-board camera!!

Incidentally, you said in one race report " Sneaked past OK, but that was pair of underpants number one gone. Lucky I'd worn several for this race..."

Just thought you should know - the technical term for this is a "Sketchley Moment", I'm sure you can work it out....

To all the SELOC lads - have a good day tomorrow. Sorry I can't wave to you as you flash past - too busy waving the chequer. Stay safe.
Old 10 Jul 2004, 19:20 (Ref:1032600)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Great meeting today - even the weather managed to hold off for most of it. Plenty of action in all the races today (including the rather bizarre race 5) it was a shame that race was cut short - there was a great battle going on with the front 3 cars (who all later got a 10 second penalty )

Back to Lydden tomorrow for the rallycross
Old 10 Jul 2004, 21:32 (Ref:1032662)   #16
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
July 17th has Track and Race magazine saloons, southern sports and saloons (full grid of 21 cars)which should see former rallycross stock hatch champ Greg Rose out in a V8 monster, 2CVs, Toyo Saloons, TVRs, Mazda MX5s, single seaters including 6 or 7 ERAs. 12 races in all.
Old 12 Jul 2004, 10:30 (Ref:1033936)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by Rod Birley
July 17th has Track and Race magazine saloons, southern sports and saloons (full grid of 21 cars)which should see former rallycross stock hatch champ Greg Rose out in a V8 monster, 2CVs, Toyo Saloons, TVRs, Mazda MX5s, single seaters including 6 or 7 ERAs. 12 races in all.
I wondered where Greg Rose had got to, he built a modified 205 for rallycross and then vanished. I did notice Beccy Holland driving one of the Rose/Holland racing stock hatch 205's yesterday though.

Is there a timetable for the event anywhere? I might see if I can pop down for some of it.

Last edited by BertMk2; 12 Jul 2004 at 10:31.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 08:30 (Ref:1035027)   #18
gejl
Rookie

Gnomex - thanks for the website comments. Unfortunately I messed up the recording of last weeks race, which was a shame as I was chasing the leader for a large part of the race...
Old 13 Jul 2004, 11:59 (Ref:1035224)   #19
Spangley Purple
Rookie

Spangley Purple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greg Rose is most definatly back racing this weekend, alongside his dad John Cross in a matching V8 monster.

On a more serious note Greg Rose has been changing his modified rallycross car, to a circuit car, and will be out soon this summer, with Sean and Derek Holland. Sean will be racing his new pug 205 and in his new Golf GTI.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 12:28 (Ref:1035265)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Does that mean that John has retired from rallycross as well as Greg? I know the Focus was up for sale but the rumour was that he'd be building a modified car. It's a shame to lose drivers like them from rallycross, Greg was always very spectaclar with the pugs.

I'm guessing that it was you in the RHR 205 at Lydden on Sunday Spangley? Good to see another driver on ten-tenths - it helps put our sometimes lopsided spectator viewpoints in perspective.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 13:44 (Ref:1035383)   #21
Spangley Purple
Rookie

No, John has so many cars he does not know what to play with first.

RHR is busy building cars. Rallycross is still on the agenda, but not this year. 2003 we did a full season as a team, in rallycross and the travelling takes its toll. By the end of the year we were all worn out. So this year is for a bit of fun and staying close to home.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1035392)   #22
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rod Birley
It's gonna be good - roll on Saturday.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1035397)   #23
Spangley Purple
Rookie

No, John has to many cars to play with.

RHR is just having a bit of a rest with rallycross this year, 2003 Rallycross season took it out of us a bit with all the travelling. So this year we are staying closer to home.

Yes it was me, still getting used to the car, but having a lot of fun. The track was a bit rough though.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 14:09 (Ref:1035424)   #24
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Good to hear that John and the boys haven't given up on rallycross - it must be a great situation to be in trying to work out what to race and where! Spoilt for choice

Glad you're enjoying the rallycrossing - you were certainly getting stuck in! The loose sections at Lydden cut up quite badly at the Easter meeting, there has been a lot of work done on them since then but it still looks like there is a big hole somewhere in the section at paddock - the cars were kicking up quite a bit through there (altough nowhere near as badly as they did at easter).

Should be good on Saturday too, sounds like it'll be a great days racing again (Lydden always seems to provide great racing).

Last edited by BertMk2; 13 Jul 2004 at 14:12.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 14:21 (Ref:1035442)   #25
Spangley Purple
Rookie

Lydden is a great track. Good to watch and race on. Always runs well. I never heard a bad word about the place.

Come over and say hello on saturday. John is in the Merc V8 and Mazda. Greg is in the V8 Jag. So this should be interesting. Let's hope the don't forget. NO DIRT SECTION!!