Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 4 Oct 2004, 19:25 (Ref:1115202)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi or Gibernau - who will it be?

It should be a close run between Valentino and Sete for the 2004 title, but who do you think will win? I think it could go either way myself. Rossi appeared to have it all sewn up after Motegi but Gibernau winning Qatar and Rossi screwing up and getting a big fat zero has really opened it back up. It would be great to see it go down to the final race - when was the last time MotoGP had a last race decider anyway?
Old 4 Oct 2004, 21:18 (Ref:1115343)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is only one way it is going, Vale has made a big mistake at Qatar, that simple, he has made more this year coz he is riuding the bike on the limit, not cruising like before, bound to happen.
He has Sete sorted in the mind and on the track, the only problem is that Honda seem to have the better bike really. If the Yam is thereabouts, Vale can make the difference, if not he will make top four. You never quite know still witht Sete if he is gonna be there EVERY weekend
Old 4 Oct 2004, 22:35 (Ref:1115411)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Rossi will edge it - just about. A final race decider would be fantastic. Seté really looked on form in Qatar, and can hopefully put a couple of less imrpessive resutls behind him. Rossi was clearly upset by his penalty in Qatar, and I doubt he's taking having fallen to heart particularly. We'll have a better idea after Malaysia, but I still think the better rider will beat the better bike.
Old 5 Oct 2004, 11:18 (Ref:1115751)   #4
Pitbabe
Racer

England
Grove, Oxfordshire
Pitbabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it will be Rossi. He's had setbacks before, and there's no doubt that Qatar is a big one, but he's got the mental strength to rise above it and come back strong. He'll be raring to go and show who's the best.
Old 5 Oct 2004, 13:30 (Ref:1115921)   #5
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rossi ..

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Oct 2004, 17:15 (Ref:1116147)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At the start I fought it would be between Biaggi and Gibernau but Rossi shall win it at Valencia.
Old 5 Oct 2004, 19:14 (Ref:1116278)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally im going for Sete, that Honda is just so well sorted...
Old 5 Oct 2004, 19:27 (Ref:1116293)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it will be Rossi, no question. He is stronger than Sete in the mind and on the bike.

But if Sete gets his head sorted, he could make his bike advantage count.
Old 5 Oct 2004, 20:23 (Ref:1116325)   #9
X-ecutioner
Rookie

X-ecutioner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But if Sete gets his head sorted, he could make his bike advantage count
After watching the whole MotoGP season this year i don't think Sete has that big of an advantage over Rossi in the bike department. Not to sound like a Rossi hater, because i am not, i am actually a Rossi fan........Still Rossi's yamaha is pretty sorted out. I mean c'mon, he has Jeremy burges....one of the best........infact THE best mechanic out there. If Rossi's yamaha was so inferior to Sete's Honda, he would've never won on a "traditional" Honda track like Assen.

At the end of the day, it's all down to bike setups actually, and i feel Rossi has had the best yamaha all year long. I mean talent alone is not gonna drag that yamaha down that straight, is it? Ofcourse a rider is a big influence, but a good rider always needs a good machine to back him up, and i don't think the yamaha is that shabby as people point it out to be. That yamaha can easily take the fight to the Hondas given the right setup, as checa displayed in the Qatar qualifying.

As for who's gonna be champion? I just can't wait for the remaining 3 races. This one is a nail biter. Both riders deserve it but i hope Sete wins. Rossi has had his championships in the bag, i think it's time for Sete to step up and get atleast one. If Sete wins this year, it's gonna be a whole different Ball game in 2005. Rossi vs Gibernau once again with the role reversed that time.

Let's just wait and see.....Can't wait.
Old 5 Oct 2004, 20:43 (Ref:1116339)   #10
Winther
Racer

Winther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who ever rides the best...
But I am not sure that I can stomach Sete winning it...I think he will go way beyond any kind of bad taste
Old 7 Oct 2004, 09:13 (Ref:1117810)   #11
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sete could catch up only thanx to a disgraceful weekend of
his rival's.
In ordinary conditions Rossi-Y are proving more competitive than Gibernau-H, therefore my vote for Vale.
Old 7 Oct 2004, 11:33 (Ref:1117905)   #12
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi. Sorry sete but he's just too good.
Old 7 Oct 2004, 17:44 (Ref:1118262)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't get me wrong X-ecutioner, the Yamaha is a good bike. It isn't miles off the Honda, like some would have you believe.

The Honda has a tiny advantage though, overall. And if we get a full wet race like Jerez, the Yam may struggle more than the Honda does.

But overall it's pretty close I'd say.
Old 7 Oct 2004, 21:04 (Ref:1118364)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have heard on the grapevine that Sete's team was the instigaotr in the track sweeping saga, though Tobes said on Eurosport that it was Repsol.
This has started a bit of an atmosphere in the Rossi pit as if it is true then the gloves might be off a little more thn usual.
}Cant see it though, the two of them get on well up to now, but you get the feeling dont you that Rossi is just gagging to hate Sete to get that little edge on him, if this is tetchy rumour is true then he might just have it
Old 8 Oct 2004, 08:21 (Ref:1118808)   #15
tater
Rookie

tater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe the same as you X-ecutioner, Rossi is an excellent rider but i want sete to win the championship, it annoys me the way when ever rossi is not getting a win that it is the bikes fault and that the yamaha is seen as a moped compared to the honda. I do think the honda has an edge over the yamaha with top end speed but yamaha as a bike has come along way this year, i think a fair amount of this credit goes to the rossi team as him and the team have given the yam very good development help this year and also rossi riding one has given yamaha as awhole and big moral boost.

The championship is going to come down to the wire and at the moment rossi still has a reasonable advantage with points and most people are backing him.
Old 8 Oct 2004, 12:02 (Ref:1118982)   #16
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally, I'll be cheering for Sete until the final lap of the final race, but IMHO Rossi has enough in hand to take the title.