BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone WTCC

Whats going on with paddock passes?
Old 7 May 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1295190)   #2
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd imagine its an open paddock...although don't quote me on that!

My advice would be to contact the circuit.
Old 7 May 2005, 20:38 (Ref:1295268)   #3
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
I did and paddock passes are a tenner each!
Old 7 May 2005, 21:45 (Ref:1295283)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's a rip off IMO, it was open paddock at Donington last year and there where no problems.
Old 7 May 2005, 22:54 (Ref:1295304)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
No mention of that on their website or when I ordered tickets. I would be surprised if there was a charge.
Old 8 May 2005, 07:57 (Ref:1295464)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did see something under one of the many different options when I order mine, but in the end I went for the joint WTCC/BTCC offer and nothing was said on that page.
Old 8 May 2005, 08:11 (Ref:1295471)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It was on their website when I looked recently so I decided not to go. Luckily I have acquired a ticket elsewhere now but I expect that there WILL be a charge for the paddock. I do not really know what these people are thinking - Thruxton wanted 8 quid last weekend and now Silverstone... grrr
Old 8 May 2005, 08:23 (Ref:1295481)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Its quite beyond me why they have to charge at all, the paddock Thruxton is quite tight and there is not much room and they always charge. But the Silverstone paddock is massive and you will not be able to see much anyway as the cars will all be in the garages behind screens away....
Old 8 May 2005, 11:06 (Ref:1295605)   #9
SeaneyC
Racer

SeaneyC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair, the Thruxton weekend advance ticket included paddock for both days, as well as entry on both days, and was cheaper than turning up on the just the Sunday and buying a ticket for entry and paddock. Personally i find £30 for a weekend's entertainment still rediculously cheap, especially compared to other sports, although i admit paying for a paddock pass is a bit of a con when it's another 1/3rd of the cost of the ticket.
Old 8 May 2005, 20:09 (Ref:1296004)   #10
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
I bought a paddock pass and I agree with Seaney, I was thinking of going to Arsenal - Liverpool today, 35 quid and that was off my Dads mate! I think 30 is good for what will be a great whole day of racing.
Old 8 May 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1296017)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I guess the difference is that Arsenal-Liverpool would have been a sell-out at whatever price they wanted to charge... the only motor race that has that claim to fame would be the GP - the others should be priced to attract us people who dont have thousands in the bank to blow every weekend.
Old 8 May 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1296030)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I see what you mean about being on the website, but only as an option when you order a day ticket. There's no mention on the event details page or in any of their pre-event advertising. If they really are going to stop you and charge another tenner there's going to be some very unhappy people on the day.
Old 8 May 2005, 22:40 (Ref:1296093)   #13
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so let me get this straight, for last years etcc and gt at donington entry was £15 with free paddock access(and a better line up with the brit f3s rounding out the day), and this year we get the pleasure of going to silverstone(not even the gp track), being charged £30 on the gate and then having to pay £10 to get in the paddock. i was going to attend but i think i'll just watch on eurosports live internet streaming.
Old 9 May 2005, 07:38 (Ref:1296309)   #14
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well we spoke to Silverstone when we ordered our weekend tickets and the paddock pass was £10 per day!!
Disgusted.
Old 9 May 2005, 22:27 (Ref:1297086)   #15
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
well we spoke to Silverstone when we ordered our weekend tickets and the paddock pass was £10 per day!!
Disgusted.
When I ordered my weekend ticket over the phone about 3 weeks ago, I didn't ask if paddock passes were required as I assumed it would be free access just like at Donington always was - the call centre operative also didn't offer them as an option (just various delivery choices). If they are charging, who has implemented it - Silverstone or the FIA ?

If this is the way forward now the series has FIA backing, then I for one am looking forward to the LMES in August - £20 for the weekend ticket, racing on the GP circuit, no mention anywhere on the website of paddock passes and (hopefully) more support races.
Old 11 May 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1298269)   #16
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
paddock passes prices sound ridiculous

but im happy with paying £40 for the btcc and wtcc weekend offer thats pretty good value i think considering they where charging 30 quid for the btcc race day last year
Old 11 May 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1298597)   #17
alfanano
Rookie

alfanano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I ordered my ticket on the web back in March – I don’t remember seeing anything about paddock passes, but then again I assumed it would be free as per always. I’m also very disappointed with the schedule – ONE race on Saturday. I didn’t go last year but I’m sure there were more support races for ETCC at both Silverstone and Donny in the past.
Old 15 May 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1301729)   #18
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
we went today, £25 advance ticket (£30 on the door) and £10 paddock pass which was a complete waste of money, you didnt get to see anything much, I think Silverstone is blimmin expensive, we're paying for ther GP improvements , and whilst its nice to have a new toilet block every 100 yards I don't think £35 offered particularly good value . . .the same price as a 4 day LeMans entry. Silverstone is my least favourite circuit in the UK.

The Astons where great though and the GT race fast, clean and close

1st WTCC race was just a presession unfortunately though
Old 15 May 2005, 21:52 (Ref:1301794)   #19
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry to say but it was an FIA paddock...what were you expecting to see?!
Old 15 May 2005, 23:03 (Ref:1301833)   #20
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We were quite lucky, we were going to pay on the gate, as we sort of forgot to order tickets a couple of weeks ago, and a nice man sold us 2 for 40 quid

Spent the spare tenner on a paddock pass, which turned out to be quite worthwhile for me.
Old 16 May 2005, 07:16 (Ref:1301922)   #21
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I order my tickets a few weeks ago and bought a paddock pass when I got there yesterday and I have to say what waste of £10. You couldn't see anything as all the garages where either closed or corned off or had screens up.

So for me I think someone scored an own goal with that one, but who was it Silverstone or SRO that decided to charge people to get in the paddock?
Old 16 May 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1302132)   #22
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
So for me I think someone scored an own goal with that one, but who was it Silverstone or SRO that decided to charge people to get in the paddock?
well speaking to others who had been abroad it seems the FIA/SRO do charge for paddock entry but only 5-8 euros for the weekend. So Silverstone must be just plain greedy....

Had to laugh though - a drivers's wife gets driven in the circuit (of course) and taken into the BRDC building. Very much later she wanders out to see her other half and they won't let her in the paddock - no pass! She just explained that her husband is one one of the drivers and gets let in....
Old 16 May 2005, 12:17 (Ref:1302139)   #23
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SRO don't run the FIA stuff do they? I thought they were Brit GT & LMES
Old 16 May 2005, 12:21 (Ref:1302144)   #24
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
well speaking to others who had been abroad it seems the FIA/SRO do charge for paddock entry but only 5-8 euros for the weekend. So Silverstone must be just plain greedy....
I'll blame Mr Ratel (SRO) more than Silverstone for the charge.
Old 16 May 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1302172)   #25
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSands
SRO don't run the FIA stuff do they?
They sure do. Didn't you see the SRO truck in the paddock?