Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 May 2005, 15:41 (Ref:1313713)   #1
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's Alfonso for the title isn't it?

No wonder Flavio’s going bonkers – can’t see the Renault boys losing this now can we?
Interesting oncar shot of the Renault front wind though ‘blowing’ flat along the straight. Sure it’s within the regulations barring ‘moveable’ aerodynamic aids? Must be.
Old 29 May 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1313716)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He is looking good, but it isn't over yet. It wouldn't have taken much difference for him to have been fifth or so today and Kimi to have won.

As for the wing. McLaren's was buffetted about a lot too, but I am sure they are both passing any test. The test is a far better way of checking than any other obversation.
Old 29 May 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1313717)   #3
Jaxs
Racer

Jaxs has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kimi can still do it...
Old 29 May 2005, 15:51 (Ref:1313721)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's still only a margin of 3 wins, with 12 races left, adn Kimi having been the fastest man out there for the last 4 races. It's definitely not over yet, and it could be that McLaren have so much momentum, that this outcome has kept the championship close.
Old 29 May 2005, 15:54 (Ref:1313724)   #5
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually Adam, thinking about it, I think the regs stipulate a maths formula of the bendability of materials used on the aeros. Some thing like that.
Old 29 May 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1313795)   #6
Jaxs
Racer

Jaxs has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kimi can still do it...
Old 29 May 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1313810)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfm
Actually Adam, thinking about it, I think the regs stipulate a maths formula of the bendability of materials used on the aeros. Some thing like that.
I think you are right. Afterall no flexibility would be unsafe.
Old 29 May 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1313822)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think its a shame that we could continue to have great battles between Kimi and Alonso all year now with Kimi winning a few more than Alonso, and yet Alonso be never really under threat in the Championship, with Kimi only taking 2-4 points off him each time. I don't really like the current points system because of that...

What we really need is for Toyota, Ferrari, BAR or Williams to really get motoring in the second half and start taking points off both!
Old 29 May 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1313823)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michael Schumacher is now 43 points behind Alonso.

Could he still win it?
Old 29 May 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1313843)   #10
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Michael Schumacher is now 43 points behind Alonso.

Could he still win it?
If Kimi who is 32 points behind has a chance then surely MS who is only 11 pts behind Kimi has a chance to...

On a serious note... i think Kimi has a chance because he seems to have a slight pace advantage over Alonso at the moment...but Alonso is managing to finish in high points position in every race so it could be difficult for Kimi to haul in the points...
Old 29 May 2005, 17:56 (Ref:1313845)   #11
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MS is 11 points behind Kimi
Old 29 May 2005, 18:01 (Ref:1313851)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
MS is 11 points behind Kimi
why are you re-stating what i've just said???

bless the 10 min edit window....
Old 29 May 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1313854)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Indeed - it no longer even has an "edited by" so you managed to cover it up very slickly!
Old 29 May 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1313916)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
I think its a shame that we could continue to have great battles between Kimi and Alonso all year now with Kimi winning a few more than Alonso, and yet Alonso be never really under threat in the Championship, with Kimi only taking 2-4 points off him each time. I don't really like the current points system because of that...
Whilst I can generally agree you've missed one important point. Championship considerations go out of the window if a racer can smell a win.
Old 29 May 2005, 19:38 (Ref:1313924)   #15
ssilviu
Rookie

Romania
Romania
ssilviu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kimi wasn't the fastest man this race...
Old 29 May 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1314014)   #16
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As some of the pundits would say, the title is Alonso's to lose.

We've seen how well McLaren and Ferrari are able to develop cars during the season so it may be a bit naive to write off Kimi and MS just yet. In past seasons, 12 races to go would mean the season had barely started yet this year it couldn't be more different. Plenty of time for the tables to turn in my view... although I'd love to see Alonso take it.
Old 29 May 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1314049)   #17
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
never count out those Ferrari's and Micheal Schumacher. thats all i gonna say .
Old 30 May 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1314589)   #18
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Totally agreed. I can just feel it. Something is going to happen. Write off Michael at your peril, I say.

As for "Kimi can still win it", so can M Schumacher, Barrichello, Button, Sato, Montoya, Heidfeld, Webber, Fisichella, Massa, Villeneuve, Coulthard, Klien, Liuzzi, Wurz, de la Rosa, Davidson, Ralf, Trulli, Karthikeyen, Monteiro, Albers and Friesacher.

12 races = 120 points.

Alonso only has a 32 point lead, so ANYONE can win it still!!
Old 30 May 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1314625)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

I don't think anyone has led the world championship by 32 points and not won it.

Furthermore, Michael is 43 points behind Alonso with 12 races to go - it's very unlikely he'll win it.
Old 30 May 2005, 15:03 (Ref:1314754)   #20
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anything can happen just like Kimis tyre. The points system really favours Alonso. I think team mates will play a key role in this years championship. McLaren need a string of 1-2's to pull in Alonso's lead
Old 30 May 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1314761)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

They also need a few retirements from Fernando
Old 30 May 2005, 15:40 (Ref:1314788)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fernando will retire from races for sure. Fisichella surely can't be the only one to have trouble all year although I guess Rubens would like to point out the 2001, 2002 and 2003 seasons.

Important to note that the constructors title is extremely wide open for a number of teams.
Old 30 May 2005, 16:02 (Ref:1314806)   #23
Kicking-back
Veteran

I think the constructors could be the main target for McLaren if they can get JPM up front with Kimi - Renault will be putting all their eggs in the "secure Fernando's title" basket.
Old 30 May 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1314895)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I fully agree KB.
Old 30 May 2005, 18:22 (Ref:1314909)   #25
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the way the current point system goes, it will take a huge dive for Alonso to lose this now.

The way I figure it, Kimi and Alonso will be neck and neck the rest of the way, and with the small difference in points between 1st - 2nd - 3rd, and so on, Kimi will not be able to catch Alonso. Alonso can play it safe and still win handily.

Thats why they need to change this point system IMO...

Danica Patrick