Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Feb 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1216823)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
2005 Teammate battles

Every team but Red Bull and Minardi have confirmed their driver lineup. Its time to go out on a limb and post who you think will win the teammate battles. Then later in the season, we can bring up this thread, and it'll be humble pies all around!

Ferrari
Michael Schumacher
Rubens Barrichello
-> Michael. Need I say more? Didn't think so.

British American Racing
Jenson Button
Takuma Sato
-> Button, but it'll be closer this year. I will go out on a limb here and say that Taku will get his share of upper hands on Jenson. Jenson has dreams of Williams, the chemistry between Richards and Button stinks right now, and Taku made huge strides to get his raw talent under control last year.

Renault
Fernando Alonso
Giancarlo Fisichella
-> Everyone knows what I will say here. I am going out on a limb and saying that, when all is said and done, Giancarlo will have been the more successful of the two. Fernando is still young, and there is no way Giancarlo is going to blow this one.... Unless Flabio intervenes and does something stupid.. which is entirely possible.

Williams
Mark Webber
Nick Heidfeld

-Webber. Heidfeld is strong, but I maintain that outside of Michael (who is clearly in a league of his own), Fisi, Kimi, and Webber are the drivers with the most ability.

McLaren
Kimi Räikkönen
Juan Pablo Montoya

-> Kimi, but it'll be fairly close. Juan seems in good shape and focussed, but I fear he is too much of a hothead, and Kimi is sooooo cooool....

Sauber Petronas
Jacques Villeneuve
Felipe Massa
-> If Felipe can keep it under control this year, he'll take it. I know Jacques has ability, but nothing I saw from him last year makes me think he's anything but washed up... Sorry ascii man...

Toyota
Ralf Schumacher
Jarno Trulli

-> IMHO, the closest battle. In the end, I think it'll be Jarno on top... but very very close... Jarno really seemed to take it Alonso last year, maybe he is now able to consistently do good races, and not just qualy's..

Jordan, Minardi and Red Bull Can't say... (and who cares?)
Old 3 Feb 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1216886)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari
Michael Schumacher & Rubens Barrichello

> Michael Schumacher - Well, Duh.....

BAR Honda
Jenson Button & Takuma Sato

> Jenson Button - Smooth driving style and consistency will undoubtedly pay off for him IMO...

McLaren Mercedes
Kimi Raikkonen & Juan Pablo Montoya

> Kimi Raikkonen - He's already nice 'n cozy with the team, and a proven title challenger!

Williams BMW
Nick Heidfeld & Mark Webber

> Nick Heidfeld - For no reason whatsoever, even though I never really liked him...

Renault
Giancarlo Fisichella & Fernando Alonso

> Giancarlo Fisichella - His blinding speed and experience will most probably outdo Alonso, well at least I hope so...

Sauber Petronas
Jacques Villeneuve & Felipe Massa

> Jacques Villeneuve - On paper the obvious choice, but hasn't been impressive for quite some time, the last times he impressed me was back in 2000/2001, a long time ago...
Could be a close call but I think/hope that Jacques will find that fire back and beat Massa...

Toyota
Jarno Trulli & Ralf Schumacher

> Ralf Schumacher - The faster of the two on racedays, and somewhat more consistant. Shouldn't be too hard for him to beat Trulli.

Midland-Jordan Toyota
Really don't care.....

Minardi Cosworth
Ditto...

Red Bull Cosworth
David Coulthard & Christian Klien

> David Coulthard - He's fast(ish), has a lot of experience and is consistant (in coming 2nd in the championship )

Well those are my predictions of team battles!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 3 Feb 2005 at 21:06.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1216906)   #3
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari: MS to see off Rubens as per usual, with 2 or 3 late season surges from Barrichello when MS eases off after championship win.

BAR: Button to still have the upper hand at the start of the season, then Taku to start seeing him off towards the end.

McLaren: Raikkonen to start off stronger and stay that way all year.

Williams: Heidfeld to dispel the Webber myth, despite Mark being Frank and Patrick's favourite.

Renault: Fisichella won't be able to live with Alonso's race pace in particular, but may sneak in front of him on occasion.

Sauber: Massa will have too much for Villeneuve, both in qualifying and race.

Toyota: Interesting, but I believe an on-form Trulli will outshadow Ralf. Looking forward to this one!

Midland/Jordan: Monteiro to find his F1 feet quicker to begin with, but Karthikeyan's faster pace to be on top at season's end.

Minardi: If it's Kiesa I won't expect much, if it's Baumgartner I'll expect even less, Albers to struggle.

Red Bull: Coulthard to (A) Beat Klien
(B) Lose to Liuzzi
Old 3 Feb 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1216948)   #4
minirda
Racer

minirda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari: MS (based on skill, contracts, team orders and (lack of) personality)
McLaren: JPM (KR the more complete, but it seems JPM is more determinded and fit)
BAR: TS (i am a fan)
Renault: GF (Alonso being overrated, GF never lost a team battle)
Williams: NH (it will be very close)
Toyota: RS (more consitency, speed, fitness and determination)
Sauber: JV (i don't know how FM wil develop, but JV seems more consistent)
Red Bull: DC (i can't imagin Klien or some rookie even named Liuzzi beat DC)
Jordan: TM (wild guess)
Minardi: depends on who is becoming Chris's teammate. I think the one with the biggest wallet will win.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1216958)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari - Michael, no shock there.

BAR - Button, but by a smaller margin than last year

Renault - I don't think Fisichella will be allowed to have the upper hand, even though in 2004 form it could be close.

Williams - Hard to decide, but I'd say Webber will be the faster and more consistent.

McLaren - Heart says Montoya, head says Raikkonen, as long as his recent problems aren't indicative of anything wider.

Sauber - As long as the car is okay Jacques should be the more impessive

Red Bull - DC, but I think the gap would close over the course of the season if Liuzzi gets the drive.

Toyota - Difficult call, but I was impressed with Ralf's pace and manner when he returned at the end of last season, and can see him havign the edge.

The rest hardly matter, and it saddens me to say that right now.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 23:09 (Ref:1216977)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari - Schumacher
BAR - Button
Renault - Alonso
Williams - Heidfeld
McLaren - Raikkonen
Sauber - Villeneuve
Red Bull - Coulthard
Toyota - Trulli
Jordan - Monteiro
Minardi - Kiesa
Old 3 Feb 2005, 23:27 (Ref:1216989)   #7
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what the hell, i just started writing my list and noticed i agree with K-B, except Minardi though

Last edited by flor; 3 Feb 2005 at 23:28.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 23:41 (Ref:1217000)   #8
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari - Schumacher
BAR - Button - although I honestly think Sato will get the first win.
Renault - Alonso
Williams - Webber
McLaren - Montoya
Sauber - Villeneuve
Red Bull - Coulthard
Toyota - Trulli
Jordan - No idea.
Minardi - Albers
Old 4 Feb 2005, 00:32 (Ref:1217031)   #9
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Ferrari: Schumacher, of course.

BAR: Button, but, as many of said, it'll be closer. Sato may well be the first Japanese driver to win a GP. Indeed, I can see Sato winning and Button not, but count up the points, my friend, and any way you do it JB will be on top.

Renault: Tricky, tricky, tricky. I'm going to stick my neck out and say Fisichella, because I was disappointed by Alonso's form last year, and Fisi really needs to perform this year.

Williams: Heidfeld. I rate both Heidfeld and Webber, and both may win races, but watch Nick win his first race, see the floodgates open, and the flawless champion of 1999 will be back. You mark my words (unless I'm wrong, in which case, you ain't seen me, right?).

McLaren: Hmmm, Montoya. A month ago I would have said Raikkonen, but Montoya's obvious enthusiasm, the way he has gelled with McLaren and the frosty comments by Martin Whitmarsh on Kimi's behaviour make me think that perhaps the balance of power is changing.

Sauber: Probably the closest to even-stevens you'll get. Jacques will occasionally be brilliant but more often look bored and mediocre, Massa will be fast when he's on the road and not halfway up a tyre wall. On balance, Massa.

Red Bull: DC. He'll see off Klien, and will have enough experience to beat Liuzzi. And he needs to prove himself.

Toyota: Trulli, because he'll be less wildly inconsistent than Ralf. Though I still suspect we may have a Toyota one-two at one race, and many races where they struggle for points. An odd pairing.

Jordan: Karthikeyan, if he can keep his head. Monteiro will probably play it softly-softly-catchee-monkee, whereas Karthikeyan (not unlike Massa) will either be quick or exiting stage left. But I think Narain's pace will see him through.

Minardi: Albers. He's quick. You don't challenge Bernd Schneider in the AMG touring car squad without serious pace. Kiesa can't live with him.
Old 4 Feb 2005, 01:54 (Ref:1217060)   #10
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Jenson has dreams of Williams, the chemistry between Richards and Button stinks right now
Dave Richards is gone so that's hardly an issue anymore...

Ferrari
I think Michael will have the edge quite easily. Unfortunately Rubens will not be finishing 2nd in the Championship this year, there are just too many great drivers in the right teams this year for that to happen. I still believe Michael will win it overall though, but Ferrari will be hard pressed to win the WCC.

BAR-Honda
A VERY close call. Taku definitely has come on in leaps and bounds, and while Button is very consistent, I still have my doubts on how he goes under pressure. Truth is, that car made BOTH drivers look very good last year. I think Button may just get the edge on this one, but Taku will score the first win.

Renault
Alonso will have the edge early, as Massa did against Fisi early 2004. Fisichella will put in some strong performances, and probably win a race if the car is up to it, but Alonso will win this battle. He is just too talented not to.(not saying Fisi isn't talented)

Williams
Another VERY close battle. As it has been said MANY times on this forum, neither have got experience running at the front but the only way to get experience is to be in a team like Williams. Webber will surprise (and shut up) quite a few people this year, and this isn't just patriotism here, I think he is a star. But it will be very close. I expect both drivers toi be on the podium quite a few times and Williams should aim for at least 3rd in the WCC. Webber by a bee's you-know-what.

McLaren Mercedes
While I am a fan of DC, I am very much looking forward to this battle. It has the promisings of a Senna-Prost-esque battle. I can see McLaren winning the WCC this year, but Kimi and Juan will take too many points off each other for either to win the WDC. It will be close, expect Kimi to have the edge early while JPM gets to grips with a new car, but both should be looking for wins this year. JPM will scrape home.

Sauber
Good to see JV back in, I enjoy watching him. Let's hope the Sauber does his talents justice and he has the odd chance to scrap with Michael again. But I think Massa will edge him out by a couple of points.

Red Bull Racing
DC theorectically SHOULD beat any teammate thrown at him here, but you can never tell with DC. I hope that Klien gets his chance though, he deserves it, last year he showed a fair bit of promise. Bahrain will always stick in my mind with his battle with Kimi.

Toyota
Ralf will win this one, but expect a very close and fierce battle. Toyota will get a podium or two this year, hopefully anyway. It is really hard to tell, but at least they have the right drivers now.

Jordan
Two rookies out to prove a point. Unlike many people on this forum, I think Jordan (Midland) have done a fairly smart thing. They have made it very clear that they are rebuilding and what better to do than hire (in their opinion) two promising drivers? From what I have heard, Karthikeyen will win this battle on speed alone.

Minardi
What can you say here? Should Kiesa get the seat, he will win the battle on experience alone. Minardi will be hard pressed to score points this season, but they may spring a surprise or two in the wet, or Monaco.

Last edited by Skam85; 4 Feb 2005 at 01:59.
Old 4 Feb 2005, 07:46 (Ref:1217183)   #11
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari: Rhuby!!
oh...hangon.Who was there other guy? Maybe him then

BAR: JB will do consistantly well.The question is how much will taku improve?
Will he start outdoing jenson as some of you say?it sure would be interesting to see him do that

Renault: I think alonso will beat fisi more often than not.
Actually it's no real point trying to predict anything in flab's team-you never know who he is giving the best development parts to this particular month! (or whatever it is that he obviously has been doing over the years)

Williams: Definitely mark -but hopefully not by alot- i want nick to be fast also.
Webber drives the wheels off a car like shu but it will be interesting seeing him still learning things while at the front of the grid ! I predict several strange mistakes

McLaren: Definitely Kimi,but as allmost everyone here says,not by much!
The worries over kimi's motivation and fitness are just silly

Sauber: Jaques will be a good consistant fast driver,but i wouldn't be surprised to see massa outdo him ,especially at first due to jaques still getting up to speed(?)

Red Bull: DC will probably outdo Klien more often than not ,especially due to situations that require experience.I think (not sure just yet) that klien is faster though.
Liuzzi i don't know at all
Sadly ,dc is just too inconsistant to get an immediate idea of how fast klein and liuzzi are but over the course of a season we should have it all worked out.

Toyota: Both drivers are woefully inconsistant but Ralf will take this because he is bother faster and faster slightly more often than trulli

Jordan: um...who?

Minardi: The name rings a bell...
Old 4 Feb 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1217192)   #12
Troy
Racer

Troy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari - Schumacher. Yawn
BAR - Button
Renault - Fisi
Williams - Heidfeld
McLaren - Montoya
Sauber - Villeneuve
Red Bull - Who cares
Toyota - Who cares
Jordan - Who cares
Minardi - Who cares
Old 4 Feb 2005, 08:45 (Ref:1217215)   #13
toot toot
Racer

toot toot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari-Schumacher
BAR-Button
Renault-Alonso
Williams-Webber
McLaren-Raikkonen
Sauber-Massa
Toyota-Ralf.
Old 4 Feb 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1217220)   #14
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari - MS

McLaren - Kimi - it will be close though.

Williams - another close one - but I'm going for Nick - more experience and he's showed he can soak up the pressure during the shoot out. The expectation is on Mark.

Renault - Fizzi - Alonso didn't show that well against Trulli last year until Flav played his joker.

BAR - could be closer than last year - Sato still maturing but JB will come out ahead.

Sauber - Another tricky one - raw speed v the old hand - on paper JV should be able to come out ahead.

Red Bull - Same as above really - although I would guess that Luizzi would concern DC more than Klein.

Toyota - both are evenly matched on consistency to me a line up that cancels each other out - I'll go for Ralf though - his mental attitude and tendancy to be rather cold will out psyche Jarno.

Jordan - Monteiro - based on his experience and I see Karthikeyan being much like Sato was at Jordan back then, flashes of speed but wild.

Minardi - Albers front runner in DTM, Kiesa looks likely number 2 but not lit any fires to my mind.
Old 4 Feb 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1217272)   #15
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ferrari - Schumacher
BAR - Button
Renault - FISI(hope)
Williams - Heidfeld(hope)
McLaren - Raikkonen
Sauber - Villeneuve(hope)
Red Bull - Coulthard
Toyota - Trulli
Jordan - Monteiro..........
Minardi - Kiesa.............
Old 4 Feb 2005, 10:00 (Ref:1217276)   #16
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Ferrari: Schumacher - No Brainer
McLaren: Close, but Kimi to edge it over the course of the season, Montoya finishing the year the stronger.
BAR: Button. I'm not convinced that Sato can move up another level, which is what he needs to do to consistantly beat Button
Renault: Very close, but I think that Fisi's big chance will be scuppered by a quicker team mate, who knows his team & is settled there.
Williams: Webber. Heidfeld will push Webber more than any of his previous team mates. Webber will win this battle as long as he avoids any silly mistakes.
Toyota: Too close to call. Both have their good weekends. RS may edge it over the season.
Sauber: Massa. JV won't be far behind.
Red Bull: Coulthard will blow away either of his prospective team-mates
Jordan: Oh dear. Not much to choose from here.
Minardi: Verstappen????
Old 4 Feb 2005, 15:01 (Ref:1217468)   #17
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari: Schumacher
BAR: Button, but should be super close.
Renault: Fisico. Alonso was almost beaten by a "troubled" Jarno last year.
Williams: Webber probably, but NH will look good.
McLaren: Kimi and JPM will end with the same point score
Sauber: I hope Jacques...
Toyota: Trulli. I predict the car won't be great and I think Jarno will have more patience.
Jordan: Monteiro, I think he's more consistent.
Old 4 Feb 2005, 15:17 (Ref:1217476)   #18
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari - Michael by about 50 points

BAR - Button, maybe by 15-20 points, probably both taking at least 1 win

Renault - As long as Flavio gives Fisichella an equal chance, I think he can really challenge Alonso. These two should be close, perhaps Alonso ahead on wins and podiums, but Fisichella on points.

Williams - This'll be tougher for Webber, no doubt about it. It's a tough call, but I'll go for Webber by less than 10 points.

McLaren - I think Montoya could have the edge in 2006, as long as he doesn't get frustrated this year if things go wrong. All the same, Kimi's position in the team might give him the crucial advantage, again probably by a handful of points.

Sauber - Massa was perhaps the most improved driver in 2004, but I think both drivers will struggle to protect their rear tyres, if that is an issue as predicted. Perhaps JV will adjust better, but it's a tough call.

Red Bull - DC should have the better of Klien or Liuzzi, but Tonio could be faster on occasion, and on a par with him by the end of the season - unfortunately for him, the best chances of points may be gone by then. 10-2 to DC would be my guess.

Toyota - Jarno's settled into the team, and as long as he can put the second half of 2004 behind him, and understand that it wasn't his fault that he struggled, he should have the edge, although I can see Ralf having a few on-days. Maybe 15-8 to Jarno

Jordan - There's no real way of knowing how these guys will go in F1 cars, but Montiero probably has a little more potential

Minardi - If Albers is a bad as he was in F3000 (no points while Webber (also a rookie) came 3rd in the sister car), he'll lose out to whoever his mystery team-mate is, especially if he can't readjust to single-seaters.
Old 4 Feb 2005, 15:20 (Ref:1217481)   #19
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari - TGF
BAR - Sato (better relations with team may count...)
Renault - Alonso (but it'll be close)
Williams - Webber
McLaren - Raikkonnen
Sauber - Massa (another close call)
Red Bull - Coulthard (assuming Liuzzi doesn't do the full season)
Toyota - Trulli
Jordan - Monteiro (hard to call though)
Minardi - Albers (assuming Kiesa gets second seat)
Old 4 Feb 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1217488)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari:... Michael...at a canter...

BAR : Jenson,but if Taku has more realiability than 04...it will be very close

Renault : Alonso...but i hope Giancarlo does well, this is his big chance,

Williams : Webber, another close one. I know testing doesnt mean anything but if you look at the times Nick was very quick and will be no pushover for Mark.

Mclaren: Kimi... more experienced in the team and has the ability to score good points even when the car is not at 100%. JPM will run him all the way.

Sauber: JV.... If he puts it together i dont think Massa is good enough to challenge JV.... it depends on which JV turns up for 2005. The motivated JV or the 2003 one... i think it is more JV vs himself.

Toyota: Ralf... i think over a single lap.. RS is the quicker and i think his consistency will improve as well being at a new team

Red Bull : DC... more experienced and quicker IMO

Jordon... Montiero...i dont rate Narain that highly

Minardi... dont know
Old 4 Feb 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1217498)   #21
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ferrari - Schumacher
BAR - Button
Renault - Alonso, but Fisi right there, especially as the season progresses
Williams - Heidfeld, very close but I think Nick will be more consistent and live up to his underrated status
McLaren - Raikkonen, JPM must not lose his cool against the Iceman and will beat him on occasion (They will make contact, I have no doubt of that)
Sauber - Villeneuve, close but JV's patience and confidence should prevail
Red Bull - Coulthard, should be no contest
Toyota - Trulli (if I could sit on the fence, I would call this even).
Old 5 Feb 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1218045)   #22
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The most interesting team mate battle will be at Mclaren. I wouldn't like to say who would come out on top in that one.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 5 Feb 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1218055)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Off-track circumstances in terms of team-building and driver support will certianly have the biggest effect at McLaren. On sheer pace both drivers are astounding, but possible weaknesses exist with both. Interesting that Trulli seems to be msot people's pick at Toyota - I can see that one being very close.
Old 6 Feb 2005, 02:35 (Ref:1218550)   #24
TBMATT05
Rookie

TBMATT05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari - Shuey (Who Else)
BAR - Button (I just don't see Sato being more than a Barrachiello esque driver to Button)
Renault - Alonso (Alonso with more wins, but Fisi to qualify better than Alonso)
Williams - Webber (Webber to me seems to have performed better in minnor machinery than Nick over the last 3 years. Don't get me wrong Nick will still do a good job and could in the top 5 or 7)
McLaren - Raikkonnen (I can't see JPM being as consistant as Raikkonnen as well as the fact that Kimi is settled more into the team)
Sauber - Massa (Massa has a lot of raw talent and this season I predict him to be a bit more consistant as he's settled with the team. As with JV well I don't think he's the driver he used to be and predict a Massa to beat him like Button did with BAR)
Red Bull - Coulthard (Unlike JV, I still think DC's still got something left in the tank and will help the likes of Klien and Liuzzi)
Toyota - Trulli (Tough one to call to be honsest I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong about this one
Jordan - Monteiro (Monteiro does have more experience in single seat racing but too close to make an informed judgement)
Minardi - Albers (I've got a feeling the only thing that Albers team mate will have is $$)
Old 6 Feb 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1218725)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMATT05
Minardi - Albers (I've got a feeling the only thing that Albers team mate will have is $$)

Albers team mate will be Nicolas Kiesa - an F3000 race winner. Albers didn't manage a point in that series.

I expect Kiesa will be quicker.