Old 27 Feb 2001, 19:08 (Ref:67020)   #1
vauxhall
Veteran

vauxhall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HERES MY VEIW ON F1:!!!

Ferrari and Mclaren always win!!!
M.s. gets a 3 year lead in the race!!!
no over taking !!!
..so thats a good form of motorsport, hummm...

TOURING CARS IS THE BEST FORM OF MOTORSPORT
Old 27 Feb 2001, 19:33 (Ref:67022)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
er, see my i, the undersigned in the champ car forum...
Old 27 Feb 2001, 19:55 (Ref:67029)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oddly enough, vauxhall, many of those self-same criticisms could be levelled at the BTCC over the last couple of years. (no overtaking, processional races, phoney pitstops, Rydell walked his championship, Menu walked his, and I don't even remember who won last year!) Let's face it, there were plenty of races in 2000 that were a veritable snoozefest.

I'll admit that I'm on record as believing that F1 right now isn't the best it's ever been, but it's motor sport, and so it still ranks far above any other competition known to mankind.

So why is F1 worth watching?

1. Fast cars

2. Fast cars

3. err... fast cars, I guess.

But then I'll be found watching any form of motor racing apart from Eurocar and "classic bangers".
Old 27 Feb 2001, 20:03 (Ref:67033)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by vauxhall
Ferrari and Mclaren always win!!!
M.s. gets a 3 year lead in the race!!!
no over taking !!!
First point:
Okay, that's true. I can't argue with that, and I doubt anyone else in this forum can truthfully say that other teams win. Hopefully we can see the gap to Ferrari and McLaren close in the next few seasons (fingers crossed).

Second point:
Don't agree at all. Quite a few races last year were close - albeit only between TGF and Hakkinen. TGF was a long way ahead in the championship to begin with, but the gap was closed and at one point he lost the lead. So it wasn't as clean-cut a victory for him as you might be led to believe.

Third point:
Not entirely true, but you make a perfectly valid point. It's not so much that overtaking never happens, but simply that it's not very interesting and it doesn't happen often enough.