Old 28 Oct 2005, 17:07 (Ref:1446185)   #1
ukkartace
Rookie

United Kingdom
Norwich
ukkartace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plans for 2006

hi just thought i'd start a new thread as i never have lol,
to see what everyone is planning on doing next year!
Old 28 Oct 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1446407)   #2
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit un known at the moment for me. Alld epends on money, probably just be in club level senior Rotax, i mean stock cars, i mean looneys on wheels, i mean....yeh, Rotax
Old 29 Oct 2005, 03:18 (Ref:1446505)   #3
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As for my son, JICA on the national level, Jr. Rotax on the club level with possibly some stock 125 shifter thrown in. As for me, whatever is left in running condition.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1446681)   #4
ukkartace
Rookie

United Kingdom
Norwich
ukkartace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sounds cool how old is your son? will he be doing the stars rounds in the usa?
Old 29 Oct 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1446720)   #5
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

#15 tkm 4/ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
atm im still doing super 1 in TKM 4 stroke, but we are considering a change to TKM 2 stroke in Super 1
Old 30 Oct 2005, 16:02 (Ref:1447615)   #6
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My son is 14 and yes he will be running Stars in the USA.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1447619)   #7
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Won't be doing the first part of the season up until May, to concentrate on my Higher exams. From then on, will probably be doing similar things to this season. 2nd half of the season in S1, O Plate at GYG, and a race at Wombwell (only track in the North I haven't done yet).

Other than TKM - Might do a few road rallies or some other (relatively) cheap form of car competition once I've got my RTA licence. Am in talks with an ex-karter about doing a bit of rally co-driving for him in the Ecosse Peugeot 205 Challenge. And hopefully will get that test in a gearbox which I've been after for about a year now.
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 30 Oct 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1447633)   #8
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by #15 tkm 4/
atm im still doing super 1 in TKM 4 stroke, but we are considering a change to TKM 2 stroke in Super 1
Good choice. I'm probably gonna do TKM 2-stroke as well. I guess it'll be time to change your signature then :-)
Old 30 Oct 2005, 16:47 (Ref:1447645)   #9
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

Not a chance in hell, im still sticking with TKM 4stroke, just thought we might as well race where there are big grids and see if i can do better than richard. And as i said we are still considering it because the price to run in 2stroke at the top end is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more than running at the top end of 4stroke
Old 30 Oct 2005, 17:02 (Ref:1447655)   #10
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As my mother would say... "its only money, you can't take it with you" !
Old 30 Oct 2005, 17:32 (Ref:1447679)   #11
Maxkarter
Rookie

South Africa
South Africa
Maxkarter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well for me its going to be quite a few things!

1. South African Rotax Max Challenge - Junior Max
2. South African National Championship - Junior Max
3. Bloemfontein Kart Club Regional Championship - 100cc 2/ (I think you guys call it JICA)
Old 30 Oct 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1447791)   #12
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and see if i can do better than richard
*in flashing neon lights*

N
O
T

D
I
F
F
I
C
U
L
T

So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 30 Oct 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1447855)   #13
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TKM 4 stroke in seniors in f6, I'm going to do alot of testing over the winter months.......
Old 31 Oct 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1448243)   #14
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
TKM 4 stroke in seniors in f6, I'm going to do alot of testing over the winter months.......

Luke, I'll be joining you. Just bought a very nice 2005 MS outfit.
Intend to do some practice over the winter as Ive only even driven corporate karts, but have done 3 years of single seaters, so hopefully wont be lapped too many times.

Really looking forward to it, but didnt realise how much fettling has to be done with karts, at least they are pretty straight forward.....well to look at anyway.

Now just need to cut down on the beer......I think this will be the greatest challenge though
Old 31 Oct 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1448320)   #15
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

if you guys both have a race licence atm, why dont you come down to sandown for the first round of the winter series. I think the first race is this weekend but i will check. So far there are 4 snr tkms deffently entered *me, my brother (just moved up jnr) james pike (just moved up from jnr) lee sherwin (just came of novies plates) urmmm possiobly another super 1 driver, and also possibly another 2 f6 drivers, with maybe another 2 ex super 1 drivers, so it could be quite a big grid. Also it is enough rounds to get you off your novice plate and get used to stuff before joing f6.

So possibly there are 9 driver and with you 2 that will make 11 (doubt there will be everyone there but still a possible 11 is a good grid
Old 31 Oct 2005, 14:15 (Ref:1448407)   #16
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Watching, no sponsorship yet
Old 31 Oct 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1448419)   #17
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo
Watching, no sponsorship yet
Forget the sponsorship. A friend of mine who ran a ChampCar team told me that his sponsors were his biggest pain in the ass. Needless to say the team went belly up a shortly afterwards... but he did have a point :-)

You can get yourself a pukka Formula A and wind it up to full chat on that front straight in Mondello to the better side of 100mph. You're not stuck with the single make rubbish we have to run at club level here in the UK. Go do it before the IKC resort to Max and prokarts. I was fortunate enough to race 100cc 89 Rotaxes in the 1980s on the full 1.24 mile circuit at lap times not far shy of FF1600. Great feeling. Do it man !
Old 31 Oct 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1448470)   #18
Tassie_Devil
Rookie

Australia
Tasmania, Australia
Tassie_Devil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be competing in the Tasmanian Kart Championship (seniour clubman). I will also be working on my race car to finish that and enter that in some tarmac rallies in Tasmania and Victoria (2007).
Old 31 Oct 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1448482)   #19
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I did the final two F6 junior royale rounds and won the challenge trophy, and need another two to get off my novice plate, from now I'm looking and I have people who are looking for me I was just wondering what is your personal fave chassis, just so I can get an idea, thanks.
I know Sandown very well and did Lydd so I'll be testing at most of the tracks I don't know throughout the off-season.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1448515)   #20
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wish I could, but my current license is a car license. I am entitled to a national B kart license automatically, but there's no point getting one now, as it will need to be renewed within a couple of months. I also need to find out whether I have to run on novice plates...I think I may have to.

I also need some practrice before I dare turn up with the kart to a race meet.
Will try and pop along as Sandown is only 1/2 hour for me, but have some friends over this weekend, which may scupper it .

I still dont know the race day format (any hints, as Im used to sign on, scrutineer, qualify and then hang around for a few hours until the race, and then end of day. I gather karting is quite a bit different)

and desperately trying to figure out how karts work (all the adjustments etc), but they seem fairly straight forward. I only picked the kart up on Sunday. Must say many thanks to the Horners for their help and keeping the kart in excellent condition.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1448517)   #21
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford*

* If someone wants to pay for it, otherwise it looks like sticking with Club100 and maybe a few outings in a Senior Rotax and or ICA.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1448655)   #22
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should be doing a form of car racing (not at liberty to say what yet, because I don't know who hangs around this forum) - but it's pretty high-profile.

And I should be doing select national/international SuperICC rounds.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1449712)   #23
RonVerstegen
Rookie

Netherlands
Den Bosch
RonVerstegen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello,

I'm new...but I will tell my plans:
- I want to race the Belgian and European Rotax Max Challenge...
- I signed a contract at a factory-team: Austerikart Belgium
- I hope to do some testing work in single seaters in 2006
Old 1 Nov 2005, 22:13 (Ref:1449866)   #24
Superliner II
Rookie

Superliner II should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If everything falls into place then I will be doing Super 1 in 100 National. If not then probably just selected PF and/or GYG clubbies in 100 National. Budget option is Llandow in Snr Rotax.

However, come January I may just go mad, sell all my current gear and buy an ICC.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1450308)   #25
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

ahhh john horner, and his son micheal you bought it off. I was wondering where they had gone to.

Basically the order of the meeting is.... Signing on, scruitneering, Breifing, Practise (3laps) heat 1 (8-10laps) heat 2 (8-10laps) Heat 3 (8-10laps) lunch for 1 hour (final 12-15laps)

That is the rough base for all kart meetings, may change at other tracks though.

Also karts are far but easy to set up perfect. There easy to set up within half a second of the pace (depending on driver skill too) but the last half a second to gain on setup is a *****. It will take you many many years to fully understand the laws in karting