Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Mar 2001, 00:29 (Ref:71546)   #1
knowlesy59
Racer

Wales
WALES
knowlesy59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if you use ur heads you will realise that the btcc has been gettin more pants cause no body knows bout it.i was readin it in another forum and they say that if it was promoted better there might be more manufacturers and fans wanting to be a part of the btcc.

how can this be corrected?...

TV adverts - if these could be put on during the f1 or eastenders or sumthing people would start watching more and then wanting to go to the race meetings.the bad point would be making the advert and getting in broadcast at these times would cost a packet.

Radio - maybe if it was advertised after footy games or summat more people would get interested.the bad point being the person can only hear and not see what the btcc is about.

Newspapers - i have not seen any articles about the btcc in the national papers fullstop.why aint the papers interested about the nations premier car racing championship.all i have seen is a little advert at the bottom of the sun every 2 weeks last year saying what the next venue was and it showed the venue calender.maybe the papers only want to know about f1(which is very sad).

Computer Games - the only reason that i got to know about touring cars was when i went round to me mates house and he slapped TOCA 1 in his playstation.had a few goes and he told me it was on the telly so i watched it and then i went to oulten.
many of you say this is also the same way for you so why aint richard west or sumone trying to get this sorted.
roll on TOCA 4

these are just a few of my ideas but what are yours and what do you all reckon?

------------------------------------------------------------
if in doubt,drive flat out!
Old 16 Mar 2001, 00:47 (Ref:71552)   #2
fudge
Rookie

fudge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The popular daily newspapers rarely report on Bttc, God knows why because we know it's great. To try to get motorsports reporters to cover Bttc why don't we fans start flooding their offices with e-mails requesting reports on each round and for the support races?
Old 16 Mar 2001, 09:47 (Ref:71619)   #3
vauxhall
Veteran

vauxhall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC
Old 16 Mar 2001, 10:19 (Ref:71628)   #4
marc bishop
Rookie

marc bishop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one way we can spread the btcc is by telling people u know, when i saw the btcc for the frist time,i couldnt belive what i was missing, i showed my mate the video and now he likes it, ( this is years ago). every one gets fed up coz i go on about it! try writing in sport magazines, or teletext, the important thing is that u like it,& f1 is becoming VERY boring, i thought it was the best motorsport ages ago, until i saw that hidden gem!! i reckon theres loads of people out there that will love the btcc, there must be a way 2 make it poplaur...............................
Old 16 Mar 2001, 10:28 (Ref:71633)   #5
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
I think that TOCA experimented with TV advertising a few years ago, but I don't know what effect they had.
Old 16 Mar 2001, 10:34 (Ref:71636)   #6
marc bishop
Rookie

may be someone should stick neon lights on big ben saying" THE BTCC IS BETTER THEN YOUR MUM IN BED!!!!!!
Old 16 Mar 2001, 15:00 (Ref:71693)   #7
Sodemo2
Racer

Sodemo2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why don't one of you crazy chaps do some kind of PR stunt, like stripping outside the houses of parliment, with a huge BTCC banner??
Old 16 Mar 2001, 18:36 (Ref:71736)   #8
fudge
Rookie

fudge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Vauxhall, got a stutter on the t key, just not concentrating properlyy.
Old 16 Mar 2001, 19:18 (Ref:71742)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I remember seeing/hearing TV and radio ads a few years back, specifically a Brands Hatch round as I recall. TV ads are hideously expensive especially at prime-time (I assume you mean during Corrie as Eastenders is on BBC which doesn't show ads).

Oxford based Fox FM have been known to promote races at Silverstone (not just BTCC) with ticket giveaways and the occational outside broadcast. I guess the same is true for other local stations. Remember there will be Vibe FM roadshows at Snetterton and Silverstone.

Not sure if Codemasters would want to licence another TOCA game. The problem is that the licence would effectively limit what they could include. Notice how World Touring Cars, which isn't a TOCA licence (even though everyone referes to it as TOCA3), includes cars and tracks from all over the world.

Last year PowerTour were supposed to be doing a big media campaign, but other than a few adds in Autosport I don't recall seeing anything special.
Old 16 Mar 2001, 20:24 (Ref:71756)   #10
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Theres always an advert on Scottish Tv when the btcc visits.
Old 17 Mar 2001, 10:03 (Ref:71862)   #11
vauxhall
Veteran

The only advert i've seen about the BTCC is the Nissan sorry advert...
Old 17 Mar 2001, 10:05 (Ref:71863)   #12
vauxhall
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by fudge
Sorry Vauxhall, got a stutter on the t key, just not concentrating properlyy.
S'alright you've only got a ''T'' stutter, i carnt spell
Old 17 Mar 2001, 12:06 (Ref:71881)   #13
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by vauxhall
The only advert i've seen about the BTCC is the Nissan sorry advert...
I've seen that too, but the nissan passes in a blur.
Old 17 Mar 2001, 13:01 (Ref:71898)   #14
Eddie_harasym
Veteran

Eddie_harasym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the Volvo TV ad was pretty good after Rydell won in 98 evan if it was a little short lived.
Old 17 Mar 2001, 17:57 (Ref:71963)   #15
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well hopefully soon (within a couple ofyears) the BTCC will once again be booming, the manufacturers will have come back, money will be rolling in, a TV and rado advertising campaign will take plcae, and the cycle continues. (And with it the BTCC becomes morepopular than F1)
Old 17 Mar 2001, 19:39 (Ref:71989)   #16
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
I really think MG/Rover will use the BTCC in there ads (once their winning races of course).
Old 18 Mar 2001, 00:26 (Ref:72078)   #17
knowlesy59
Racer

Wales
WALES
knowlesy59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but why aint there anything in ur national newspapers about btcc.even if it was just 1 colum wif 1 picture,surely some people would read it and then get interested?
Old 18 Mar 2001, 00:32 (Ref:72082)   #18
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The BTCC will promote itself. It has always been an exciting series and teams have pulled out due to the costs from the old series. Teams like Volvo and Honda have suggested they are returning next season anyway so the series will be as big as ever.
Old 19 Mar 2001, 09:44 (Ref:72649)   #19
marc bishop
Rookie

i think the toca games have helped to permote the btcc, and i think they are doing onther toca game,since world t.c. has 14 cars, they could have 14 this time aswell, ( every one plus " mistery driver".......)
Old 19 Mar 2001, 16:38 (Ref:72716)   #20
vauxhall
Veteran

They should be able to run the full amount of cars (36) becasue of the PSX2 (very powerful)

Destruction derby 1 had about 20-24 cars, and that was one of the first games out so i think they could make a game with all 33 entry's!
Old 19 Mar 2001, 17:29 (Ref:72727)   #21
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think the key to marketing the BTCC is video games! A successful series, is important, plus advertising, as well as TV coverage and big crowds are the best ways!
Old 19 Mar 2001, 20:08 (Ref:72808)   #22
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
My best mate never new about touring cars till he bought one of the Toca games last year. He also watched the Macau race on TV and thinks its better than F1!!!
Old 20 Mar 2001, 15:14 (Ref:73038)   #23
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy59
but why aint there anything in ur national newspapers about btcc.even if it was just 1 colum wif 1 picture,surely some people would read it and then get interested?
The trouble is that for the national papers, motorsports=F1, end of story. Anything else doesn't get a look in other than as a footnote- even when national newspapers have actually been sponsors of cars, they haven't given it much coverage, which seems completely barking- you spend money to get your name on a racing car & then don't mention it.....
Old 20 Mar 2001, 15:20 (Ref:73040)   #24
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Sodemo2
Why don't one of you crazy chaps do some kind of PR stunt, like stripping outside the houses of parliment, with a huge BTCC banner??
You mean something like FHM magazine did by projecting a picture of Gail Porter onto the Houses of Parliament?. Hmm, I'm not sure that Jason Plato or Steve Soper would have quite the same effect....
Old 20 Mar 2001, 16:00 (Ref:73046)   #25
Sodemo2
Racer

Sodemo2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK what about one of the Max Power girls, whoops i forgot, Max Power are no longer with the BTCC are they. OK what about one of the Auto Trader girls, whoops again - you get the idea.