Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Dec 2005, 00:58 (Ref:1477048)   #1
wishbone
Racer

wishbone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racetime GONE?

Wispers form the weekend say the Racetime is no longer, Wakefield Park and Racetime have apparenty Parted ways, and a new time keeper has been appointed.

A can remember when he did timing at the most of the tracks no he has none.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 01:40 (Ref:1477070)   #2
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just checked the Natsoft site and the timing info for a few Wakefield Park events. They were either done by LD (Lisa Drayton) Timing or GP Timers. None were done by Racetime. So, if RT is no longer doing timing, it would appear that it's been for some time now.

The last gig that I saw SR/RT at was PI V8s '99. Not sure what he's been doing after that.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 01:44 (Ref:1477071)   #3
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe he is still busy doing timing for all sorts of athletic type events.[triathalons & such]

And maybe horse racing too if my memory serves me correctly.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 04:31 (Ref:1477099)   #4
Racer

Mozambique
Homeless
Guest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe someone should ask storyline, he may know the answer too this??
Old 5 Dec 2005, 04:32 (Ref:1477100)   #5
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racetime was at Wakefield for the AMRS Round 9...... unless that was a ghost I was talking to in the timing room
Old 5 Dec 2005, 04:36 (Ref:1477103)   #6
wishbone
Racer

wishbone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Racetime was at Wakefield for the AMRS Round 9...... unless that was a ghost I was talking to in the timing room
From what i have heard several things happened on that weekend, and as a result it was his last meeting.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 04:37 (Ref:1477104)   #7
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will ask him when I talk to him next - I am aware of what happened at Wakefield - it is basically a two sided story and as he isn't talking publically about it you will only get part of it (and from the few rumours I have heard over the past 2-3 days a very lop-sided story as well).
Old 5 Dec 2005, 06:30 (Ref:1477134)   #8
Silent Number
Racer

Silent Number should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it would be unusuel for rt rn to **** people of
Old 5 Dec 2005, 07:21 (Ref:1477148)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone
From what i have heard several things happened on that weekend, and as a result it was his last meeting.
If it is true, it is very sad, and the end of an era. My suggestion would be to not believe all of what you hear about such an incident.....

Love or hate the guy, the passion for the sport burned bright... so many CAMS stupidities picked up before they happened and made them look dumber than they often do....

Plus the development of a timing software and mechanism that let you delve into the bowels of the timing, and not just look at the end result. Live timing streaming was NOT invented by AVESCO... I was a pilot member of the RaceTime system years before they started charging for it.
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 5 Dec 2005, 07:50 (Ref:1477159)   #10
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Van

I was following Steve coming back from the A1GP...I was going to pull him over to have a chat....however, he dived off the road to answer the phone just before Campbelltown....Iwonder if he did the A1GP timing?
Old 5 Dec 2005, 08:04 (Ref:1477162)   #11
laser
Racer

laser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
so many CAMS stupidities picked up before they happened and made them look dumber than they often do....
Plenty of other mistakes made to balance the ledger though
Quote:
Plus the development of a timing software and mechanism that let you delve into the bowels of the timing, and not just look at the end result. Live timing streaming was NOT invented by AVESCO... I was a pilot member of the RaceTime system years before they started charging for it.
Live timing was NOT invented by RT either, and did RT create the software, or No.1 son ?
Old 5 Dec 2005, 08:46 (Ref:1477178)   #12
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Guess it depends on what you call live timing doesn't it? They ran it for the first time at Sandown in 1994 on the SATCC meeting (we got the TV feed plus the live feed in commentary that meeting). Their live timing, btw, was a screen updated - depending on internet feed - between 1 and 6 seconds after each car crossed the timing line. Plus we were able to change the display to what we wanted not what they wanted us to see.

AFAIK all the software at that point was written by racetime with the internet side written by Rhys Watkins from Perth (before he moved to the dark side and the US).

Why should I remember all this? Probably because they involved quite a few people (call them users) in their design work to ensure it gave what the users wanted not what the circuits wanted (one of the reasons he and Mick Ronke never saw eye to eye btw)
Old 5 Dec 2005, 09:09 (Ref:1477195)   #13
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
I suppose this is what you will se on more and more meetings on his site as well then (this is a recent meeting btw)

Quote:
Error
Meeting does not exist
In preparation for an orderly shutdown of the RaceTime and RaceNews web sites, result data is progressively being moved off the sites and archived. As of November 2005 there are no plans to make this data available on any other web site.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 09:11 (Ref:1477196)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I dont remember what year it was (old and decrepit is me...) but I can recall vividly being able to use the live timing service online, and when the race was over, recall it and rerun the race over and over again... on an old P2 low RAM hunka junk (must have been mid 1990s...)
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 5 Dec 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1477208)   #15
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He does a lot of Vic club events too.
Old 5 Dec 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1477335)   #16
Racer

Mozambique
Homeless
Guest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking around Timetronics has the market cornered, he must be doing something right!
Old 5 Dec 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1477704)   #17
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't Timetronics, Mr Ian Leech ??

Of just about every racetrack everywhere (& lives in Bendigo) Fame........
Old 6 Dec 2005, 08:55 (Ref:1478062)   #18
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I dont remember what year it was (old and decrepit is me...) but I can recall vividly being able to use the live timing service online, and when the race was over, recall it and rerun the race over and over again... on an old P2 low RAM hunka junk (must have been mid 1990s...)
It wasn't his Raceview service, was it? That used to be a form of live timing that was web based, if I recall correctly.

What's he going to do if he's shutting up shop?