Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Apr 2006, 07:00 (Ref:1588347)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brands GP circuit race for FIA pre 66 tin tops

20th June Carol Spagg has 2 25 min races supporting the WTC event. Priority is for sub 2 litre pre 66 tin tops but she will open to GT's as well. If it is well supported she might have another race on 30 June supporting DTM.

Downside is that it clashes with HSCC 40th Anniversary but given they have only got the International circuit rather than the GP I have decided to go with Carol
Old 19 Apr 2006, 07:18 (Ref:1588354)   #2
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Simon. We've heard about this too as rumour had it that Carol may be opening it up to the big bangers too. However we've already entered Silverstone with the Griff and Fulvia so are already committed. Would also be a shame to miss the 40th anniversary celebrations. I also thought the HSCC were on the National circuit not even the International but stand to be corrected, so I can see why people may be more interested on racing on the GP at Brands. If there's any news on the DTM race, please keep us all advised.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 07:33 (Ref:1588363)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
the WTCC support race looks really good, pity my bank manager doesn't agree.

one would hope the weather will have washed the mud off the circuit by then as no one else seems to have bothered !
Old 19 Apr 2006, 07:49 (Ref:1588377)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes you are right Louise, basically priority is given to sub 2 litre but at the end of teh day she wants to fill the grid to increase the chances for teh DTM race. FIA cars only and she is strict so dodgy gearboxes will be pulled!!

I though the entry foem said Int well if its National then no contest. Bit sad really that HSCC couldnt dig a bit deeper in their pocket and do the GP circuit. Bit like Graham White doing the support race for the GP and making it non eligible for virtually all his members regular cras by making the min engine size 2 litres thereby knocking out the twin cam sportsracers....
As Castle Combe's cloth Cap showed they can race competitively with teh GT40's
Old 19 Apr 2006, 09:21 (Ref:1588445)   #5
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I say Simon, I could be wrong re the National circuit - if anyone knows anything different please say.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 11:04 (Ref:1588535)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

Louise if you are nimble afoot you could do both - Carol has a race Sat and Sun so plan it so one of you are up at Silverstone and the other at Brands!! That way the whole stable can stretch their legs over the weekend!