Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Sep 2006, 07:12 (Ref:1721765)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
South Korean Grand Prix?

Motorsport News here in Australia has claimed that the announcement of a South Korean F1 GP will be announced the day after Shanghai.

Any truths to the rumour? Where would you like to see it held? Your thoughts?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 28 Sep 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1721975)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems that F1 is heading fast and steady to the east venues...
Old 28 Sep 2006, 12:02 (Ref:1721977)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was there not supposed to be a Champ Car race there? I'm assumung a new track is being built, rather than using a street course.
Old 28 Sep 2006, 14:50 (Ref:1722123)   #4
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Any information on the track ? Is it designed by Tilke ? Can it be seen on Google Earth ? Is it near Seoul or further south ?
Old 28 Sep 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1722350)   #5
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to admit that I am slightly cyncial about a South Korean Grand Prix - after all rumours of such a race have been around for quite some time. That said, there is a definite trend to new venues, so it must be a realistic possibility.
Old 28 Sep 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1722361)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
China, Japan, Malaysia and now South Corea.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 01:48 (Ref:1722541)   #7
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We can supposedly expect them to start racing there from 2010...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 29 Sep 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1722910)   #8
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
China, Japan, Malaysia and now South Corea.
As the economic climate of the Chinese changes, the potential for manufacturers to sell cars there will easily outpace the Amercian and European markets. Same goes for India. They can't get in there fast enough.

Team Hyundai!
Old 29 Sep 2006, 12:23 (Ref:1722919)   #9
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely, a growing economy will always buy more cars than a stable one - sales of new cars in Europe and America are only equivalent to the wear on existing ones, not the whole new demand of more people being able to afford it.

A shame if it means another characterless Tilke design though.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 15:58 (Ref:1723154)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

It will be Tilke for sure.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 17:52 (Ref:1723244)   #11
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are they going to add more races to the schedule or take races away from others? (Silverstone or Indy?)
Old 29 Sep 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1723248)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

More likely to substitute european races for those...
Old 29 Sep 2006, 23:03 (Ref:1723386)   #13
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil22
Are they going to add more races to the schedule or take races away from others? (Silverstone or Indy?)
I think the teams and the FIA and such have agreed to no more than 20 rounds in a year.