Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Nov 2006, 02:23 (Ref:1776311)   #1
Caltex Racing
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Caltex Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can TKR Make $400,000???

Yes or No

They have made only $320,000.

$80,000 to go.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 02:29 (Ref:1776314)   #2
Caltex Racing
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Caltex Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The Team Kiwi V8 Supercar team looks set to be safe for 2007!!!!!

Team Kiwi Racing had a hard month on the road they've raised around $320,000.

I think there will be a mad dash over the next three days as they need to make their final commitment to purchase on December 1.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 02:40 (Ref:1776320)   #3
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, i bet there is money already found, but it is being kept quiet so the public pours a bit more into the litty.

They will be on the grid next year in a Ford.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 03:15 (Ref:1776343)   #4
Azza500
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
New Zealand
Azza500 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
lets hope so as its their best chance at consistant top tens
Old 28 Nov 2006, 03:35 (Ref:1776347)   #5
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely there us $80000 in salvageable gear from the Commodore which can be sold..the engine, gearbox and wheels must be worth that and more!
Old 28 Nov 2006, 03:40 (Ref:1776350)   #6
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do the donations work? Do you get to put your signature on the cars livery or a share of the business or a hat?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 05:24 (Ref:1776359)   #7
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
How do the donations work? Do you get to put your signature on the cars livery or a share of the business or a hat?
You may not believe me, but they are selling $ 20 raffle tickets!

1st prize is a trip to the Clipsal...
Old 28 Nov 2006, 05:40 (Ref:1776362)   #8
Mr Intolerant
Rookie

Australia
Under your momma's bed!
Mr Intolerant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMr Intolerant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Timu]You may not believe me, but they are selling $ 20 raffle tickets! QUOTE]

Hang on this will do me. A private for profit (just unsuccessfully) organisation getting a permit for a game of chance to fleece some kiwi's. Where has the high fallootin' position of accepting donations gone?

Has the 12.5% GST been paid on these "donations" or "tickets"? or will there be a new campaign to pay TKR's tax bill?

Whilst I am at it, whats the income tax rate for coy's back home at the moment? Will TKR now have to pay tax on the income as they turn the revenue into a capital item?

Maybe there are some preloved tax losses lying around that can be used....

Maybe they are just pulling the wool over NZ'ders eyes.

If I want your opinion I will beat it out of you.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 05:51 (Ref:1776367)   #9
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully TKR can/have made the $400,000 mark. If not, that's life.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 28 Nov 2006, 07:19 (Ref:1776388)   #10
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who cares - it sets a terrible precedent and is an appalling way to run a business. Are QLD'ers expected to now fund DJR to save them?

From what The Rat said pre Bahrain the funding is pretty much sorted and we will see him in the FPR/TKR Falcon come the Clipsal 500.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 08:38 (Ref:1776421)   #11
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hopefully TKR can get the funds and make the grid next year.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 09:11 (Ref:1776443)   #12
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Who cares if TKR have to rob a bank,as long as their on the grid keeps a bit of Kiwi interest up.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 09:48 (Ref:1776473)   #13
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookleft
Who cares - it sets a terrible precedent and is an appalling way to run a business. Are QLD'ers expected to now fund DJR to save them?

That's already happened once - in 1980. Donate or don't donate. How is raising money by asking for donations any better or worse than being sponsored by an insolvent property developer, a credit card that never eventuated (nor did the money) or even a substance that's harmful and leads to crime - alcohol?

And don't forget there have been cars sponsored by brothels - was there a moral backlash at that?

Meh.

Live and let live.

Kramer
Old 28 Nov 2006, 20:18 (Ref:1776926)   #14
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Already been done....
Old 29 Nov 2006, 01:54 (Ref:1777085)   #15
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Solution lies with Chris Pither and the Kanga Money.
Old 29 Nov 2006, 12:23 (Ref:1777718)   #16
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
rock incident donations for a new car for DJ,can't the same thing happen twice can't see why not.
Old 29 Nov 2006, 12:42 (Ref:1777732)   #17
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Except back then Johnson didn't need half as much as TKR want now... I don't even think he needed a quarter of what TKR need... Correct me if I'm wrong...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 29 Nov 2006, 12:51 (Ref:1777739)   #18
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
$80,000 was what DJ needed,but you have to think back interms of money difference what seems like not much to us was a lot back then,and 80,000 then would be like $400,000 now (correct me if i'm wrong due to not being around then but talking to people who were seem to think somewhere in that ballpark).
Old 29 Nov 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1777766)   #19
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree but the major difference is Johnson didn't ASK for it. Sure, he accepted it with some humility, unlike the spin that was run by TKR.

As for dodgy businesses and brothels - I don't have any problem with a legit company burning their money up in motorsport. A proper sponsor performs some kind of analysis (one would hope) on the exposure they gain, the team spends the money, it is a "proper" transaction. Begging for money from the public on the basis of questionable information is an entirely different matter.

If the FPR/TKR car turns out to maintain the pace we have seen this year does the unplanned prize money go back to charity?
Old 29 Nov 2006, 21:13 (Ref:1778077)   #20
r8hsv
Rookie

New Zealand
mighty waikato
r8hsv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at the end of the day mr johns came out and asked for public help ,if the public wants to use their "OWN" money to donate to help keep them in the game,buy merchandise to help or do what ever they can then so bloody what.....GET OVER IT!
Old 29 Nov 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1778136)   #21
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well said r8hsv

what business is it of ours how they get the money ...good to see them fighting to stay alive and no doubt at some stage they will give all their fans the thankyou they deserve.
Old 29 Nov 2006, 23:10 (Ref:1778162)   #22
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
did I hear they were switching back to Ford next season?
Old 30 Nov 2006, 00:24 (Ref:1778206)   #23
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
You're quick.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 03:38 (Ref:1778251)   #24
Forbesy
Racer

Forbesy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I agree but the major difference is Johnson didn't ASK for it. Sure, he accepted it with some humility, unlike the spin that was run by TKR.

As for dodgy businesses and brothels - I don't have any problem with a legit company burning their money up in motorsport. A proper sponsor performs some kind of analysis (one would hope) on the exposure they gain, the team spends the money, it is a "proper" transaction. Begging for money from the public on the basis of questionable information is an entirely different matter.

If the FPR/TKR car turns out to maintain the pace we have seen this year does the unplanned prize money go back to charity?
Could not agree more. Well said.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 05:01 (Ref:1778274)   #25
mctshirt
Racer

New Zealand
The Land Of The Long Wide Bum
mctshirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I agree...TKR sponsors know their market and measure the exposure granted by placing their name over a V8 Supercar. What i don't like is people putting money in the bucket that otherwise might have been spent buying a Dean Perkins or Angus Fogg t-shirt or a Johnny Mac Racing or Daniel Gaunt sticker or cap or whatever merchandise they sell to survive in motorsport here. Equally the money going in the bucket may have bought a local motorsport magazine for an interested punter keeping the national coverage of motorsport going another month or any number of local sponsor products to reward their faith in local motorsport sponsorship.

Thats my take on it BUT I have to have a grudging admiration for David John because he fronted up personally (in Masterton at least) to hold the bucket. At least he didn't pass the task onto a minion and is humble enough to do it himself.

Now they've done it I hope they make it because it certainly sounds like a great deal more support from Ford (Holden took their support vehicles back off TKR and Ford came to the party for the crashed car tour) and the Bright car is a proven winner.

Last edited by mctshirt; 30 Nov 2006 at 05:10.