Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Apr 2007, 09:32 (Ref:1885338)   #1
M-Power
Rookie

Germany
Hannover, Germany
M-Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which track is good for visit a STCC race?

I will visit with some friends a stcc race this year. Unfortunately i have no informations about a good track where you can see a lot from your seat. I mean is there a track like a stadium form (valencia and oschersleben..)?
This trip will also be our holidays for this year. After or before the race we will make a sightseeing trip. Which track is the best for these plans?
Old 7 Apr 2007, 10:53 (Ref:1885374)   #2
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Knutstorp is wonderful. If you sit on the spectating hill (basically a somewhat steep hill next to the start/finish straight, like this: \_) you see 95% of the track, you're close to the paddock/pits and you don't have to pay for any seats (be sure to bring something to sit on though)! I've went to Knutstorp for the last ~4 years and it has been great each time. And now the entry costs only 20 euros per person, so you get away with it cheap

Dates: 6th of May, 2nd of September

Image of the hill:

Map:
http://kartor.eniro.se/query?what=map&mop=mc&streetname=motorbana&streetnumber=&city=svalv&zipcode=&mapstate=5;1332055;6209 899;0;1329965;6212092;1334149;6207708;&mapcomp=;;;Motorbana;;;;Svalv+kommun;;;;;1332055.0;6209899.0; 0;0&search_word=&where=&heading_exact=&heading=&heading_group=&company_name=&dir_area=&geo_area=&dis trict_code=&ns=&stq=0&symbols=&ax=&pis=&map.x=189&map.y=187]Map

Last edited by Jimmy Magnusson; 7 Apr 2007 at 11:03.
Old 7 Apr 2007, 10:54 (Ref:1885375)   #3
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess either Knutstorp or Sturup would be your choise.

At Knutstorp you can see the entire track (except for one corner) from the hill beside the start/finish-straight. Two races there this season, May 6:th and September 2:nd.

Sturup is new for this season, but is very short and from the stands you can see almost all corners. Also there is an airport 2 kilometers from the track. Two races at this track as well, the premiere on April 22:nd and the penultimate race on September 16:th.

Falkenberg is quite good as well, one race is held there in the middle of the summer. Always a nice atmospehere there with a short and very fast track.

Make your pick
Old 7 Apr 2007, 21:42 (Ref:1885679)   #4
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner
Falkenberg is quite good as well, one race is held there in the middle of the summer. Always a nice atmospehere there with a short and very fast track.
I'd defenitly reccomend this one, one of the very best tracks in Sweden (extremly fast), and always has great, hard and close racing, wich Knutstorp not always produce. And you can see almost the whole track from the grand stands. And the event itself is always great, good organisers and its in the middle of the summer too. I'll defenitly be there this summer again (even tho I live some 400km away), and also planing on doing to another race too, havent decided wich one yet tho, but most likely it will be the first Mantorp race.
Old 7 Apr 2007, 23:07 (Ref:1885737)   #5
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1
I'd defenitly reccomend this one, one of the very best tracks in Sweden (extremly fast), and always has great, hard and close racing, wich Knutstorp not always produce. And you can see almost the whole track from the grand stands. And the event itself is always great, good organisers and its in the middle of the summer too. I'll defenitly be there this summer again (even tho I live some 400km away), and also planing on doing to another race too, havent decided wich one yet tho, but most likely it will be the first Mantorp race.
Heh. I never managed to do Falkenberg more than once (2001), but I didn't get the impression that you saw terribly much (compared to Knutstorp)? And of course I got soaked in rain despite the race being in the middle of the summer.
Old 8 Apr 2007, 12:14 (Ref:1886338)   #6
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
Heh. I never managed to do Falkenberg more than once (2001), but I didn't get the impression that you saw terribly much (compared to Knutstorp)? And of course I got soaked in rain despite the race being in the middle of the summer.
Well, depends on, its hard to see to other side of the track, but from the grandstands its very much possible, I think I calculated last time I was there that I saw 30 sec of the lap wich lasts about 45-50 sec, its really only one corner that is hidden behind a hill.

Oh, and did I say the best argument why to go to Falkenberg is that its the only track located on the west coast!