Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 9 Sep 2007, 21:57 (Ref:2007992)   #1
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Dario Franchitti 2007 IRL Champion

Yes!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for Dario - Great racing driver and one of the class acts in all of motorsport -- Not to take anything away from Scott Dixon -- Also a great driver and class act - But this was Dario's year! Congrads Dario!!!!!!
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:00 (Ref:2007994)   #2
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:11 (Ref:2008004)   #3
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice win Dario, well done.

Dixie my heart goes out to you bud, nice try
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:13 (Ref:2008007)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dixon can feel mightly chuffed too. You can't fault him, he came mightly close.

Well done, Dario. Champion.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:18 (Ref:2008014)   #5
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Now that I've got that our my system (not really) I can say congrats to ol' Dario. He is well deserving of the championship this year. I'm especially pleased to see a pre-2000 CART boy win the Indy Car title. I suppose now that he's got a 500 win and a championship he can bugger off to NASCAR (don't forget to bring Ashley!) Did anyone else find her to be excruciatingly painful to listen to after today and the 500? Dixon can win the rest of the Indy Car championships from now on as far as I'm concerned, he is a terrific driver and perhaps I'll be in his cheering section now that Dario (presumably) is gone. This was a very exciting race, and despite a few comments from my Dad claiming that oval racing isn't racing, there wasn't a downer moment for 199 laps. The downer has to be that Dixon lost it on fuel.

Chris
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:21 (Ref:2008020)   #6
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dario - I remember those rainy days back in the early 90s at various tracks in the UK - FF, FVL, F3. I remember that F1 test at Silverstone in 2000. Then I came to Indy this year and saw you win!! Now this - amazing. This picture I took at Indy this year says it all;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul69/1352665838/

I've already cracked open the Canadian Club - well done man! And bad luck but very well done also to Scott.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:23 (Ref:2008021)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a race, I thought it was all gone for Dario when the white flag came out.

Well done Dario !
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:23 (Ref:2008023)   #8
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was a great win - good it was a close fight between them, even got themselves a lap ahead of everyone!

But as we saw, Dario was better on the mpg, and won through with a good bit of strategy, when the last lap lunge at the green flag didn't work.
Old 9 Sep 2007, 22:31 (Ref:2008027)   #9
OpenWheel4ever
Racer

European Union
OpenWheel4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Done Dario! You're My Fave I Will Miss You So Much!!!!!

I Wish You All The Best Next Year!!!
Old 9 Sep 2007, 23:03 (Ref:2008054)   #10
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I shouted yes yes yes yes!!! when it happened. I couldn't believe it. I guess for us fans that followed him in CART when he came close it's great to see him finally do it.

I do feel sorry for Dixon but that's racing...
Old 9 Sep 2007, 23:11 (Ref:2008063)   #11
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 9 Sep 2007, 23:12 (Ref:2008066)   #12
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And sorry NAC. And other big Dixon fans... At the last turn it was cruel.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 00:09 (Ref:2008090)   #13
Michael Edick
Racer

United States
Pine Grove, CA
Michael Edick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not to take anything away from Dario, as I've been cheering him on for years, but Danica's little spin right there at the end sure smells fishy to me, just like Herta's little spin last year at Infineon to help his teammate who was low on fuel...

even from Danica's on board camera as she approached pit in, it sounded to me as if she goosed the throttle just a tad before the spin, not during...

call me a cynic, but that's just my opinion...

and L.H. Oswald didn't act alone...
Old 10 Sep 2007, 00:44 (Ref:2008103)   #14
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! I suppose now that he's got a 500 win and a championship he can bugger off to NASCAR (don't forget to bring Ashley!) Did anyone else find her to be excruciatingly painful to listen to after today and the 500?
Chris
Couldn't have put it better myself! Well done to Dario, he is a gentleman and a nice guy, but she is just plain embarrassing!!!!
Disappointed for Scott in a big way, I was on the edge of my seat the last 50 laps, and thought he had it in the bag when the white flag was waved. But as they say in racing "It aint over 'til its over!.............."
Old 10 Sep 2007, 00:55 (Ref:2008108)   #15
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Congrats Dario! Great guy and a good shoe. Glad he was able to cap his open wheel career with the Championship.

Gotta disagree on Danica's spin - she came in too hot and paid for it. I got the impression that she tried to bring it all the way around (or thought about it) but in any event, the person it really would have benefited most was Dixon as Dario had plenty of fuel left, apparently.

But both are class acts and it was good to see them fighting it out on track rather than simply trying to clinch by finishing no lower than 16th or something.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 03:11 (Ref:2008132)   #16
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
And sorry NAC. And other big Dixon fans... At the last turn it was cruel.
Thanks Luke. I had my head between my knees, could not believe it. Wasn't it great that we had an awesome fight right up to the very last lap (just like last year). Well done to Dario for getting the championship, if Scott had to lose it to someone I dont mind it was Dario, he was quietly my second pic but I didn't want to tell you all that (staying true to Dixie up till the end). Both these boys can be mighty proud for a great season.

JohnSSC Dario also ran out of fuel after crossing the line, I think if Danica had not spun both Dario and Dixon would have had to do a splash and dash, would not have really mattered where they finished as they were only battling each other. I have not seen Danica's spin so can't comment on that this is just more about the what if she hadn't.

Last edited by NAC; 10 Sep 2007 at 03:17.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 06:27 (Ref:2008173)   #17
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Really proud of the way Scott handled himself in the post race interview- he "took it on the chin" like a man.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 07:42 (Ref:2008199)   #18
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congratulations to Dario and what a year he has had. Great days racing with the closest finish ever in the IPS race as well.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 09:44 (Ref:2008305)   #19
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I think Dario stalled. As they gave him a rope tow, he restarted and drove into the pits under power.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 09:45 (Ref:2008306)   #20
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that capped off a super exciting season of IRL racing, didn't it. Awesome year had by both Dario F & Scott D, perhap it was fitting it was decided at the 2nd to last corner of the season between the pair, who were both humble in victory and defeat through out the year.
Bad luck Scott, and well done Dario. Your both champion drivers.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 09:57 (Ref:2008316)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The spin is covered adequately in the appropriate race thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=99857&page=3
Old 10 Sep 2007, 10:57 (Ref:2008374)   #22
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dammit guys can we please not post spoilers in thread titles? I just read this thread from the front page so now I know the result of the title chase...
Old 10 Sep 2007, 11:25 (Ref:2008414)   #23
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
congrats to dario, great year for him - indy 500 champion & irl champion

comiserations to scotty dixon, so close, yet so far
Old 10 Sep 2007, 17:57 (Ref:2008690)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Top stuff. The culmination of over a decades racing in America.

Now to chase the Cup.
Old 10 Sep 2007, 17:57 (Ref:2008691)   #25
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
arrghh! WOOOOOOOOOOOO! QUAAALIIITIIIEEEE MAAATE!!!!!

and i was the one who said 'its over dudes' on the chat when the yellow flags came out......