Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Sep 2003, 17:26 (Ref:705841)   #1
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Ralf in Big Shunt

Autosport is reporting that Ralf Schumacher is in the medical centre a Monza after a big shunt involving the car somersalting!

I hope he is OK
Old 2 Sep 2003, 17:27 (Ref:705842)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds nasty, you can't really have small shunts at Monza.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 17:31 (Ref:705844)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's fine.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 17:40 (Ref:705854)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apparently it happened at Lesmo 1 http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=24438&s=5
Old 2 Sep 2003, 17:43 (Ref:705857)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Autosport make it sound nasty,though i just read on f1-live that he is not seriously hurt,so that is good news
Old 2 Sep 2003, 17:59 (Ref:705881)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Forgot to add this.... the safety of f1 cars is incredible these days because Ralf's car somersalted a few times ,according to autosport ,and he didnt suffer any major injuries.hope he gets well soon!!

Last edited by ralf fan; 2 Sep 2003 at 18:03.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 18:04 (Ref:705886)   #7
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Planet F1 say he is OK but has been taken to Milan Hospital, and Michael is with him.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 18:11 (Ref:705897)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
So this is in addition to his car catching on fire? What a day!
Old 2 Sep 2003, 18:27 (Ref:705914)   #9
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he is fine.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 21:15 (Ref:706117)   #10
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I seen in a picture where the car had a cover, the rollbar and camera were intact, and the car was lacking the rear wing and the left rear tyre.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 23:25 (Ref:706254)   #11
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rough... luckily it sounds like he's ok. I don't know...I keep hearing (and seeing) about these awful crashes in F1, have to think we've been very lucky lately.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 2 Sep 2003, 23:34 (Ref:706259)   #12
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why does nobody film the testing??

I've lost count now the amount of incedents and happenings we've missed in testing, especially the big Monza test before the race....always eventful!

Anyway, the main thing is, Ralf is fine....
Old 2 Sep 2003, 23:50 (Ref:706273)   #13
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He will racing next week let's hope it wont effect his recent pace
Old 3 Sep 2003, 06:11 (Ref:706401)   #14
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do we know he will be racing?

Ralph Firman may still be in doubt at Monaza, which is three weeks between his accident and the race.

Ralf Schumacher's is about 1.5 weeks between his crash and a race.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 06:50 (Ref:706427)   #15
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Twig - Williams don't need to delay Ralf's recovery because they have a sluggish wealthy driver to replace a, erm, sluggish wealthy driver like EJ does.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 06:51 (Ref:706429)   #16
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a 'don't' missing from the above post. (It is very early in the morning!)
Old 3 Sep 2003, 09:01 (Ref:706547)   #17
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the reports i've read i think Ralf will be fine to race at Monza, another testimony of modern racing cars strength.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 09:19 (Ref:706570)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's the third off Ralf's had in little over a month, and, as far as we know, they are all his fault. Doesn't strike me as championship form. At least he's okay.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 12:44 (Ref:706864)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which are the other two offs?
Old 3 Sep 2003, 12:56 (Ref:706884)   #20
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah lets see.... I can see a Ralf bashing thread coming on.

Oh yeah, he went off the road in a practice session at Brazil this year, he went off in Spain, Hungary, spun at Australia, Austria in Q1 and in the race, Monaco, and oh yeah, back in 99 whilst in the lead at Europe, geez he is pathetic!
Old 3 Sep 2003, 12:58 (Ref:706892)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Being as there's been no testing I can only think of this one and that in the Hungarian race. Hopefully Boots will advise us of the other one which makes up the three. And no doubt there's more because he is after all useless.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 13:00 (Ref:706898)   #22
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would love to see Gene get a race in the Willy FW25
Old 3 Sep 2003, 15:06 (Ref:707031)   #23
Cobra
Racer

Cobra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is not out of the question for Marc Gene to be getting his chance.
I was just reading that Ralf has been flown home with that concussion and providing he is well rested and fit he SHOULD be fit to race in Italy.
Meanwhile Marc Gene is taking the wheel for the completion of testing...
Another chance that he may have, even though it is an even slimmer one is that with JPMs manager taking williams to court to get him released from his contract at the end of the season, BMW and Williams may feel that his heart is not in it enough to trust him and sideline him out of anger.
Fat chance yeah but you never know what these court cases will turn people into...

Last edited by Cobra; 3 Sep 2003 at 15:11.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 16:21 (Ref:707101)   #24
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The German race was only 4 1/2 weeks ago, that's basically a month.

I didn't intend to bash Ralf, and I apologise for that, and take repsonisbility for any bashing that follows. Ral'f is certainly not 'useless' or 'pathetic', I never said that - I'm sure that Gene will be slower and provide much less feedback than Ralf.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 18:00 (Ref:707215)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
S'ok boots. As far as I know a month is a calendar month. 4 1/2 weeks could be considered a month and as we know he was blamed for the German thing but others were implicated.

Bloody useless is what I say.