View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2021, 02:53 (Ref:4087623)   #513
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Although, regretfully, if my memory is correct, he didn't get that penalty for taking out Damon Hill in a previous season.
No there was never a penalty issued. ISTR reading that it was never taken further because SFW and PH did not want to have the driver's title decided in a court room out of respect to the loss of Senna earlier that year in their car. They had also already won the (to them) more important Constructors title. Because Williams were not prepared to officially protest MS the FIA took it no further.
Happy to be corrected but that is my memory with reading back after the event and retrospective team comments.

Edit: OK, curiosity re was my memory correct had me go online to see if I could find something to reassure me / my memory. I did not find the article I remember reading, but I did find one saying basically the same. it seems it was indeed a retrospective (maybe years later)interview with (S)PH. Link follows: https://rec.autos.sport.f1.narkive.c...heated-in-1994

Last edited by E.B; 8 Dec 2021 at 03:04. Reason: added link to article relating