View Single Post
Old 27 May 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4053588)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Interesting to see that the previous version of this poll (from nearly 20 years ago!) voted Senna as the greatest. I wonder if we will have the same opinion 20 years later.
For some interesting comparisons:

20 years ago:
1-Senna
2-Clark
3-Schumacher

Alternative 20 years ago:
1-Senna
2-Fangio
3-Schumacher

GOAT 2021:
1-Senna
2-Hamilton
3-Schumacher

The consistent winner is Senna, and Hamilton is the latest challenger.
Schumacher has appeared a few times, and the rest seem to be split between Fangio and Clark.

What will the 2041 GOAT discussion look like? Will Senna's rating decline with time like Fangio's appears to have done.

Outside of Hamilton, who on the current grid is a future GOAT contender?