Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Jan 2006, 23:25 (Ref:1497039)   #1
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marko Martin retirement?

Very sad, but understandable.

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...d=4&nid=123753
Old 7 Jan 2006, 23:39 (Ref:1497044)   #2
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think after such a bad experience, the guilt associated with Michael Park's death, may have resulted in that competitive spark just not being there, or alternative tinged with guilt. Perfectly understandable.

I like Markko, from what I've seen of rallying - he impressed me with his personality, and his driving - but, after such a tragic event - he'd have a job putting 'Beefs' untimely death at the back of his mind.

I wouldn't blame him if he retired, I think he's a lovely bloke - and he should consider his options. All I can say is good luck Markko, and I read on WRC.com today that he'll be running Subaru Imprezza's in the Estonian Championship as team boss. So, best of luck Markko.

PAUL
Old 8 Jan 2006, 08:54 (Ref:1497161)   #3
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He also stated that after 2006 he would have retired from big rallying anyway. He said that at the age of 30, a man should be grown up and not do stupid things like rallying..
Old 8 Jan 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1497455)   #4
TWIGLET
Racer

TWIGLET should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't it also Marko who was in the car with Richard Burns when Richard first passed out? Which was the first indication of the disease that led to his, also, untimely death. Also this year.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1497463)   #5
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think so, yes - he ended up driving the car after Richard Burns passed out IIRC.
Old 8 Jan 2006, 22:58 (Ref:1497531)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thats true, i think they were on the M4 in Richards Porsche at the time!
Sad for Markko and I wonder what he would have done if Beef had still been with us.
But I think he is very brave actually to do this, he doesnt need the money and he must find it very difficult to get into a WRC car again knowing what happened. I think it is a very gracious thing to do.
Plus you never know the habit might not die yet and all that being around the scene might get him back into something a little less intense