Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 May 2008, 05:04 (Ref:2197331)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TKR show up!

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/content...at_barbagallo/

good on'em this team despite being kicked time and time again while down they still keep turning up and doing the sport they love.
Old 9 May 2008, 05:16 (Ref:2197333)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fabulous use of phraseology by Mr Edwards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Edwards
While recent newspaper and motor sport magazine reports inferred Team Kiwi's Falcon had been impounded before the start of this weekend's round, the car was in its garage in the pit area at Barbagallo on Friday morning
If you think this thru logically, can a car not be impounded and still have arrived at Barbagallo?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 May 2008, 05:17 (Ref:2197334)   #3
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.v8supercar.com.au/content...at_barbagallo/

When will Mr Johns learn that such statements.........only serve to inflame those of us who know the truth.........The truth is that Triple 888 did not release the TKR car until their account was settled in full.

Obviously that happened by Tuesday of this week.........Which allowed the crew to pick up the car, and head for Perth.

The car arrived in Perth late yesterday afternoon.........Which under normal circumstances would have been no issue.........The problem was, when it arrived, the crew still had to fix the damage from the Hamilton Steet race ......Long hours overnight resulted in the car being repaired as best they could under the circumstances.....I.E. in a manner that the crew would do if the damage occured between races.

If, as Mr John alledges that every thing is 'rosy in the garden' why was it not made good before it left for Perth.

The old saying: "that you can fool some of the people all of the time but you cant fool all of the people all of the time" still holds true.

DO NOT POST FULL PRESS RELEASES

Last edited by marcus; 9 May 2008 at 06:48.
Old 9 May 2008, 05:27 (Ref:2197338)   #4
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
V8's rule, am I to take it that you (and also Kane I presume) are becoming somewhat concerned at what all these events may be having on Kanes career?

As a renowned supporter of his it must concern you.
Old 9 May 2008, 05:40 (Ref:2197347)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can recall when Murray Carter was scheduled to debut his Sierra many many moons ago... that he was in transit to a race meeting interstate and got caught up in a truck driver's strike.

Ever the opportunist, legend goes that Mr Carter's car came out to continue the preparation, with all that unused labour sitting in trucks and awaiting further instructions.....

If the TKR team is preparing the car now, untouched from Hamilton, you would imagine it will start behind the 8-ball for the weekend in terms of both set up and preparation time..... kinda like Mr Carter all those years ago...
Old 9 May 2008, 05:49 (Ref:2197353)   #6
V8's rule
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle
V8's rule, am I to take it that you (and also Kane I presume) are becoming somewhat concerned at what all these events may be having on Kanes career?

As a renowned supporter of his it must concern you.

sizzle........Absolutely..........Its so easy to blame the driver.........Most drivers can only excel if they have confidence in the car........Scooter is no exception to the rule.

Old 9 May 2008, 05:50 (Ref:2197356)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
wow so much speculation, but its there contrary to reports. We know TKR are tight with money, have for many years, im not sure why we feel the ned to drag them through the mud. clearly too many big brother watchers on this forum
Old 9 May 2008, 06:33 (Ref:2197380)   #8
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
wow so much speculation, but its there contrary to reports. We know TKR are tight with money, have for many years, im not sure why we feel the ned to drag them through the mud. clearly too many big brother watchers on this forum
Here you are again, sadly the way DJ blames the media and does his PR spin may fool some... if not most of the TKR fans.

The fact is you will not here the truth from DJ. It must be frustrating for everyone involved with the team as not knowing what will happen this or the next week. That was why a few walked during Hamilton as you could see by the one man wheel changes.
Old 9 May 2008, 06:42 (Ref:2197383)   #9
panel damage
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
panel damage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had no doubt at all that they'd be there.
Old 9 May 2008, 07:28 (Ref:2197409)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Does the creation of drama over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... again.. a media ploy to attempt to tickle interest in the team... ?
Old 9 May 2008, 07:29 (Ref:2197410)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I can recall when Murray Carter was scheduled to debut his Sierra many many moons ago... that he was in transit to a race meeting interstate and got caught up in a truck driver's strike.

Ever the opportunist, legend goes that Mr Carter's car came out to continue the preparation, with all that unused labour sitting in trucks and awaiting further instructions.....

If the TKR team is preparing the car now, untouched from Hamilton, you would imagine it will start behind the 8-ball for the weekend in terms of both set up and preparation time..... kinda like Mr Carter all those years ago...
Phenomenal practice results Here and Here
Old 9 May 2008, 07:47 (Ref:2197419)   #12
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least they missed the cut off......just!
Old 9 May 2008, 11:32 (Ref:2197529)   #13
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ
That was why a few walked during Hamilton as you could see by the one man wheel changes.

Nope, that's been normal operandi for every round this year. There were a couple of the team noticeably absent in Hamilton though.
Old 10 May 2008, 06:44 (Ref:2198006)   #14
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something's not right... Qualifing over a second slower than the next slowest car.... that's a big gap.
Old 10 May 2008, 06:49 (Ref:2198011)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli
Something's not right... Qualifing over a second slower than the next slowest car.... that's a big gap.
Mr Scott went off in the qualifying session, and beached the car in the sand. I presume the team couldnt turn the car around to get more laps out of it.
Old 10 May 2008, 07:14 (Ref:2198020)   #16
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Nope, that's been normal operandi for every round this year. There were a couple of the team noticeably absent in Hamilton though.
That would be because they walked. They were there at the start then left.
Old 10 May 2008, 07:20 (Ref:2198025)   #17
V8's rule
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Mr Scott went off in the qualifying session, and beached the car in the sand. I presume the team couldnt turn the car around to get more laps out of it.

GTR.......unfortunately no.........However he did keep it on the island to finish 23rd.........A best time of 58.45 was not to shabby........Only a second away from Frostys best time.

Old 10 May 2008, 07:29 (Ref:2198028)   #18
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8's rule
GTR.......unfortunately no.........However he did keep it on the island to finish 23rd.........A best time of 58.45 was not to shabby........Only a second away from Frostys best time.
The only car slower was Thompson's wounded car. I've never before seen someone describe last as 'not too shabby'.
Old 10 May 2008, 08:16 (Ref:2198059)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore
The only car slower was Thompson's wounded car. I've never before seen someone describe last as 'not too shabby'.
Better than having a car sitting in a shed in Queensland gathering dust
Old 10 May 2008, 08:16 (Ref:2198061)   #20
DJJ
Racer

Quote:

You should know better, being 1 second away in a fastest lap means nothing. What were the laps prior consistent or 2-3 seconds off.

Consistent laps in a race count, not the fastest.
Old 10 May 2008, 09:29 (Ref:2198092)   #21
V8's rule
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ
You should know better, being 1 second away in a fastest lap means nothing. What were the laps prior consistent or 2-3 seconds off.

Consistent laps in a race count, not the fastest.

DJJ.......With respect DJJ........I think your missing the point........I was simply pointing out that Scooter had turned a much improved lap time.

Of course you need consistency to win races........You also need a car that will allow you to drive the wheels off it lap after lap..........I think you will also agree kayne does not have the benefit of that.

Old 10 May 2008, 09:44 (Ref:2198101)   #22
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
DJJ.......With respect DJJ........I think your missing the point........I was simply pointing out that Scooter had turned a much improved lap time.

Of course you need consistency to win races........You also need a car that will allow you to drive the wheels off it lap after lap..........I think you will also agree kayne does not have the benefit of that.

I do agree, for scooter to pull a lap like that is good in the very average equipment he has.

I have nothing against him, he is a top guy...... Just sad that he drives for the worst team in the field and people may feel that he is a bad driver without knowing the full deal.
Old 10 May 2008, 10:31 (Ref:2198129)   #23
panel damage
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
panel damage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Word from WA today is that while things are in order enough for them to
be at Wanneroo, their is somewhat of a cloud over what further involvement the team takes in 2008, made more obvious by the rumors of their driver allegedly talking to other teams about one of the few remaining enduro drives. If that is in fact what is happening then it is very very sad.
Old 10 May 2008, 12:14 (Ref:2198183)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by panel damage
be at Wanneroo, their is somewhat of a cloud over what further involvement the team takes in 2008, made more obvious by the rumors of their driver allegedly talking to other teams about one of the few remaining enduro drives. If that is in fact what is happening then it is very very sad.
But I thought you didnt have any doubts that this team would continue??
Old 10 May 2008, 20:59 (Ref:2198457)   #25
V8's rule
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panel damage

Panel damage...........If you knew anything about Scooter's deal with David John, you would not be alledging the above..........I suggest to you, that if fact any discussion about Kayne driving for another team in the enduro's occured......as you alledge.......Then it would have been initiated by a third party, on the assumtion that TKR might not be around to much longer.

Those of us who know Kayne well.......Can vouch for the fact that he is a very principled person........A deal is a deal to him.........Unlike many others I could name and shame.