Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Jul 2004, 06:44 (Ref:1045371)   #1
nicko
Racer

nicko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TKR On Pole

What a great effort from the whole team and a fantastic lap by baird in the shoot out to get the top spot.

Just shows everyone the potential the team and driver Craig Baird has always had.

Maybe Holden Motorsport might give them a few $$$ instead of taking away their sponsors.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 07:05 (Ref:1045382)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fancy doing that.... the Hyundai engine under the bottom was obviously a match for those other Holden and Ford things.... the team must be delighted!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Jul 2004, 07:16 (Ref:1045385)   #3
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To Craig, Martin, David and the crew. Congratulations guys! Your first Pole Position. About time. I have opened a beer and having a celebration! We are all proud! The whole team at McDonald Reid Accountants are proud to be supporting you and we are all glad that the hard work is now paying off!

Party!
Old 24 Jul 2004, 07:23 (Ref:1045391)   #4
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bairdo said at the press conference that given the right circumstances he is a chance tomorrow. It's a 2 stopper so that could help.
Update he is running a higher spec Burns engine with an extra 20 hp.

Last edited by retro; 24 Jul 2004 at 07:24.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Jul 2004, 07:26 (Ref:1045394)   #5
nicko
Racer

nicko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If its raining then my money is on Baird.

I just read on car.co.nz that TKR hope to finally get the corporate and factory sponorship they need following the Pole position
Old 24 Jul 2004, 07:29 (Ref:1045396)   #6
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by nicko
If its raining then my money is on Baird.

I just read on car.co.nz that TKR hope to finally get the corporate and factory sponorship they need following the Pole position
I'm just checking my bank accounts online seeing how much more $$$'s I can scrape together! Not looking good though
Old 24 Jul 2004, 07:32 (Ref:1045401)   #7
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

WOW!! That was the hardest top 10 shootout to watch on the live timing EVER

Congratulations to the whole team - is fantastic to see things coming together for you all It will be so good to see the black beast on the front row

Lets just hope that tomorrow brings the best result ever for TKR

Last edited by Tracy; 24 Jul 2004 at 07:34.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 08:11 (Ref:1045432)   #8
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bairdo update

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Jul 2004, 08:15 (Ref:1045434)   #9
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Team Kiwi and a great lap by Bairdo

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 24 Jul 2004, 08:29 (Ref:1045440)   #10
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great stuff TKR and Craig Baird!!
Congratulations guys.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 11:39 (Ref:1045610)   #11
V8 Supercars
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
V8 Supercars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep. Good effort for TKR but sadly they will be overtaken within a few laps of the race tomorrow. At least they are $5000 richer...
Old 24 Jul 2004, 11:46 (Ref:1045621)   #12
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With pole starting on the right hand side of the grid both Craig and marcos will be pitting for fresh doors lap 1

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 24 Jul 2004, 21:05 (Ref:1045960)   #13
TKR#1
Rookie

New Zealand
TKR#1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morning world. Just making sure that it wasn't a dream, BUT A DREAM COME TRUE
Attached Thumbnails
tkrpole.jpg  
Old 24 Jul 2004, 23:14 (Ref:1046051)   #14
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by TKR#1
Morning world. Just making sure that it wasn't a dream, BUT A DREAM COME TRUE
I woke up thinking it was a dream, but I rang David to check all the same. and yes it's true.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 00:19 (Ref:1046094)   #15
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Great lap from Craig , the crowd were cheering him on something cronic.

He got a huge cheer on his warm down lap at penrite anyway

brilliant effort and I hope he can do the double today
Old 25 Jul 2004, 02:21 (Ref:1046155)   #16
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
HUH, Wouldnt you know it, I take one day off from the computer and they go and get Pole position.
I cant believe that they have gone and done that and I didnt know about it for maybe 24 hours. Maybe I wouldnt have been able to sleep though so all for the best eh?
CONGRATULATIONS TO CRAIG AND MARTIN AND DAVID AND TO THE CREW. Totally COOL. I AM SO PROUD I COULD JUST BURST.
Regardless of how they/we go today, a major MILESTONE has been reached today and we the Loyal and patient Supporters are CHUFFED TO THE HILT. Never waver from the cause, keep the faith and we will surely prevail.
HEY, What a BLAST, Our intrepid LEADER is on the Telly sarvo at 3 o/c (almost devine justice) as we wind up to what will now be our MOST MOST (twice) IMPORTANT race of all time. Watch it unfold, Live and Dangerous on TV1 courtesy of David Turner and the team on the Shell Helix Motorsport Sunday show. Boy oh Boy, David John will be fair GLOWING.
Go men go and to the likes of Mr 'v8 supercar' (about 6 posts ago,) Optimists only please. I can understand your pessimism, judging by your permanent note at the bottom of your posts, but it aint about "oh well at least he will have the $5000.00"!!! This thing is so vastly more than about money, Its all about PRIDE my son. PRIDE.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 04:46 (Ref:1046251)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any reason the 100% NZ signage is missing from the windscreen? Have the brainstrust at Holden finally decided to help, or are the team and Rory the lion still dancing the dance of friends and enemies?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Jul 2004, 07:06 (Ref:1046350)   #18
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
No idea about that GTR but I did notice from TV today that they did have sponsors removed.

Yesterday the were running the Wattle sponsorship on the side of the car but today the doors were empty.

strange situation if you show up with sponsors for practice and qualifying and then take them off for the race ????
Old 25 Jul 2004, 07:12 (Ref:1046353)   #19
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
This link is what the car looked like on Saturday.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 10:21 (Ref:1046504)   #20
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done to TKR!! Pole position!! I-car-rumba!!

Congratualtions to Craig the under-rated pedaller, Martin, David, the crew, the sponsors, and the supporters. This was huge news. I celebrated last night in Gorey fashion with a "small" volume of beer to salute the occasion.

David John, for reasons obvious, didn't seem his usual self on TVNZ's Shell Helix Motorsport this afternoon. He told us the facts....Wattyl, Makita, and Pure NZ (Tourism NZ's commercial whizzbang name) all elected to pull their signage from the car, realising that a naked car would make more people look.
It actually made the car look very, very bare and no doubt would have had Team Big Nose really scratching...at the start at least.

One has to keep wondering for how long Holden can keep going on ignoring TKR's effort to be a contender. It has already cost Holden NZ the Makita fleet deal if I remember correctly - if not Makita, then certainly one of the sponsors.

For the sponsors who elected to go without exposure for the team's betterment, that is a brave call, especially given the exposure.

Unfortunately, things didn't come off in the race, but TKR sit 13th in the championship. Not bad really, when you consider that Team Big Nose's owner sits some 6 places aft in what is allegedly the Holden factory effort.

One hopes that the Holden denial doesn't continue for too much longer, remembering that Holden already impress upon their NZ dealer franchisees who sell HSV's that they should back HRT and not TKR, nor should they stock, sell, or in any way promote Team Kiwi and it's driver, merchandise, or apparrel.
It must be hard to do when your "star" driver sits so far behind the TKR effort, and in the same place as a team did last year that Holden were, at the time, struggling to increase funding to also.

Well done TKR!!
Old 25 Jul 2004, 15:46 (Ref:1046771)   #21
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
thanks for the update , seems a very strange thing to do but if it works then good on em