Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Jan 2003, 00:41 (Ref:468076)   #1
Rhys_00
Racer

Rhys_00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Green Eyed Monster Livery

Now that it appears most likely that Craig Lowndes and 00 Motorsport are splitting right down the middle, what happens with the Green Eyed Monster livery?
Will it just disappear now, or will Forbes 'milk' it for 5 years? This was part of a 'Ford Falcon' sponsorship wasn't it, and is Forbes unlikely to retain this sponsorship?
Lowndes keeps #00 though doesnt he?
Old 9 Jan 2003, 02:16 (Ref:468104)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
im not sure whats gonna happen to it , but it sure was one of the best paint jobs Ive seen in ages , maybe he will take it to Prodrive with him ????
Old 9 Jan 2003, 05:32 (Ref:468156)   #3
Mr Squiggle
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Mr Squiggle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think that Bob Forbes even owns the 00 Motorsport name.
Old 9 Jan 2003, 05:51 (Ref:468159)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is my understanding that the device used in the 00 branding belongs, as part of a contract with Ford, with Mr C. Lowndes.

In the Great Race book for 2002, there is a reference for 00Motorsport merchandising which seems to be based out of rural Queensland... so I assume Cwaig and Nat are the basis of this little gem.

I presume then that the 00 name will be used on the alleged new 3 car prodrive operation, with the following possible drivers:

00 - C. Lowndes
5 - G. Seton
6 - D. Besnard

And the vast array of sponsors that shall possibly avail themselves of partaking in on-car sponsorship opportunities could possibly include Caltex, Caterpillar and indeed Ford Credit.. assuming this has any semblance of reality to it
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Jan 2003, 08:05 (Ref:468212)   #5
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But wouldn't that mean that Prodrive would need to get the 00 franchise from Forbes? Or aren't the numbers tied to the actual franchises?
Old 9 Jan 2003, 08:32 (Ref:468231)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If I remember the AVESCO manuals rightly, the only firm number in the field is the #1, but others are reservable by paying a particular fee to them....

The 00 number as I understood it was a method of branding Craig directly with a different image to GMS, Ford were trying to defocus from the team and refocus on the individual... (I should be in Marketing)

So Craig owns some right to the 00 number (not sure if 00 is a number or not) which may transmogrify itself to the new alleged prodrive operation. Maybe prodrive will then become 00??

Weird isnt it... and we are no closer to knowing for sure
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Jan 2003, 09:37 (Ref:468256)   #7
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On car numbers, i'd say what GTR said is correct, the only reserved number is #1, but there is probably some sort of 'gentlemans' agreement that you don't go around stealing other teams numbers unless consulting them first.

Not sure on the paintjob, but i would suppose sponsership would determine what scheme they choose. Every team could paint their cars exactly the same as each i suppose, i don't think you can have rights to a paintjob, unless it is possible to copyright things like this.
Old 9 Jan 2003, 10:24 (Ref:468278)   #8
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There must be something somewhere, because a competitor has got permission to paint his car in anothers livery with only 1 difference being made.
Old 9 Jan 2003, 11:51 (Ref:468339)   #9
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I hope the OO thing goes when Prodrive picks up I didn't like it all and the green eyed flop to .
I though Ford Credit was a big point of the seton prodrive thing?
IMO new team NEW warpaint
I sure if CAT was bringing Big money they would want a say.
Old 9 Jan 2003, 11:53 (Ref:468340)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it is probably done by ballot, whereby if you have run with a number in the preceeding season, you probably get preference for the season after. I know of a few newcomers to the game disappointed to find that some obscure person (in say Western Australia) has the right to a certain number... If there is some form of contract floating around, that might negate any right Forbes has to it, otherwise, if it was simply a case of a driver leaving a team, the team would hold onto the number.

But what's in a number anyways? Why did Morris have to run 67 and 29 a couple of years back, ditto Rod Forbes..
Old 9 Jan 2003, 20:47 (Ref:468825)   #11
White Knight

A few years ago Bob Jones wanted to run #3 to tie in with his Ampol Max 3 sponsorship, but Lansvale would not give him the number as it was theirs at the time . . . and still is.

Old 9 Jan 2003, 22:14 (Ref:468894)   #12
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you'll find Lowndes' '02 livery is "owned" by Ford. It was certainly designed by them, and not Forbes' mob.
Old 10 Jan 2003, 04:56 (Ref:469157)   #13
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I could not give a stuff how the cars look I just want them to go
Old 10 Jan 2003, 05:02 (Ref:469162)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by White Knight
A few years ago Bob Jones wanted to run #3 to tie in with his Ampol Max 3 sponsorship, but Lansvale would not give him the number as it was theirs at the time . . . and still is.
I understood there was an offer on the table to procure the number but one party didnt think the value involved was appropriate to make the change

In hindsight, a team involved in the sport in its 18th season of Supercar competition can be seen to be a more worthy motorsport citizen in terms of choosing the numbers of its race cars than a team that has been seen to have floated in and out of the sport over a similar period.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Jan 2003, 05:07 (Ref:469163)   #15
Rhys_00
Racer

Rhys_00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fair enough... If it was pink, and was winning, I would be satisfied with that trade off...
Old 10 Jan 2003, 05:20 (Ref:469169)   #16
White Knight

Quote:
In hindsight, a team involved in the sport in its 18th season of Supercar competition can be seen to be a more worthy motorsport citizen in terms of choosing the numbers of its race cars than a team that has been seen to have floated in and out of the sport over a similar period.

At the time (and it wasn't 18 years ago - V8 Supercars has not been around that long) both parties had been in top ranks of touring cars for about the same period of time, both floating over from Group A Commodores.

Old 10 Jan 2003, 06:46 (Ref:469197)   #17
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Kid@where.com.au

Does anyone know where I can email Craig? It dosent have to be direct of course, but, I have some information I think young Craig might find interesting...say no more, nudge nudge - wink wink!!

Have trolled around many of the sites including 00 to no avail...Cheers
Old 10 Jan 2003, 06:53 (Ref:469199)   #18
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one address I have is rp_m@bigpond.com, I will send you the other through PM, cause I don't know if it is private or not.
Old 10 Jan 2003, 08:18 (Ref:469240)   #19
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Mr Ballesteros

Quote:
Originally posted by sevi
one address I have is rp_m@bigpond.com, I will send you the other through PM, cause I don't know if it is private or not.
Please do keep it private - these guys need some privacy!!

BTW The bigpond address bounced....

Last edited by 275 GTB-4; 10 Jan 2003 at 08:23.
Old 10 Jan 2003, 11:50 (Ref:469472)   #20
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At state level, CAMS maintains a register of racing numbers for each category and if you registered and used that number last year, you get first dibs on it this year.

After that, it's first in best dressed.

I believe it is very likely that AVESCO wuld have a very similar system for V8 Supercars.
Old 12 Jan 2003, 01:33 (Ref:471663)   #21
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its taken Ford this long to creat a proper works team around Lowndes? They should have done this 2 years ago.

If Lowndes leaves 00, no one's really going to care too much what their cars will look like. All the moving and shaking behind the scenes always made it look a bit like a leaky boat anyway.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 12 Jan 2003, 02:14 (Ref:471692)   #22
V8 Fan
Racer

V8 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only a guess but try
craig@craiglowndes.com
Old 12 Jan 2003, 10:11 (Ref:471867)   #23
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
Bomn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still can't believe that they didn't give cromley's car brown headlight covers.
Old 12 Jan 2003, 11:39 (Ref:471923)   #24
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is Cromley famous for Brown-eyes? I'd have thought not.
Old 12 Jan 2003, 11:45 (Ref:471928)   #25
Bomn
Veteran

Australia
Bomn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He gave Steven Richards a good shove in the date at sandown.