Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 6 Jul 2004, 00:33 (Ref:1027506)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Braaaazeeeeeeelll! - For thoose who watched the race. *spoilers*

In the overall scheme of things as far as the championship is concerned it was a great race, as for the racing it was a great race as well.
Good to see Tamada win a race from Biagi - and a good ride from Hayden. Pitty about Bayliss, but a great ride from Capo. And lastly Edwards moves up to 4th in the title with annother solid race - he's realy doing his thing well - he's not winning races but he's riding solidly at 9.9 ths and picking up positions.

As for the 125s bad luck for Stoner but annother great race.

Didn't see the 250s but i'll check out Motogp.com now...
Old 6 Jul 2004, 03:38 (Ref:1027593)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
an interesting weekend all round really.

amazing to see both sete and Rossi fall off , but it sure gave a chance for others to catch up a bit.

What an effort by Tomada , simply brilliant and deserved the win.
I hope he can keep the momentum going and become a really strong force from here.

Colin Edwards , I was surprised to see him in 4th , he has managed to sneak up brilliantly in the championship hasnt he ?

here I was thinking that he needs to start getting results and all along he has been getting them.

125's they again proved that they race hard but I was a bit dissapointed that Stoner didnt take the win but a good race by hector to win infront of his home crowd (I think he is brazilian ?)

250's , I lost interest when Westy fell off (when will someone give this guy a top line bike??)
good ride by Poggiali though his first win of his title defence , has he turned the page ?

shocking start to the year for him but he looked good this weekend holding off pedrosa to take the win , congratulations to him
Old 6 Jul 2004, 07:52 (Ref:1027694)   #3
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
(Hector Barbera is from Spain, he has got three home events, but not Brazil )

I think Sete had a rider error (that bumpy corner was difficult, though). But Rossi had a strategic error. He didn't have the bike to follow the three Hondas and he chose to risk 13 points for something brilliant. He lost and, well, other times he "won" those risk decisions.

Vale has the talent to try impossible things (and we the spectators enjoy it!), but from a championship point of view it was not a prudent decision.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 08:19 (Ref:1027734)   #4
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So why was the motogp race the first one?
Old 6 Jul 2004, 08:43 (Ref:1027753)   #5
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
damn Football ..

Ciao Marco
Old 6 Jul 2004, 09:32 (Ref:1027794)   #6
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great for the championship, the MotoGP races should be more like that with everyone mixing it with Sete and Rossi! And marcus, you're right - it's amazing that Colin is 4th!!
Old 6 Jul 2004, 09:49 (Ref:1027816)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
thanks schummy on the Barbera correction , I think some of his main backers are Brazilian soccer players , thats why I could have been confused
Old 6 Jul 2004, 16:05 (Ref:1028200)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a pity Sete and Rossi were so far ahead in the championship - both falling off could have really blown it wide open. Biaggi is now back in with a shout though so I wonder if that result will spur him on.

Tamada raced absolutely brilliant and he thoroughly deserved his victory. It's a pity he's still so far down the championship.

I'll concur with the surprise to see Edwards 4th, but then again, is it really? He's always been fast and consistent, and a number of top-five/ten finishes and he'll always be a contender. Still, I'd like to see him on the podium soon.

250cc race was actually rather good and it helps that there are so many competitive bikes on the grid. About time Poggiali started hitting some form, but Pedrosa is really looking like a champion already.

Typical 125cc race as well. Lorenzo blew it big time while Barbera was just too good out front. Surely Stoner has to win a race on the KTM soon!
Old 6 Jul 2004, 17:56 (Ref:1028320)   #9
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im still pumped days after seeing the RIO GP! I have to say seeing the 125 race in the flesh, from a position in the stand on the main straight that gave a clear view to nearly 80% of the track, it was totally amazing! a fair % of the crowd had left after the main event, but those who stayed watched one of the best races going! Stoner was amazing, but Barbera just positioned himself on the last lap perfectly.... Westy in the 250 race dropped the front end right in front of me! and Manuel Poggiali did his victory burnout directly in front!!! As for the main event the Moto GP had the entire crowd on their feet for the whole race! watching the bikes at 330kph just infront of us was stunning, and the sound was breathtaking also.... I have to say to anyone thinking of going to see a race... GO!!!!!! oh and for my opinion, the best sounding bike out there has to be the Kawasaki.... I'm sure it is to do with the conventional firing order compared to the growler yammy and V5 etc... but jeezz did it scream!

Go Vale in 2 weeks time!!!!
Old 7 Jul 2004, 08:15 (Ref:1028885)   #10
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought the 125 race was one of the best races in any category I have seen this year. Brilliant.

Stoner was so entertaining making ground by throughing the KTM at the corners only to be convincingly trodden on down the back straight. He really has to be about the best rider out there. I'm just glad he has a paid ride this year rather than the other way round.

In the Moto-GP, Troy, what is the freaken story?? Good to see little Kenny extract the digit.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 14:12 (Ref:1029245)   #11
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
thanks schummy on the Barbera correction , I think some of his main backers are Brazilian soccer players , thats why I could have been confused
I don't know about Brazilians, but Dutch soccer player Clarence Seedorf is important person in the team, so it is called Seedorf Racing.

I saw only 1½ feed of the races, including all 3 classes. But I think they showed quite well what happened. Commentators were quite excited when Vale dropped.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 14:56 (Ref:1029292)   #12
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and it appears that Roberto Carlos bought some shares in the Seedorf Racing . i remember reading something on eurosport.com

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Jul 2004, 15:36 (Ref:1029334)   #13
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You would be correct Dani. It was mentioned during the broadcast.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 16:10 (Ref:1029368)   #14
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
well . i didn't see the broadcast

Last edited by Dani Filth; 7 Jul 2004 at 16:14.

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Jul 2004, 16:29 (Ref:1029397)   #15
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Seedorf and Roberto Carlos got related when they were team mates in Real Madrid. Clarence keeps many friend in Madrid so that's the "spanish connection" in this "complicated" puzzle

What I don't know is if Barberá is from Cataluña or from Valencia, the two main nuclei (nucleuses) of spanish bike racing.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 16:36 (Ref:1029402)   #16
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Lol, I have just gone to www.hectorbarbera.com to see.

It is difficult! His bio says he was born in "Dos Aguas". Where is "Dos Aguas"? (lol, it even sounds brazilian!).

Stubborn as I am, I searched the web and saw it is a (very small) village in Valencia (just 468 citizens!). He still lives there, what I find nice.

Last edited by Schummy; 7 Jul 2004 at 16:41.
Old 8 Jul 2004, 07:13 (Ref:1029884)   #17
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
in depth invetigations going on here , well done folks
Old 9 Jul 2004, 05:40 (Ref:1030967)   #18
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hahahaha, judging from all our responses 10 should just stop showing the races after Westy hits the dirt!

(Turns out I did watch it but went to bed when Westy "threw it down the road")

Here's an interesting proposition:
Next Year's Honda Squad.
Telefonica - Sete & Pedrosa, Repsol - Hayden, Edwards.

That could happen, No?
Old 9 Jul 2004, 06:58 (Ref:1030996)   #19
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
sounds very good to me

all 4 all very good riders and a great assett to any team
Old 9 Jul 2004, 11:40 (Ref:1031200)   #20
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Repsol --> bring back Mike Doo! If only we had a time machine...
Old 9 Jul 2004, 12:07 (Ref:1031221)   #21
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see Ant West on a decent 250.

Mick has more than done enough. For me Edwards disappoints, a lot of promise but not a lot of go forward.

It will be interesting to see if the third place finish raises the performance from Nicky Hayden.