Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Sep 2004, 19:26 (Ref:1094351)   #1
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking about dumbest comments...

"At the first chicane I couldn't stop the car in time as the tyres were not ready yet. So I had to cut the corner, then I slowed to let Juan Pablo through and he played with me, slowed a bit himself to make it look like I gained an advantage,"
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=62970

PS: Any time one of these guys [JPM/MS] throws a jab the other one throws an uppercut.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 20:02 (Ref:1094384)   #2
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yes it is all wearing a bit thin now isn't it.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 00:42 (Ref:1094570)   #3
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Actually, I think that may have indeed been the case. JPM may have thought that by slowing down and knowing MS must yield to him, he could cause Schumi more headaches from other drivers in pursuit. I'm not sure if JPM is that smart though.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 01:49 (Ref:1094594)   #4
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woah...speed..bored or bitter?

Dunch worry..MS is at least talking about racing stuffs while Montoya is stuck in fantasy land with a "IF its me" situation, more interested in making nice headlines than getting results. Montoya finally "won" something now..

But what's the point of both thread?

Quote Kirk.."I'm not sure if JPM is that smart though." LOL
Old 13 Sep 2004, 02:36 (Ref:1094610)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
I'm not sure if JPM is that smart though.
According to michael in the press conference, JPM was exactly that!

"He was very smart, slowed and made it look like i had gained an advantage" is what Michael said.

Maybe JPM's smarter than you give him credit for
Old 13 Sep 2004, 02:50 (Ref:1094618)   #6
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
So is he silly or bad sport V?
Old 13 Sep 2004, 02:52 (Ref:1094620)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Who's that? Michael?
Old 13 Sep 2004, 14:39 (Ref:1095223)   #8
Kirk
Veteran

As we all know, Michael is very calculating and I suppose he assumes that a talented driver like JPM is also. Personally, I think JPM drives more on instinct than anything else, and that's what gets him into trouble (often unnecessarily) especially when trying to chase down MS. In this instance I think MS is a little peeved, because he likely would have done exactly the same thing. I notice today that JPM is still being quoted in his war of words with Michael. A little childish, me thinks.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 14:42 (Ref:1095227)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JPM says he did not back off - he merely struggled for traction on the damp track.

He's probably right.

People need to take things at face value a bit more often rather than looking for grand conspiracy theories which aren't there!
Old 13 Sep 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1095232)   #10
Kirk
Veteran

Yah, the media grabs it, spins it, and JPM reacts, right on cue. MS sits back and gets a little chuckle.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 15:00 (Ref:1095239)   #11
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hardly a grand conspiracy - merely the kind of subtle mind-play that is second nature to a top class driver like Schumacher or Montoya. Michael never complained about it - in fact he had a little smile on his face when relating the tale. This is a big boy's game, and I find it entirely feasible that Juan would take the opportunity to frustrate Micheal by backing him into the car behind in this situation - in fact, that is precisely what he achieved. All right and proper - well within the game.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 16:01 (Ref:1095273)   #12
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's exactly what JPM did! So what, a bit of friendly sportsmanship, it's not like he ran the guy off the road.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 16:50 (Ref:1095340)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Touche!

Nice bit of gamesmanship me thinks from JPM yesterday. They all do it, of course.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 23:53 (Ref:1095795)   #14
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry guys but JPM had Alonso in his face when that happend.I saw the replay and he didn't slow down maby MS thought that when cutting the chicane he ws gona loose only one position...
Poor Micheal...
Old 14 Sep 2004, 01:35 (Ref:1095830)   #15
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Their just a bunch of spoilt brats. It's like the playground at kindy.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 10:43 (Ref:1096146)   #16
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only it's us who have 'sleep time'.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport