Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 9 Apr 2008, 14:02 (Ref:2173887)   #1
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best / Favourite Chassis?

Now, i'm not really sure what makes one chassis particularly better than another.

Maybe it's personal preference?

Maybe some of you people who actually drive can give some insight into why you picked one make of chassis over another?
Old 9 Apr 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2174131)   #2
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

tried a lot of chassis, always loved the look of the birel, but never got chassis to suit, good brakes but always changing pads...even worse is the tony lol plus parts are stupidly expensive

love intrepid/jkhs until i got my EKS..who u may say but for near half the price of a intrepid/birel/tonykart/cat etc ect it is so easy to drive, cheap brakes but last for a long time and give awesome stopping ability, great in wet and dry with not much setup changes needed, look good too www.eksracing.co.uk
most people neer heard of them but if anyone thinks this means a no go..think again!!
Old 10 Apr 2008, 17:36 (Ref:2174678)   #3
jjordan
Racer

jjordan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have run an STS (Seriously Trick...Stuff) on the dirt for years but just recently switched to a Phantom Icon. Still learning about it but right out of the box it's bad fast. On the pavement we use Intrepid Silverstones and LIKE them. If I were to switch off the Intrepids(which I probably won't), I would buy a Wildkart. Good dealer support in this area, and that is one of the most important factors, in my opinion.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:06 (Ref:2179012)   #4
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive got an MBA world formula, although I think the chassis is made by Parolin. Cheap Italian rubbish! My mate has a Birel - expensive Italian but the juries out on how good it is - the sidepods are certainly better 'cos he had a huge smash in it and walked away.
My first rotax was a Sodi and that was a really nice chassis which I am in the process of rebuilding. Prokart wise the best I have driven is a 7 kart, although Zips are pretty good too.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:42 (Ref:2179044)   #5
Sam-KK24
Rookie

Scotland
Alloa, Scotland
Sam-KK24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a Mari in WTP (1 Year), Deavisons in Honda (1 Year) and Gillard in Rotax (4 Years) 99, 05, 06, 08

I bought the Gillard 08 at the start of the year and probably the best kart I've had. Easy to drive and I find it quite easy to set-up.

I wanted to test a Tonykart, but never got round to it
Old 20 Apr 2008, 16:49 (Ref:2182225)   #6
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

#15 tkm 4/ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tal-ko is what i run, which is a british made chassi, keeps doing the trick in the national series for its classes so you cant really get better advertising.

Plus the fact im a driver for them dosn't sway my opion, or the fact i get cheap chassis :P
Old 20 Apr 2008, 20:41 (Ref:2182341)   #7
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got a Talko very cheap - looks well made though, Im thinking of shoving my rotax on it.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 10:57 (Ref:2184746)   #8
TomStoten
Rookie

TomStoten should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys.

Wondering if any of you could possibly help me. I've done a little bit of karting over the last few years (bit of BUKC (club 100), few test days in a yamaha then tkm) but am now thinking of getting a Rotax Max to initally go testing in and the hopefully enter a few club races over the Summer. Looking at various adverts I have been offered a 2004 Trulli chassis with a brand new HRS tuned engine (0 hours). What are the chassis like i.e. easy to set up, reasonably quick etc?

Thanks for any help

Tom
Old 23 Apr 2008, 11:54 (Ref:2184806)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Trullis from then are good chassis, I think they were Tonykarts werent they? and now are Swiss Hutless? or am I mixing them up with Alonsos? Anyway as long as its got the parralel pods bars then it should be fine - I wouldnt pay over 1.5k for it though no matter how nice it is.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 19:29 (Ref:2186912)   #10
S.Moss
Racer

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
S.Moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
Trullis from then are good chassis, I think they were Tonykarts werent they? and now are Swiss Hutless? or am I mixing them up with Alonsos? Anyway as long as its got the parralel pods bars then it should be fine - I wouldnt pay over 1.5k for it though no matter how nice it is.
A few years ago, Tonykart, Trulli, and Redspeed were all made in the same factory, then along recently came the Alonso which is probably also made in the same factory.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 22:11 (Ref:2220835)   #11
Hayden Fan
Rookie

Hayden Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love my CRG Maixmo Racing kart.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 21:50 (Ref:2230442)   #12
over_revving
Rookie

Greece
over_revving should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd really like to hear people's opinions on CRG's Max package as i've found a few very tempting late 06's around 2-2,5k£ but i'm not sure whether they match tonykarts or birels for about the same money. I've been advised to stay away from them, any thoughts?

cheers
Old 18 Jun 2008, 15:43 (Ref:2231973)   #13
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by over_revving
I'd really like to hear people's opinions on CRG's Max package as i've found a few very tempting late 06's around 2-2,5k£ but i'm not sure whether they match tonykarts or birels for about the same money. I've been advised to stay away from them, any thoughts?

cheers

I think CRGs are pretty good - theres plenty fo them about even though they are expensive. Unless you are at the very top end of competition then I cant see the difference between Tonys, Birel, CRG's, Kosmins, BRMs et al being that obvious.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 11:56 (Ref:2232569)   #14
over_revving
Rookie

Greece
over_revving should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although being a relatively new starter into "serious" karting i have always considered CRGs as good karts, and i completely agree with you that unless you are in the very top end of the grid there's probably nothing to bother with differences among these chassis, which is a rule of thumb for any discipline anyway.

I personally like TonyKarts not because they are the best or something, but because i have always liked them, it must be an aesthetic thing, the aura of the machine...
Old 18 Jun 2008, 09:04 (Ref:2231695)   #15
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My brother has just bought a Tony Kart chassis that's about 2 years old, looks in really good condition, and I think he said it has a 2 stroke TKM Extreme engine in it. Not sure if thats right though..
Old 19 Jun 2008, 20:40 (Ref:2232949)   #16
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
ScottDay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Redspeed
Old 1 Dec 2008, 15:45 (Ref:2344977)   #17
gsyracer
Rookie

gsyracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see no-one has mentioned the SWRD "Wright" Suzuka 3 chassis.

Owned one for 2 years and by far the best chassis I have driven.

Our track isn't exactly flat and the kart moulds itself and drifts whilst still retaining grip.

Must admit, though, not exactly the best chassis in the wet - because it is so flexible and my set-up is as hard as you can get.

Previously driven a TK Venox which was a very good chassis until I got my Wright.

(I'm running KF1 btw)
Old 3 Feb 2009, 16:13 (Ref:2387530)   #18
4carz
Rookie

4carz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello every1 im new 2 karting I've decided im goin race formula blue My best two options for karts, that I can find, to race this season appear to be a 2008 octane which I hear and read good things about and a 2007 CAT racing chassis which I know nothing about.

Could anyone give me any opinions or advice on this CAT racing chassis. Is it any good or am I better with the 2008 octane? The advantages that come with the CAT are that it's the same money but it comes with an Alfano Pro lap timer, trolley, spare tyres, sprockets etc which is obviously good for me starting from scratch.

Having not heard of the CAT before I wouldn't know how easy or not is it to get spares for it etc as I'm racing in the south and as I understand they are more popular in the North. Also how easy is the octane to get spares for?
Old 3 Feb 2009, 22:03 (Ref:2387733)   #19
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tal-ko s4. classic LOL
Old 4 Feb 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2388390)   #20
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
What the hell! It's you!
Old 4 Feb 2009, 20:12 (Ref:2388420)   #21
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes lol?
Old 7 Feb 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2390477)   #22
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
and no one has mentioned a good aussie chassis in an Arrow
Old 10 Apr 2009, 14:10 (Ref:2438078)   #23
Ebi
Rookie

Malta
Malta
Ebi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone has some info on the MaxWilson 8 chassis? I found one for a good price with a parilla leopard engine 125cc in it and was wondering what type of chassis it is because I never heard of it and so does Google apparently.
Old 10 Apr 2009, 15:11 (Ref:2438114)   #24
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Wilsons are British I think, not sure what the Max bit refers to unless its to Rotax Max.
Old 10 Apr 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2438271)   #25
Ebi
Rookie

Malta
Malta
Ebi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max Wilson is the name of a racing driver