Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Oct 2006, 12:27 (Ref:1727570)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Which chassis?

They might have got the engine regs sorted,but the fists are still flying (not literally of course) as regards the chassis.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/54909
Old 4 Oct 2006, 18:45 (Ref:1727930)   #2
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure that it will end with a freeze on chassis development for three seasons. That will be another step to Max' sweet dream: a spec series.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1727936)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest
I'm pretty sure that it will end with a freeze on chassis development for three seasons. That will be another step to Max' sweet dream: a spec series.
Teams won't stand for that!

You don't spend Zillions (combined total ) on wind tunnels and then use them to cool your porridge down.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 18:59 (Ref:1727948)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This getting tedious now Pingguest. Discuss the topic, its pros, its cons, who thinks what and whether it will happen. Your simple one line effectively dismisses the discussion straight away and your desperation to bash Max again does the concept of a discussion forum no favours.

There may be valid things to say against any of Max's plans, but when you say it now it makes no difference because you have lost all credibility.

This is particularly frustrating for me because I too don't like how some aspects of F1 are developing and see some points get lost in a fog of Max bashing.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1727955)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am not quite sure what Williams are saying for that article.

They don't want manufacturers to be able to sell chassis on, but they aren't against the concept overall?

However he doesn't agree with Red Bull using the same car in both teams. Is that because one isn't a year old?

Have I got that right?

Overall there is the problem that some of the rules suggested earlier weren't left in the current agreement that all the teams signed up to. Obviously a lot of this is relevant to the 2008 rules.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1727957)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
It should be noted that the Technical working group are asked to come up with solutions to current problems.If they can't/won't do that then Max will impose what he sees fit,which usually errs to the safety side of things.

We can hardly blame Max for grooved tyres if the tyre companies are capable of developing tyres for sub one minute laps!
Old 4 Oct 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1727962)   #7
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Teams won't stand for that!

You don't spend Zillions (combined total ) on wind tunnels and then use them to cool your porridge down.
Just as the engine manufactures wouldn't stand for the engine freeze?
Old 4 Oct 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1727963)   #8
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
I am not quite sure what Williams are saying for that article.

They don't want manufacturers to be able to sell chassis on, but they aren't against the concept overall?

However he doesn't agree with Red Bull using the same car in both teams. Is that because one isn't a year old?

Have I got that right?

Overall there is the problem that some of the rules suggested earlier weren't left in the current agreement that all the teams signed up to. Obviously a lot of this is relevant to the 2008 rules.
Wow wow Adam, I wasn't even posting seriously. That's why I used the -smiley. It was just a joke. Don't get me wrong.

Meanwhile, I'm totally in favour of a customer chassis.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1727972)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Ah, so you are parodying yourself and your ceaseless campaign to blame everything on Max. It did occur to me that no one could actually be so daft as to actually believe everything was so simple.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 20:27 (Ref:1728024)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest
Just as the engine manufactures wouldn't stand for the engine freeze?
Even the "engine manufacturers" knew they were heading for oblivion on that one.

Most of the teams already had "state of the art" wind tunnels working 24 hours a day,even before the "engine manufacturers" got involved.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 07:25 (Ref:1728438)   #11
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Ah, so you are parodying yourself and your ceaseless campaign to blame everything on Max. It did occur to me that no one could actually be so daft as to actually believe everything was so simple.
Well, as you know I mostly disagree with Mosley, but not on this one. But my post wasn't really meant seriously. It's up to you to believe me or not. I don't mind.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 07:48 (Ref:1728448)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It seems you have missed my smiley I believe you that you don't mean it here.

Last edited by Adam43; 5 Oct 2006 at 08:16.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1735315)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
RedBull are to go ahead with plans to build an identical car for both teams,despite possible legal action.It seems that "constructor" and "competitor" are two different things.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55096

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns17616.html
Old 11 Oct 2006, 16:35 (Ref:1735376)   #14
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Reading the definition of what is a constructor and what is a competitor is interesting, should it be changed to the World Competitor Championship rather than Constructors championship?