Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Sep 2004, 08:20 (Ref:1097939)   #26
Draven
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Draven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie Jordan rates Glock very highly (very very highly aparently) so If he has anything to do with the team next year and finances go his way he'll get Timo in a seat.
And I think Heidfeld should be on the shopping list for all the remaining teams if he ends up free from jordan.
Good chance that Luzzi will take one of the vacant seats I reckon. He should have the sponsorship and has made a good name for himself already.

Last edited by Draven; 16 Sep 2004 at 08:21.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 08:43 (Ref:1097959)   #27
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
BAR

Running with the conviction that Button is going to end up driving for Williams next year, regardless of the outcome of the hearing, DC would, to me, seem like by far the most logical solution.

I am no great lover of David, but he would bring to the team exactly what they need for a transition/settle period with Button leaving. He would need to just be a relatively short-term solution until the ideal candidate comes along - unless of course DC suddenly becomes brilliant or something weird like that.

Minardi

Follow the money. I do not see what other option they have.

Jordan

Nick probably must stick on at it for another year, which saddens me because I thoroughly like him and think he is rather under-rated and forgotten.

I would agree with those thinking Glock has rather good chance for this one: BUT, in the end, the second seat will most likely be a case of following the money.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 09:36 (Ref:1098007)   #28
Bobie
Racer

Bobie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of these are silly suggestions or are they?

BAR - Sato and Davidson
Jaguar - Coulthard and Luzzi
Jordan - Heidfeld and Fauzy (Endorsed by Jordan and has backing)
Minardi - Lloyd and Reid (Sponsorsed by Superfund as the dream team who are with JVA Racing in Euro3000 owned by Superfund, plus Reid is an Ausy)
Williams - Button will be there!
Old 16 Sep 2004, 10:04 (Ref:1098027)   #29
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by CleanTone
I really don't think that Massa is glued to that seat
Sauber announced him along with Jacques Villeneuve yesterday - I don't know why this rumour persists!
Old 16 Sep 2004, 11:14 (Ref:1098124)   #30
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the CRB decides that BAR has first claim on Button, I doubt that DC would get the seat. I suspect that Pizzonia has first dibs and that Heidfeld might be an outside chance.

DC would be a good fit at the renamed RBS Ford-as long as Stewart is heavily involved.

Several web sites are claiming that Sato is NOT confirmed for BAR. I suspect that if Button goes, for continuity they might keep Sato, but if Jense stays, Sato is out.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 11:39 (Ref:1098145)   #31
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dito
If jense goes sato will saty for sure
Old 16 Sep 2004, 11:39 (Ref:1098146)   #32
Bobie
Racer

Royal Bank of Scotland are sining with Williams and Stewart is leaving the Ford/Jaguar party to join BMW Williams at the end of December.

Jaguar have never been in the running for RBS it's always been between BAR, Williams and McLaren (who even offered to chnage the livery to suit the RBS royal blue colour)

The RBS deal with Williams is rumoured to be worth around £10m.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 11:48 (Ref:1098153)   #33
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good job no one seems to have noticed that when I said "Montagny and Briscoe at Toyota" I meant at Minardi....

I think, even if BAR's contract with Button proves vaild, they'll probably sell him on to Williams, as he doesn't seem keen to drive for BAR. I can't see DC at Williams in any case.

BAR dropping Sato wouldn't make much sense if Button also goes, and I suspect he's probably safe in any case.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 11:54 (Ref:1098159)   #34
Bobie
Racer

Sato will stay for 1 reason - because of Honda
Old 16 Sep 2004, 20:17 (Ref:1098694)   #35
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
coulthart in JAg....probably...mostlikely! ;-)
Old 17 Sep 2004, 06:50 (Ref:1098958)   #36
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Briscoe is talking up his chances, but always with the catch that he needs to attract sponsorship. It's difficult being Australia to attract the right amount of corporate sponsorship, even from different companies, to put together a package lucrative enough to attract the attention of a Jordan or a Minardi. Further, it seems apparent from what he's been saying that Toyota are not helping him find a seat.

Briscoe was most recently interviewed in the latest print edition of F1 Racing in Australia.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 06:53 (Ref:1098960)   #37
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobie
Sato will stay for 1 reason - because of Honda
Except that Honda's greatest success in Formula One never came at the hands of a Japanese driver.

It's interesting to see that people always associate the identity of a driver with the engine supplier to a team, ie. Heidfeld going to Williams because BMW wanted a German driver to drive for the team, yet Williams are lining up an Australian and an Englishman for next season, and that Mario Thiessen actually said being German wasn't a requirement.

Of course, Honda might have a different outlook and that Sato is at BAR (partially) because he's Japanese, but I think that would be shortsighted if he's not talented enough to deliver to Honda the success they want to achieve with BAR.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 09:45 (Ref:1099058)   #38
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Sato is a Honda protege but I don't think that's exclusively because he's Japanese. The truth is that Sato has had a very strong season, especially compared to his debut in 2002, and has done enough by his own efforts to retain his seat for next year, all the more so as Button is (almost certainly) leaving, and BAR will want some stability.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 13:05 (Ref:1099285)   #39
taylov
Rookie

taylov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Following the decision by Jaguar and the implications for Minardi (and the uncertainty over Jordan) the game seems to be finished - there are no seats left!!!!
Old 17 Sep 2004, 13:11 (Ref:1099288)   #40
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Taylov - don't be so negative - it will all shake out ok!!
Old 17 Sep 2004, 13:14 (Ref:1099294)   #41
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Whatever happens there will have to be 20 cars on the grid next season.