Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Sep 2004, 14:06 (Ref:1094047)   #1
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who will finish 2nd in the constructors championship?

Place your bets now...

BAR must now be the favourites given that only one of the Renault drivers looks capable of scoring good points at the moment (and when he doesn't finish... )
Old 12 Sep 2004, 14:09 (Ref:1094053)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Trulli needs to get his head together.

Until that day arrives, BAR will finish second at a canter.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1094054)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BAR. Renault seem to lack reliability of late.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 14:11 (Ref:1094055)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BAR.... Trulli has fallen away badly
Old 12 Sep 2004, 14:21 (Ref:1094064)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Should be BAR's for the taking now. Alonso stuffed up big time today, while Trulli just wasn't fast at any stage of the weekend. Both Jenson and Taku look to be on good form right now, and the new FTT system has given tehm a performance edge.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 14:53 (Ref:1094084)   #6
KRONOSJL
Rookie

KRONOSJL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope BAR ! Yes i am french and i don t like this italo-british RENAULT TEAM , with BRIATORE , the BERLUSCONI of F1 , who has only a idea , find a seat for his drivers under contract with him ! ALONSO has made some mistakes this year , and i was never convicted of TRULLI. SATO is a very exciting driver , and BUTTON his a future WORLD CHAMPION if he makes no mistkaes in the coice of his teams. And the come back at the top of HONDA is a good new for F1 and for all motor-sport
Old 12 Sep 2004, 14:54 (Ref:1094087)   #7
Refutation
Racer

Refutation should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both did so good today,really thought Jenson had a chance for a win,Taku was closing in fast in the beginning,held onto it good and finished 4th behind Jense,so good "teamwork" moved them into Second.While the Renaults are fumbling the ball so to speak.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1094088)   #8
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll back BAR from here as they have two drivers scoring points at the moment.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 15:14 (Ref:1094105)   #9
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
grandprix.com reckon Trulli has driven his last race for Renault - Jacques / MOntagny / McNIsh all possible !
Old 12 Sep 2004, 15:31 (Ref:1094128)   #10
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flav is messing around lately and I think he'll be doing a lot of thinking after today's race... he's losing it and his list of "must haves" is getting longer...

...But I still have the feeling that they will get second place at the end...
Old 12 Sep 2004, 19:36 (Ref:1094362)   #11
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Qualies are going to be vital in this.

If Renault get ahead on the grid and Trulli either sorts out or is shipped out, I'd still give it to Renault by a whisker (even though my heart says BAR)

I wonder if BAR will run lighter in the next few qualies to try and compensate.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 20:09 (Ref:1094391)   #12
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
BAR............hope JV will join them next year and they will win the Championship! Anyway they need a star driver to win 2005 championship. Without a star driver that's imposibile!!!!! i bet on that!
Old 12 Sep 2004, 20:59 (Ref:1094433)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
BAR.... Trulli has fallen away badly
Funny that Jenson "fell away" also after Flav decided not to give him a drive in 2003, proberbly just coincidence though

BAR have to be favourites imo, especially with Honda's home track still to come, so they will be pulling out all the stops there
Old 12 Sep 2004, 23:49 (Ref:1094543)   #14
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Too close to call. Trulli's drop-off in performance is baffling (and the new car doesn't seem to have helped him much), and Alonso's having a patchy season. Sato is ever-improving and Button hasn't let the Williams/BAR debacle affect him on-track (yet), so at the moment I might tend towards BAR, but who can say? We have three races left; one on a new track, one at a track where Sato and Button have both gone well in the past, and a finale which the weather could well turn into a lottery. If I were a betting man, I'd keep my money!
Old 17 Sep 2004, 14:54 (Ref:1099408)   #15
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The battle for runners up spot in the constructors heats up

BAR curently lead Renault by 3 points in the constructors championship with only 3 races remaning.

BAR took the 2nd spot ahead of Renault at last weekends Italian Grand Prix at Monza after Britain's Jenson Button came home 3rd and Japan's Tukumo Sato came home 4th making it the teams highest sweep of points this season whilst both Jarno Trulli and Ferando Alonso failed to finish in the points.

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html

Old 17 Sep 2004, 15:02 (Ref:1099416)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it any more hot than it was 4 days ago?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=59458
Old 17 Sep 2004, 15:08 (Ref:1099424)   #17
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Is it any more hot than it was 4 days ago?

]
Oooops! Thanks Boots

Moderator please feel free to delete this thread.

Old 17 Sep 2004, 15:17 (Ref:1099436)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
The goalposts have moved significantly in this now, with JV having joined Renault and publically claimed that he wants to beat BAR for his own as well as the team's reasons.

Renault have definitely got a chance again now, although the final 3 circuits probably suit BAR slightly more, especially with Honda's home race to come, and they have a slight cushion.

Alonso will be motivated to take 4th in the table, which Montoya has in sights and Kimi could yet snatch, and Sato may need 3 good showings to secure his drive (those of us on the outside don't know for sure if he's signed), whereas JV and Jenson have less to race for.

My tip is still BAR, but not by much. What do we all think?
Old 17 Sep 2004, 15:20 (Ref:1099439)   #19
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Now JVs there its no contest. Bags of experiance and the pleasure of kicking BAR must give him the extra half second a lap.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 15:34 (Ref:1099451)   #20
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I wonder if Jaques will cut Schui of durring the race!
Old 17 Sep 2004, 16:12 (Ref:1099492)   #21
mstar
Racer

mstar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i still think the renaults are quicker then BAR in race trim the worse cicuit for them was MONZA the rest will be more to there liking, but u never know