Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 25 Oct 2004, 06:50 (Ref:1134574)   #26
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damn good race by Bessie!
After a couple of early scares, he seemed to get the hang of the car and put on a great show.
And good to hear Patrick is not seriously injured - that was a horrible crash to watch. http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23770,00.html
Old 25 Oct 2004, 17:40 (Ref:1135419)   #27
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes indeed, I thought that was the end of Patrick. Great to see he's not seriously injured.

As for the race. I couldn't belive how Paul managed to make it stick with Bourdais.
Those chaicanes are not wide enough for one car let alone two.
Geez!....how did he do that?
Old 25 Oct 2004, 17:44 (Ref:1135424)   #28
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As for the Wilson-Tagliani incident, Wilson was to blame he didn't give Tag enough room.

Well done to Junky, can't wait for Mexico city.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 17:09 (Ref:1139113)   #29
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mandretti39
I can hear the engines fine, but the commentators seemed to have their mics turned off. If I turned up the volume to hear the commentators, the cars would be so loud, you'd think there was one in my living room.
Yes, I had the same problem. Didn't really bother me though as there really isn't much the commentators can tell me that I don't already know, however when they interviewed Michel Jourdain Jr. I couldn't hear a word he said.

I was pretty irked at a few things with the TV coverage. First off the camera angles and them getting a lot of the action was actually pretty good, however it was a TAPE DELAY from Saturday, so you'd think they could of gotten some of the stuff like Tracy spinning and AJ Allmendinger pitting when he was in the lead and a few other key moments that they seemed to miss when they went to commercial break. Sure they showed a replay of Tracy's off, but why not show it as it happened? Thats the beauty of a tape delay, you can edit things around commercials, or heck they could of even taken a few random minutes of footage from the race so at the end we could have gotten more interviews and a podium and word on Patrick Carpentier. Nobody would have even noticed that they went to commericial break on lap 23 and came back on lap 26 instead of lap 25 which would have given an extra 1:30 seconds of coverage to use at the end.(thats just an example).