Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Dec 2004, 16:51 (Ref:1176334)   #1
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
James Rossiter's Bahrain race...

Did I read well ?? James finished the race 4th after starting wayyyy back ? If true he's the man of the day !!!
Old 10 Dec 2004, 17:12 (Ref:1176357)   #2
Rees
Rookie

Brazil
Sao Paulo - Brasil
Rees should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Yes, he really finished 4th

But I wonder what happened in that race, cause it's not easy to win starting from 11th too...
Team Interwetten #30
World Series by Renault 2005
Old 10 Dec 2004, 22:21 (Ref:1176601)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so who qualified 11th
Old 10 Dec 2004, 22:52 (Ref:1176626)   #4
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lewis hamilton

Last edited by flexible-flyer; 10 Dec 2004 at 22:53.
Old 11 Dec 2004, 15:20 (Ref:1177051)   #5
Tom Horley
Racer

Tom Horley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis got a really good start and went from 11th to 4th.
Old 12 Dec 2004, 10:21 (Ref:1177494)   #6
hmmmm
Rookie

hmmmm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James was lucky green would have walked had it not been for the safety car messing up.
Old 12 Dec 2004, 22:45 (Ref:1177882)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is no "luck" in finishing 4th IMO, sure without the safety car he may have finished a distant 4th, but it would still have been 4th place with a load of talented drivers behind him. Lets not take anything away from him, 4th was a great result.
Old 12 Dec 2004, 22:49 (Ref:1177884)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Absolutely.

To say it was lucky is churlish - the situation was the same for everyone - and James did a very good performance.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 18:21 (Ref:1178503)   #9
hmmmm
Rookie

Well from where i was stood his times were never that quick so i think he was lucky sorry just my oppinion and when we was talking about it in the pit lane a fair few other people said the same.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 19:01 (Ref:1178543)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, i think he was lucky too. right place right time, whereas macau seemed to be the wrong place at the wrong time.

what goes around comes around, <insert further cliches here>
Old 13 Dec 2004, 22:36 (Ref:1178754)   #11
topgirl
Rookie

topgirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know Ive said it before but I will say it again because I truly believe that Rossiter is not the fantastic driver that people seem to think he is. He was lucky to finish where he did. Maybe Ill be proved wrong about him but I hope not, his whole attitude is wrong in my opinion-theres a difference between coming across well that you believe you are good and coming across as an arrogant big-head. Unfortunately Ive only ever seen the latter in James and not the talent to go with it. If he can prove me wrong in the future I will take back what Ive said, but I do not see him changing.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 23:06 (Ref:1178776)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
your record appears to be stuck, try and change it once in a while

if you'd have seen the 2002 formula renault season you'd have seen rossiter to have the talent i think you're looking for. oh, or the donington f3 races this year (the late night ones!) for starters. get beyond the hang up you have with the image people project of themselves and look at the talent rather than what they want you to think.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 08:07 (Ref:1178941)   #13
JJ Jet Plane
Racer

JJ Jet Plane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's have a look at this rationally. Rossiter didn't do quick times – but then again he spent virtually every single lap in the races either stuck behind someone or trying to overtake them – hardly ideal conditions for setting lap records. On the other hand, Jamie Green spent virtually every lap out front, so he was obviously going to set a quicker time.

As a comparison, anyone remember the 1990 Formula Ford Festival? Dave Coyne set the 15th fastest lap of the race, because his car lacked pace and he was having to spend virtually every lap defending like mad. No-one disputed that he thoroughly deserved to win and that a brilliant racer had got what his talent warranted. No-one argued that the 14 drivers who went quicker in the final better deserved to win than Coyne.

Same goes for Rossiter's fourth in Bahrain, IMO.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 08:09 (Ref:1178944)   #14
hmmmm
Rookie

how come though that he only went from 31st on the grid to 24th (I think or there abouts) in tthe first race.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 08:14 (Ref:1178945)   #15
JJ Jet Plane
Racer

JJ Jet Plane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He went from 31st to 19th – but don't forget he only had eight laps to do it in.

I'm not an apologist for Rossiter, just stating that it is impossible to do quick lap times when you're running in traffic. And I also reckon you've got to give him credit for getting from 31st to fourth over two races – although there IS a suggestion that he jumped the final restart but didn't get spotted by the officials (unlike di Grassi).
Old 14 Dec 2004, 10:41 (Ref:1179058)   #16
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgirl
I know Ive said it before but I will say it again because I truly believe that Rossiter is not the fantastic driver that people seem to think he is.... his whole attitude is wrong in my opinion-theres a difference between coming across well that you believe you are good and coming across as an arrogant big-head.
I'm curious to know how you know James? Yes he is confident, and my first impression when I met him 2 1/2 years ago was, I admit, that he was a bit big-headed and over-confident. He is confident, because he knows he's good, but then you've got to know that if you're actually going to be a quick driver.

To me though, my impression changed as I talked to him more, and James has since come across as a nice guy who loves racing. It's refreshing to talk to him instead of other drivers sometimes, especially after a wet race, because his enthusiasm really comes through and that's something that's sadly lacking from other drivers. Some may mistake this enthusiasm for over-confidence, but I don't think he is.

Last edited by Paul Rayner; 14 Dec 2004 at 10:41.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1179185)   #17
Rees
Rookie

Brazil
Sao Paulo - Brasil
Rees should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For sure James is a good driver, and he seems to be in the right place now.
We tested in Nogaro in the end of October this year, it was nice besides the strange weather.

Last edited by Rees; 14 Dec 2004 at 13:43.
Team Interwetten #30
World Series by Renault 2005