Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Apr 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1281551)   #26
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes Indeed, the ACO should have waited and as u say Rob that is obvious to everyone now, well apart from the ACO perhaps. Maybe they will learn for next year though...
Old 18 Apr 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1281553)   #27
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've just had a thought... Looking to Magny Cours now... the LNT TVR's will be in the FIA GT race... will they have to be in British GT spec or FIA spec? I imagine there are still differences, afterall the BGT cars in comparison were pretty dam quiet in round 1 (apart from LNT and the Ultima)...
Old 18 Apr 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1281558)   #28
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Arent the British GT, GT2 cars running ACO spec regulations these days? I beleive they are, and that would therefore mean they are running to the same rules as the FIA GT series as the FIA GT series now runs to ACO regulations. Not sure about the GT3 class, but id imagine they run to the same regulations as of those in Spanish GT, FFSA etc.

Thinking about LNT - they have been knocked back by the ACO for LM, but I wonder, will they be at the Spa 24hrs? It is IMO the jewl in the crown of sportscar racing, but even if that view isnt shared widely I think we can all agree that the Spa 24hrs is the jewl in the crown of GT racing. Winning the Spa 24hrs overall is IMO a bigger achievement than a class win at LM. Not sure about a class win at Spa, but the GT2 entry should be that of one to rival the GT2 entry at LM, at least in terms of quality.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1281567)   #29
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's difficult to say. Having gone to British GT meetings, particularly in '04, could see the cars there, then some teams would enter the FIA meeting at the same circuit and the cars would be louder, as if there were some changes going on... I know BGT has always been partial to allsorts of different cars entering, so it kinda made me wonder...
Old 18 Apr 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1281590)   #30
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if this is right for this thread but can anyone confirm what happened to the works Courage yesterday, i know that JC whacked the pitlane wall on his way in which is a bit of cringer all round really, i was trying to convince myself it was not his fault as they where obviously struggling with the tyres in those conditions, next i heard he had to swerve to avoid a member of the Pesca crew who stepped back from working on a car just as JC arrived, nasty but a bit easier to explain, can anyone help me out here, thanks.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 03:24 (Ref:1281772)   #31
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
It's difficult to say. Having gone to British GT meetings, particularly in '04, could see the cars there, then some teams would enter the FIA meeting at the same circuit and the cars would be louder, as if there were some changes going on... I know BGT has always been partial to allsorts of different cars entering, so it kinda made me wonder...
I THINK that the simple answer in relation to the noise issue u mention is down purley to noise restriction levels being differnt within the 2 series. The British GT series I beleive is subject to slightly differnt noise regulations than the FIA GT/LMES. The actual technical specifcations of the BGT/FIA GT/LMES cars are the same in terms of regulations I think.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 06:56 (Ref:1281830)   #32
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk
Not sure if this is right for this thread but can anyone confirm what happened to the works Courage yesterday, i know that JC whacked the pitlane wall on his way in which is a bit of cringer all round really, i was trying to convince myself it was not his fault as they where obviously struggling with the tyres in those conditions, next i heard he had to swerve to avoid a member of the Pesca crew who stepped back from working on a car just as JC arrived, nasty but a bit easier to explain, can anyone help me out here, thanks.
It happened pretty much as you heard it. The car was struggling with the Yokohama wets anyway but the pitlane accident occured when JC had to avoid a Pescarolo mechanic who strayed in front of him.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 07:41 (Ref:1281860)   #33
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
It happened pretty much as you heard it. The car was struggling with the Yokohama wets anyway but the pitlane accident occured when JC had to avoid a Pescarolo mechanic who strayed in front of him.
Yes, this is what Vann said: link
Old 19 Apr 2005, 08:21 (Ref:1281876)   #34
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandijk
Yes, this is what Vann said: link
To add to that Sander, I'm sure I read somewhere that the tub was holed and has been written off!

(And there's me dwelling on Creation's bad luck! Courage and Jota had worse!!)
Old 19 Apr 2005, 11:12 (Ref:1281982)   #35
Laurent
Rookie

France
20 km away from Paris (France)
Laurent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pitlane in Spa is very narrow. I was in the press room when the accident occured. I was watching carefully at the tyres the Pescarolo crew was puting on the car but I didn't pay any attention to the Courage coming back. And suddenly, I saw bodywork debris everywhere !!! One of the Zyteks arrived then and had to stop to avoid these debris... I've talked to Jonathan and also to some members of the Courage team. Jonathan really had to avoid the rear left wheel mechanic of the Pescarolo. He had no choice...
Old 19 Apr 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1281992)   #36
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
In general it has been a very disappointing weekend for the Courage cars:
* the C60H had a very unlucky crash in the pit lane
* only 2 out of 6 customer C65 reached the finish in Spa (lots of technical problems) and Miracle Courage crashes in ALMS
* both in Spa and Road Atlanta Courage gets beaten in LMP2 by the new Lola
Old 19 Apr 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1282006)   #37
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can also look at the good side for Courage, their new customer turned out a great performance with the new Mazda in the back.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1282035)   #38
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster
You can also look at the good side for Courage, their new customer turned out a great performance with the new Mazda in the back.
The speed of the Courage Mazda needs to improve. The Intersport Lola B05/40 AER did 108 laps (including change of alternator belt) and a fastest lap of 1:14.242, while the Courage Mazda only did 102 laps and a fastest lap of 1:19.768.

Both are new cars so there is still some room for improvement.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1282245)   #39
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ohh, I didn't realize the times were that far off.

Did anybody get to hear the mazda in full song?
I recall Ralf saying something about it being the loudess car on track.
I can only assume that the ear bleeding was reported in as far a way as possible.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1282282)   #40
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good grief, the Mazda just came out of the box. Considering that they only really tested the car the week before the race, that is not a bad result at all. Much more to come from this car in my opinion.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1282314)   #41
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Good grief, the Mazda just came out of the box. Considering that they only really tested the car the week before the race, that is not a bad result at all. Much more to come from this car in my opinion.
I couldn't agree more...

Can't wait until Mid-Ohio to hear it, and see it for myself!!!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Apr 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1282375)   #42
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Agreed, but will the car ever be on the pace of the Intersport car? Im not so sure myself even if the engine can be made to produce enough power there is no doubt in my mind that the team will be held back by the C65 chasis - at the moment the Lola is the car of choice to have IMO. If Courage can however produce a car to compete with the new Lola then things may change, or if the B-K guys purchase a Lola. Just thinking, Miracle are doing very well of late with the C65 chasis arent they, considering the drivers the team has, in comparissan to the Intersport car they arent that far off the pace, will be interesting to see if they can make inroads into the Intersport advantage as the season progress's, my opinion is that they wont, but will be interesting to find out.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 21:13 (Ref:1282503)   #43
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Of course, we talk about the newness of the Courage/Mazda package, and that's both correct and relevant. But... the B05 is also a new package for Intersport, which of course one must assume will only get faster as both Lola and Intersport learn more about their car. One would expect more learing from Intersport, then from Miracle who have had the car for substantially longer....
Old 20 Apr 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1283171)   #44
Spiteful
Racer

Belgium
Spiteful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone seems confident that with some development, the Mazda will produce plenty of power to take the fight to the top of p2, but I'm not. I thought rotor engines were much more affected by restrictors than piston engines, though I'm not sure what the rules are in this case. Also, they are reliable enough now, but will they be when track temps get hotter and they try to squeeze more hp out of the engine?
Old 20 Apr 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1283183)   #45
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
To add to that Sander, I'm sure I read somewhere that the tub was holed and has been written off!

(And there's me dwelling on Creation's bad luck! Courage and Jota had worse!!)
You are right. That's what Vann initially said to the reporters of MotorsTV I believe.