Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1337661)   #51
curveball
Racer

United States
Michigan
curveball should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But the car has to be re-designed anyway if thats the case, so maybe later in the season we see a C25 BMW powered car on the grid? Or cant a car be designed/built that fast? If Sauber were only using the windtunnel 1/3 of a day, then with more money and labor, maybe they could build a new car in 1/2 to 1/3 the time it took to build the C24. Unrealistic?
Old 22 Jun 2005, 22:50 (Ref:1337760)   #52
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
would Williams now sign the new Concorde agreement ??

Ciao Marco
Old 22 Jun 2005, 22:50 (Ref:1337761)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is a new thread about What will happen to Williams now: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70663
Old 23 Jun 2005, 00:08 (Ref:1337816)   #54
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
The factory in Hinwil will continue to exist as a legally independent Swiss company affiliated to BMW Motorsport. To achieve the established objectives, BMW will increase the number of employees in Hinwil.

----
PS also mentioned in his press release that he was looking out for his faithful employees in Hinwil, and that they will retain their positions.
Drivers were not mentioned but Nick is almost certain to go to the new team. Massa, I can see going to Ferrari and who knows about JV. Perhaps he has some added incentive now. An impressive end to his 2005 could influence any decision along those lines, and his contract is until the end of 2006.
Silly season begins early!

For that to happen, I think the following changes need to happen in terms of drivers:

Button from BAR to Williams
Heidfeld from Williams to Sauber/BMW
Massa from Sauber/BMW to Ferrari
Barrichello from Ferrari to BAR

The trouble is that Rubens is still under contract to Ferrari, so BAR would need to find a way of releasing Rubens. They are in talks with DC at the moment, and he's out of contract at RBR at the end of the season. Perhaps they are looking towards a cheaper and arguably equivalent driver to fill Button's seat when (if) he goes to Williams.

Massa would be unlucky to lose his seat, but he is out of contract, though his manager is the son of Jean Todt, which makes things interesting. Perhaps Massa is privy to goings on at Ferrari that nobody else is outside Maranello.

If BMW want to take Heidfeld to their new team with them, that's quite simple, as he only has a 1 year deal with Williams for this season. BMW certainly have the financial clout to pay out JV, and it may be that the approach that appeals to BMW is to pay out JV, sign Massa for another season and get Heidfeld in (which would be ironic as he was originally a Mercedes driver).

It also assumes that BMW won't just simply elevate one of their own factory drivers to take a seat.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 00:52 (Ref:1337838)   #55
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well it's sink or swim time now for Dr Thiessen.

He has got what he wished and lobbied for and now is the time to put up or get out.

Part of me hopes he fails, but I like BMW and Sauber, and would like to see both do well.

The more interesting situation is now at Williams - I think I have a greater chance of flying from here to Swaziland by flapping my arms, than there is that Williams will be running BMW engines.

My feeling is their thoughts will be, "don't forget to let the door hit you on the butt on the way out". Unless it is simply unrealistic or too late for them to change, they won't run BMW engines.

I think and hope it will be either Honda, Toyota or Cosworth. Honda and Toyota would have negatives in that they already have "works" teams, and Williams could end up as nothing more than a secodary player.

They would most likely have exclusivity with Cosworth, but will the engine be worth having exclusivity to?
Old 23 Jun 2005, 01:00 (Ref:1337842)   #56
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't Minardi still powered by Cosworth next season - although I suppose that is a form of "exclusivity"!
Old 23 Jun 2005, 01:27 (Ref:1337857)   #57
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl
as for williams, losing their colours may be the least of their concerns. i think they need to find an engine supplier with the clout and name to keep tech partnerships they have developed over the past few years. i wonder what HP's reaction to all this is will be?
I think that HP will be re-considering sponsoring F1 at all, they are a US company who took a lot of major customers to watch the US 'Grand Farce', the new CEO Mark Hurd is trying to control costs by examining all sponsorship deals, and the engine situation is probably the last nail in the coffin
Old 23 Jun 2005, 01:47 (Ref:1337862)   #58
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GO BMW!!!!!

I hope they rebadge it as Team BMW next season. Sauber served it's purpose and did a very good job in the process, but it's time. Nice to see Peter Sauber stay on-line, but for BMW this is good.

Heidfeld / Coultard 2006...
Old 23 Jun 2005, 03:10 (Ref:1337894)   #59
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline
Isn't Minardi still powered by Cosworth next season - although I suppose that is a form of "exclusivity"!
Cosworth are using the V10 next year - perhaps I should have been clearer by saying "exclusive Cosworth V8".