Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Aug 2005, 23:34 (Ref:1372418)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More classic video clips from the '90s

DELETED Links to cool F1 clips.

Enjoy guys!

Last edited by Adam43; 5 Aug 2005 at 18:06. Reason: We can't have such things on teh public forum. Copyright - see FAQ
Old 4 Aug 2005, 23:42 (Ref:1372421)   #2
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't view the first one but we miss so much what we see on the second one (Is this what they used to call "overtaking" in those days)!

Thks!
Old 4 Aug 2005, 23:58 (Ref:1372430)   #3
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ill skip these i think, i was bored at my parents house earlier this week so i watched every motorsport video 89-93 i could find (there were a number of different tapes from some years)

jeez the racing looked better back then, and there appeared to be some carisma in the paddock.

although having jonathan ross doing the voice over was brilliant, Wubens baWWichelloWs name has actually never entertained me so much!
Old 5 Aug 2005, 00:16 (Ref:1372449)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini

although having jonathan ross doing the voice over was brilliant, Wubens baWWichelloWs name has actually never entertained me so much!
True JR.

As good a season we are having this year, we haven't had that hard and exciting overtaking and rivalries since that era, especially with Prost, Senna, Mansell, Schumacher, Hill fighting it out something that is greatly missed.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 00:20 (Ref:1372453)   #5
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
True JR.

As good a season we are having this year, we haven't had that hard and exciting overtaking and rivalries since that era, especially with Prost, Senna, Mansell, Schumacher, Hill fighting it out something that is greatly missed.

yep, its those sparks you know, we're missing them, we need sparks back.

some of the races were great, really close battles for the lead, with some great scraps going on further down the pack
Old 5 Aug 2005, 00:32 (Ref:1372460)   #6
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The second one is just great, I miss the old times, but with today's drivers.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 02:59 (Ref:1372505)   #7
CobraSVT
Rookie

CobraSVT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini
yep, its those sparks you know, we're missing them, we need sparks back.

some of the races were great, really close battles for the lead, with some great scraps going on further down the pack
I think the "Sparks" are also what lead to Senna's death

(the whole bottomingout thing)
but the sparks sure are cool under Prost's car

What an amazing video
F1 back then sure as hell was better then it is now
Old 5 Aug 2005, 03:53 (Ref:1372527)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
With regard Silvertstone there though. If defence like that was practiced today....it is quite possible you would be lead to believe the world is coming to an end.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 07:21 (Ref:1372585)   #9
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
With regard Silvertstone there though. If defence like that was practiced today....it is quite possible you would be lead to believe the world is coming to an end.
This is the problem with today's cars. There is no way you could get that close to the car in front without loosing grip. The cars of that era were able to ride right up to each other in a slipstream then pull out and keep grip and speed to more of a degree than you can today.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 10:34 (Ref:1372735)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
When you look at how KR was unable to get anywhere near TGF at Silverstone this year,the two clips only emphasise what is wrong with F1 today.Far too much dependance on aero to get performance from the car.Even then we complained the cars had too much downforce,with tragic results for the year after.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 12:00 (Ref:1372808)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
No problems guys..

Back to topic.

Another thing about racing over or around 10 years a go is that in those cars you could be able to do that sort of racing.
At Silverstone this year it could have been a great race, but Kimi couldn't make one single move which is some what disapointing on the car ahead I think, and he was by far a lot quicker than the cars a head.

This year the racing is good and we have a good championship battle but unfortunately not hard racing like a few years a go with Senna and Prost etc.
Although Silverstone 2003 was a great race.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1372819)   #12
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Making the cars less dependent on fine-tuned aerodynamics would improve the racing a lot.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1372881)   #13
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd love to see the Melbourne clip with the two williams going for it hammer and tongs. Or JV putting the manners on TGF at Estoril round the outside! Or pretty much any race from 1990 - 1993
Old 5 Aug 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1373069)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Get yourself over to Ebay then Sam
Old 5 Aug 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1373076)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, the FIA produced a fine series of Official Review Videos each season :
Old 5 Aug 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1373104)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, you might even find one or two of those on Ebay as well....

There is a hell of a lot of footage out there in the internet "ether" - for those who want to, you can go on Ebay and buy some fantastic footage at rock-bottom prices. I'm not advocating it particularly, I'm just noting that its there.

Like the guys who have turned their VHS footage of The Team - A Season with McLaren" into a DVD which they sell on Ebay. I don't need to buy it - I made my own......
Old 5 Aug 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1373131)   #17
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's True it has to be the Aero and the grooved tires that are keeping the drivers from passing eac other now a days. The new rules proposed for 2008 should cure this problem but thats a long, long, long time from now. I'll be done with college by then! lol

I wish the would make the changes needed now, but that would go against the Concorde agreement, but the reason those guys were able to pass was they had nice huge fat slick tires and they didnt loose control of the cars while trying to follow someone closly behind.