Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jan 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1493442)   #1
cmifsud
Racer

Australia
Australia
cmifsud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Questions about STR

Has anyone heard the finer details regarding this team for the 06 season. They can't use the RB1, because that is against current sporting regulations, so what chassis will they use? (The Ps05 perhaps??) Also, what brand of tyre will they be using,, and is the team still based in Faenza (because in a recent edition F1 Racing mag, there was a snippet on the management on RBR wanting to build a new factory in Milton keynes which would house both RBR teams).
Old 2 Jan 2006, 13:33 (Ref:1493455)   #2
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Autosport's previous reports, they are using the "STR01" which is a new chassis, and may eventually get the benefit input from Adrian Newey. I bet if you look under the skin, there will be a lot of similarities with the RB01, and some carry-over from the PS05 which had some good points too.

Other reports have muted the idea of moving both teams to one facility, not necessarily at MK, as their wind tunnel (the former Royal Airforce Establishment tunnel which is Huuuuuuge! (you could do the aero on a fullsize truck in there!)) at Thurleigh, just north of Bedford. And oddly enough the same site as the Bedford Autodrome - a non-race facility owned and operated by Jonathon Palmer's Motorsport Vision (I put that bit in for spice!). I think that Bedford Borough Council would have to seriously look at their previous nimby-isms, and welcome RBR/STR onto the site!!

What has been said in the past is that the Faenza operation is staying for now, with support from Milk'n'Beans.

However, he (Mr Red Bull himself) said that the door was always open for Gian-Carlo Minardi.....

I wish both teams the best of luck in 2006, and look forward to them moving up the road from me!! The Bedford Autodrome would offer them a fabulous testing facility too!

Rob.
Old 2 Jan 2006, 14:11 (Ref:1493473)   #3
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I don't know if they can use the PS05, I thought that Paul Stoddart did't sell those cars.
Old 2 Jan 2006, 14:16 (Ref:1493475)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I would have thought they'd go down the same path as Super Aguri and use a modded PS05 for the first few races,then at their home GP (Imola) use a different but bearly indistinguishable RB02 chassis.
Old 2 Jan 2006, 14:18 (Ref:1493476)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster
I don't know if they can use the PS05, I thought that Paul Stoddart did't sell those cars.
They were sold with the team,then he sold the Arrows to Super Aguri,What a guy!
Old 2 Jan 2006, 19:53 (Ref:1493633)   #6
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
(cough) RB1 in drag (cough)