Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 13 Jan 2006, 18:16 (Ref:1500643)   #1
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gardner Douglas T70

I saw this car at the Autosport Racing Show near the Z cars stand and I fell in love straight away. I like the lines, the fact it is a back to basics car and the fact its based on an old Lola design from the 60's with a few modern tweaks yet having the old quirks too. It also could come with a V8 with up to 650bhp! Thats insane in a car weighing about 800kg (probably more depending on spec) and the seats look comfy too. I wish I could afford one!

Anyone else like it?

http://www.gdcars.com/gdt70/gdt70_index.htm
Old 13 Jan 2006, 18:34 (Ref:1500655)   #2
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gardner Douglas have been making fake-snakes for many years and have a very good reputation so it should be a winner in that respect.
I read in Motorsport magazine that Lola are doing a limited run of T70's but they're probably much more expensive than the GD car.
Old 13 Jan 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1500802)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It is a winner on the track and also the dog's doo dahs. It is on my list of cars I fell in love with at ASI today.
Old 13 Jan 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1500837)   #4
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle
Gardner Douglas have been making fake-snakes for many years and have a very good reputation so it should be a winner in that respect.
I read in Motorsport magazine that Lola are doing a limited run of T70's but they're probably much more expensive than the GD car.
Well actually I saw the unveiling with the continuation of an original design (forget the number, too much red wine, I think it was Type 38B) and the original designer (bloody forgot his name too, damn the wine) was there to unveil the car. Good ceremony too with funny anecdotes, and watch for me on TV as I was stood in front of the camera!
Old 13 Jan 2006, 22:15 (Ref:1500847)   #5
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
(damn double post!)

I forgot to mention that it was in orange, which suited it and had a clever touch with the black stripes in exposed carbon fibre. Looked great and stood out, and (IMO) unlike the Focus ST, the colour suited it!
Old 15 Jan 2006, 20:33 (Ref:1501869)   #6
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The GD-T70 has earned itself a place in my ever evolving "Lottery Win Garage", painted in a Donohue-esque Sonoco blue colour scheme and with an LS-7 lump in the back.