Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 3 Oct 2001, 06:59 (Ref:155173)   #1
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which is the best kart in the world today

I was wondering just which was the best kart in the world today.Is it Tony Kart, Top Kart, Azzuro just to name a few.
hope yous can help
regards the man
Old 4 Oct 2001, 02:35 (Ref:155657)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I think they are all pretty good and it depends on which kart suits you the best i guess.

but personally i think Tony Kart are right up there as is Australian manufacturer Arrow..allthough i dont think there is any arrows competing at world level.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 22:23 (Ref:156036)   #3
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from the 2001 Australian Nationals

Arrow 5 wins
Mike Wilson 2 wins
Tony Kart 1 win
CRG 1 win
Dino 1 win
Azzuro 1 win

Make of it what you will. Is it the karts or the teams and drivers?

Certainly there is a good spread of makes represented.

Arrow were the most popular brand with 20% of entries followed by Azzuro, Tony Kart, CRG and Monaco.

Last edited by philneast; 4 Oct 2001 at 22:24.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 00:55 (Ref:156101)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
out of curiosity does anybody have any idea just how many kart manufacturers in the world there would be????
Old 5 Oct 2001, 16:20 (Ref:156323)   #5
yelodwg
Racer

United States
Arnold, CA, USA
yelodwg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcus, we have 91 manufacturers listed so far on our site with lots to go. I would say around 200, probably more. I add about 2-3 per week, so I will have a better idea in 6 months. Then there are a lot of Mfrs. who don't have websites.

With that said, the number would be somewhat less if you are talking about "actual" manufacturers. Some "Manufacturers" have their chassis made by a first-in-line manufacturer, for example, Paul Tracy had his karts made by Mike Wilson (Rakima), now CRG. Or Parolin makes Energy.

Tom Stephens
www.kartfinder.com
Old 6 Oct 2001, 00:10 (Ref:156547)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
200 !!!! wow thats a heck of alot ..i had no idea there would be that many..and i guess there are the guys who throw a kart together in their backyard but not really be considered a manufacturer..(add another 100 I would say)

well with that in mind ..seems karting has a very strong foundation that will keep it healthy for years to come
Old 6 Oct 2001, 00:26 (Ref:156556)   #7
yelodwg
Racer

United States
Arnold, CA, USA
Hi Marcus, I was surprised too. When I first started doing this, I figured maybe 75-80. But when I think about it, it's about the cheapest form of racing and that enables lots of people to be involved on all levels, including manufacturing.
I bet you're right about the "backyarders", some will someday become mainstream.

Tom
Old 31 Oct 2001, 06:31 (Ref:167785)   #8
the man
Veteran

thanks for all yourhelp . Around the world has Arrow been winning most races around the world? Did anyone hear about Michael Shumacher back in Karts in the wet? He missed the start because he was talking and ran off i think but still came 3rd.
Thanks
The Man
Old 31 Oct 2001, 15:39 (Ref:167928)   #9
yelodwg
Racer

United States
Arnold, CA, USA
The Man, I can't answer your question as to whether Arrow has been winning most races around the world. But I am curious as to why you want to know. Are you looking for a chassis for yourself?

I am wondering, as I have been looking to get an Arrow myself, although I am looking at other criteria than how it it doing worldwide.

Tom Stephens
www.kartfinder.com
Old 1 Nov 2001, 01:07 (Ref:168188)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I dont know about around the world but here in Australia Aroow is definately one of the most successfull karts ..but overseas im not so sure.
Old 1 Nov 2001, 09:29 (Ref:168254)   #11
the man
Veteran

Yeah i am trying to find a arrow chassis because i am trying to get into karting and finding the best kart. Tom you race karts too. I would have to say 200 kart makers are a lot,That is an eye catcher.
Thanks
The Man
Old 1 Nov 2001, 13:30 (Ref:168322)   #12
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
well.

Im not sure if I have spoken to you about it before "the man" but I have an AX6 sitting in my shed not doing anything that is for sale ..and going cheaply too I might add..If your interested give me a yell and we may be able to sort something out.

CHEERS
Marcus
Old 1 Nov 2001, 16:58 (Ref:168383)   #13
yelodwg
Racer

United States
Arnold, CA, USA
The Man, what I wanted to tell you is that at our track, the Arrow is hot but that is not the only criteria for you. You need to determine what track(s) you will be running at and see what chassis they have running there and what dealers there are around in your close proximity who will give you support. Or maybe it will just be the other racers of those particular chassis who will offer you help.

The bottom line is that while Tony and Arrow and CRG and... may be fantastic karts, if they are not at your track and/or there is low dealer support in that area for those chassis, you might be better off to pick another one.

Now if the Arrow is at your track, you won't go wrong with one! So as to further confuse you, the Arrow comes with a manual which can help you set the chassis up yourself...just in case you say "to heck with it, I'll be the first to have an Arrow at my track".

Why in the world ALL the manufacturers don't have a manual for their chassis is another subject!

My 2 cents

Tom Stephens
www.kartfinder.com
Old 2 Nov 2001, 10:51 (Ref:168670)   #14
the man
Veteran

Well I have been looking at Nort Shore Karting club based at Eatern Creek Karts. I have also looked at the Sydney Kart club based at Oran Park. I know at Eastern Creek they have a lot of Top Karts there, But i am not to sure about Oran Park but. I know at Oran Park they have
4 Chapionship rounds while at Eastern Creek they have a lot.
Thanks for all your help so far
The Man
Old 4 Nov 2001, 08:43 (Ref:169554)   #15
the man
Veteran

i was just wondering,if i bought a kart with Yamaha 100s motor but i not able to run in that class and the class i are able to run in takes a Yamaha 100J motor do i have to buy everything to do with that motor or just the engine?
Thanks The Man
Old 4 Nov 2001, 12:02 (Ref:169619)   #16
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I think our Tamanian member Phil east will be able to answer any specifix questions you have the man as he runs a J down there but i believe the pipes are different from an S motor so that is one difference that you will also need to buy.

what class are you planning to get into?
Old 5 Nov 2001, 03:53 (Ref:169990)   #17
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you called,

Just got back into the swing of things after a hard weekend at the Tassie Titles. Lots of mainlanders getting a look at the home of the 2002 nationals.

The J does run a specific control pipe from Powermac, and the control tyres are different. The J's use a Dunlop.

The ignition module is different too.

The frame itself may not be suitable for a J. Clubmans produce a lot more power and have softer tyres, and some clubman frames, particularly for the heavier classes can be too stiff for a J. Take a look at some of the Clubman Super Heavy guys.

The slower J requires a fairly felexible frame to get enough movement to unload the inside back wheel, no diff remember.

The best size rear axle may be different too. The trend in faster classes is for 40mm and more, while in J's the more flexible 30mm still seems to work pretty well. We run a 30 on our Kali and the lady who drives for the local arrow dealer also runs a 30, a past state champion in a J light class.

I was talking to a karter who is even newer to the sport than I am and he was very slow. He had a very beeefy ex clubman frame with a J motor.

Last edited by philneast; 5 Nov 2001 at 03:54.