Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 30 Oct 2006, 15:09 (Ref:1753637)   #1
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No British GT & F3 in Ireland in '07

I was just on the British F3 & GT site and the provisional calendar does not include Mondello Park.

It appears that they have struck a deal to race at MSV circuits and it appears Mondello has been given the elbow as a result. A huge pity in my oppinion.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 15:21 (Ref:1753642)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And for the second year running the supposed BRITISH championship and series aren't coming to Scotland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They really need to change the name unless they actually start taking rounds around all of Britain and not just England and overseas.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 22:32 (Ref:1753927)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does seem strange that a British series goes to various bits of Europe, but not every bit of Britain.

Shame about Mondello, I was eyeing that as a possible visit next year.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1753932)   #4
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought they had fallen out with JP and weren't racing at MSV circuits?!
Old 30 Oct 2006, 22:57 (Ref:1753946)   #5
outflat
Racer

outflat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A deal's been done
Old 30 Oct 2006, 23:15 (Ref:1753954)   #6
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently so.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1754155)   #7
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should go to Kirkistown, Knockhill and Pembrey/Anglesey...
Old 31 Oct 2006, 14:18 (Ref:1754461)   #8
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kirkistown would be brilliant for an F3/GT round! Unfortunatley they can only run on a Saturday so that puts an end to that.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 14:28 (Ref:1754467)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
there's also the lack of garages - I don't know if that's an issue?
Old 31 Oct 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1754514)   #10
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
there's also the lack of garages - I don't know if that's an issue?
There are no garages at Knockhill either, but that hasn't stopped a wide variety of series going there....including F3/GT in the past.

Of Kirkistown, I don't think the circuit itself is up to MSA standards for F3 or GT.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 31 Oct 2006 at 15:49.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 23:06 (Ref:1754820)   #11
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is it that they run the northern 100 bike races? They should run the GT's there!!

That'll sort em out. They won't need garages, they can use the ones attached to the houses on the route.

I agree its a shame that the so called British series doesn't venture to all parts of the UK. A street race in Lerwick perhaps?

Rob.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 23:15 (Ref:1754827)   #12
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme
They should go to Kirkistown, Knockhill and Pembrey/Anglesey...
I don't think that garages aren't of critical importance in allocating F3/GT dates for as I understand it, the package would still be at Combe if it wasn't for the noise problems and as a previous post states, hasn't been an issue at Knockhill. With regard to Kirkistown, would it be possible to run the meeting on Saturday, with racing on a Bank Holiday Monday, as the Oulton date was run this year? That said a round there is probably wishful thinking, which is a bit of a pity.

With regard to Pembrey/Anglesey, I suspect that as Pembrey would lose a lot of their F3 testing as a result of holding a race, it probably isn't financially worthwhile to hold a meeting. The new Anglesey on the other hand....
Old 1 Nov 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1755330)   #13
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
F3 used to race at Combe with no garages as well.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 15:18 (Ref:1755362)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
going back to the original post that started this thread... why *is* it such a pity that they're not at mondello next year? i doubt more than 50 people paid to get in when i went in 2005, and the circuit doesn't suit f3 or gt cars.

i'm sure it's great for anything smaller, but it was like the old flying a spitfire round the living room cliche.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1755430)   #15
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They did used to race F5000 cars around the shorter 1.24 mile Mondello in the 1970s, F3s and GTs can get around it.

Circuits do come in all varieties and Mondello's got its own challenges. As the last few BTCC events have proven, its made for some fabulous entertainment to boot.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 00:37 (Ref:1755791)   #16
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pembrey might get the F3s if the rumours are to be beilived - however I think they're based on the circuit being extended.

The same rumours also speak of BTCC returning, and the airport taking over the full length of the runway - destroying the circuit, so I wouldn't pay much attention to them.

Regards to Mondello. Bugger. I was looking forward to that!!
Old 2 Nov 2006, 07:13 (Ref:1755927)   #17
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
going back to the original post that started this thread... why *is* it such a pity that they're not at mondello next year? i doubt more than 50 people paid to get in when i went in 2005, and the circuit doesn't suit f3 or gt cars.

i'm sure it's great for anything smaller, but it was like the old flying a spitfire round the living room cliche.
I think thats an un-fair statement about Mondello. We ran EuroBOSS around it only 2 months ago and we didn't hear any complaints.

Mondello has plenty to offer F3 and GT. I honestly hope that the two classes arn't getting to big for their own boots and starting to insist on only the finest of modern circuits. Otherwise it will become as sanitised as F1.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 08:34 (Ref:1755971)   #18
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
To be honest, the F3/GTs don't do much for me - it was always a "duty gig" marshalling-wise. So I'm not going to pretend I'm worried. Before anyone gets up in arms, there's nothing wrong with them - the racing just doesn't really appeal to me!

That being said, they didn't seem to be having any difficulties at Mondello. It seems to me that every time someone has a bad weekend at Mondello, they blame the track.

The point of Mondello is that it's a technical circuit. So you'll get lots of good drivers who enjoy it - and some who are slightly less talented - but fast on a less demanding circuit - and therefore hate it.

If all you're interested in is speed - rather than driving skill and interesting racing - then sure, Mondello is not going to be a good circuit. Take them to Rockingham and stick them on the oval.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 09:21 (Ref:1756005)   #19
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let's face it, there is no real reason for F3/GT to go to Ireland any more than any other non-British circuit.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1756026)   #20
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Well what's a "reason" for going anywhere?

As I said, I don't really mind that they're not coming to Mondello - I know many will be disappointed though.