Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 20 Jan 2007, 12:59 (Ref:1820253)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see this...

Imagine there was a NASCAR Road Racing Series, it would be so cool!
I was messing around with my own custom calendar on NASCAR 06 and got all the road tracks together, it was an interesting season. If they did this in real life, they should use the Road course versions of ovals and some more american road courses, or even a street race. What do you think?
Old 20 Jan 2007, 13:06 (Ref:1820263)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I love ovals so wouldn't want to see too many lost.

But some ovals are ran on twice that I don't really like, so perhaps they could stick a road course or two in somewhere.

But I'm easy either way really!
Old 20 Jan 2007, 14:15 (Ref:1820318)   #3
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I HATE it with a passion when Nascar goes to a road course! Ok so have seen some cracking races, but normally they do nothing for me and much, much prefer NASCAR on the oval.
Old 20 Jan 2007, 14:19 (Ref:1820322)   #4
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The top Road Courses, IMO, in North America are in no particular order:

1. laguna Seca
2. Road America
3. Virginia Intl. Raceway
4. Mosport
5. Mid-Ohio
6. Watkins Glen
7. Sears Point

Street Courses are not one of my favorite forms of racing.
Old 20 Jan 2007, 14:26 (Ref:1820325)   #5
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i think that nascar should have a couple more road course races, maybe sebring and a street track :P
Old 20 Jan 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1820405)   #6
CampDaddy1990
Rookie

United States
Westville, Illinois
CampDaddy1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For some reason, Watkins Glen is one of my favorite tracks in NASCAR, and would be my all-time favorite if they got rid of that chicane at the end of the backstretch.

-Ken Squier announcing the 1979 Daytona 500
Old 20 Jan 2007, 22:00 (Ref:1820533)   #7
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NASCAR should replace all the second dates at 2 race tracks (other than Bristol. Bristol is the best track in NASCAR, and NASCAR should step away from cookie cutters and have more races on short tracks) with an F1 support event (Indy Road, unless it moves), Laguna Seca, as seen as it will be raced by Busch Ile de Notre Dame (take the cup to Canada) and maybe another road course. If you want a nominal street circuit, give the North-east another date - a Foxboro street circuit - if possible (IIRC the stadium has a very wide hole) using Gillette stadium in some way - if the hole is wide enough use it as part of the track and if it isn't pop some big screens in there.
Old 20 Jan 2007, 22:58 (Ref:1820575)   #8
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaddy1990
For some reason, Watkins Glen is one of my favorite tracks in NASCAR, and would be my all-time favorite if they got rid of that chicane at the end of the backstretch.
Rember NASCAR uses the short course at WG, not the full course down the boot and back up.
Old 20 Jan 2007, 22:59 (Ref:1820577)   #9
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not
The top Road Courses, IMO, in North America are in no particular order:

1. laguna Seca
2. Road America
4. Mosport
5. Mid-Ohio
6. Watkins Glen
7. Sears Point

Street Courses are not one of my favorite forms of racing.
Good Choices.

Sebring and Road Atlanta would make it 9.
Old 20 Jan 2007, 23:05 (Ref:1820579)   #10
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Road Atlanta is a fantastic circuit, went there for the first time last year (however am biased as knowledge of other American road circuits is based on TV coverage / internet information / etc etc!).

Seriously though, can you actually seeing it being suitable for NASCAR? Personally, I can't...
Old 23 Jan 2007, 19:38 (Ref:1824025)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NASCAR road race great action I like them at times, just they can't have more then three cautions, I'd hate to see the yellow flag laps fests like the Busch series has on the ovals..
Old 24 Jan 2007, 17:00 (Ref:1824872)   #12
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should have a different set of rules for road courses and on an Oval, if a car spins, then yellow flags should only come out if they are on the racing line or anywhere near, not if they have spun down to the infeild.
Old 24 Jan 2007, 22:39 (Ref:1825235)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A yellow must be brought out ass a precaution on an oval even with infield spins.

Leave the green out...wonder what caused that spin? Was it oil? Too late, someone has crashed on it.

Road courses are a different matter. I do wonder why they throw yellows on those circuits for every incident. It happens in all American series, not just NASCAR. But hey, that's racing over there I guess!
Old 25 Jan 2007, 20:12 (Ref:1825930)   #14
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Buying H-doujins in Los Angeles, CA
chemhead1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
A yellow must be brought out ass a precaution on an oval even with infield spins.

Leave the green out...wonder what caused that spin? Was it oil? Too late, someone has crashed on it.

Road courses are a different matter. I do wonder why they throw yellows on those circuits for every incident. It happens in all American series, not just NASCAR. But hey, that's racing over there I guess!
The sad part is it is true. I realized this during the '05 Canadian GP when JPM got penalized for ignoring the light at the end of the pitlane, the entire time I was yelling at the TV "Come on! At least close the pitlane until you get the positions sorted out!" Which in oval series takes about a lap or 2 (depending on the mess). Unfortunately, after 2 SC laps in F1, people will start to snooze. America: Too many damned cautions. Europe: Not enough?
Old 26 Jan 2007, 13:47 (Ref:1826507)   #15
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I beleive they always go full course caution on road courses because that's all they have, ie: there is no such things as local yellows in Nascar, *but* I think that may have changed lately.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 26 Jan 2007, 13:55 (Ref:1826514)   #16
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not
I first saw a race on VIR about 6 months ago, I liked that track alot, the particular race (some sort of GT/Sportscars) was pretty good too so that helped..

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock