Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 24 Feb 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1850640)   #51
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nordic think your right.......
Old 4 Mar 2007, 16:11 (Ref:1858005)   #52
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I say, I have to say many thanks to Glyn Parham for that photo of Keegan nurfing us off at Paddock (the TOJ)! I hadn't anything that recorded the moment.
I do remember being bloody annoyed about it; a. we were going to get half a result for the 2 litre car along with prize money, but b. really it was such a shame for the owners/sponsors of the TOJ at this GP back up race, who'd had faith in what we told them we could do with a handy 2 litre in that series. All because of a misjudgement from an ex-F1 playboy, stuipid arse.
We could ill-afford the repair bill and I think it led to an early curtailment of fun with the TOJ. Such a shame, big crowds and kudos for our sponsors; captured on TV though I was told.
We were having a good race too. I think Foulston JUST came out of the pits ahead of us after his driver change, so we really had kept them honest with maybe 10 - 12 laps left, though no question, he then just cleared off and I had Keegan rapidly closing.
One treasured bit I recall was the very first round of Thundersport at Brands in 83 when we were beaten only by Dr. Siggi Brunn and Derek Bell in one of Siggi’s remade 908/3. I got to know him well, a lovely and excentric German, and he did a wonderful job with one of the nicest racing Porsches of all time.
In that first race I think as expected he got off the rolling start better than I and led into Paddock only to slide wide on cold tyres which let me in up the hill to Druids. The lead didn’t last long, but he still remembers it!
Old 4 Mar 2007, 22:07 (Ref:1858427)   #53
glyn parham
Racer

United Kingdom
Strood
glyn parham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello to John and amicalemans.

John.

That photo is one of several I took of the cool, calm and collected Mr Keegan deperately trying to punt you into the grandstand at Paddock, if you PM me your private email address I am happy to copy them to you, you may wish to add Ruperts photo to a dart board as well!

amicalemans.

I have only just noticed your request for photos of the ADA, can you PM your email address as well and I will send you copies of the photos I took at Brands that day.

Glyn
Old 6 Mar 2007, 08:10 (Ref:1859570)   #54
AMICALEMANS
Racer

France
AMICALEMANS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Glyn, i gave you my email adress for the pic !
Just look at the thread below, and you will understand why i am looking for a pic of this car.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=58443&page=8

Was the car an open seater ? I hope so, it will mean that it was the De Cadenet from Le Mans 1981 (The Belga car)