Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Oct 2007, 00:28 (Ref:2027439)   #1
cooperclimax
Rookie

cooperclimax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMES on TV in the US

Hope I'm not repeating old news,but beginning on Nov. 12,SPEED will be showing one (1) hour highlight shows of each event. The following events will be shown on each of the following Mondays. 1500 is the time in the US. It's not the full deal,but it beats watching NECKCAR crap.

Mark
Old 1 Oct 2007, 01:32 (Ref:2027461)   #2
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
**** off with the NASCAR bashing.

I don't really tune into the LMES events, due to the time they are aired, and the usually ****ty quality they are broadcasted in. Good to know SPEED is doing all their usual winter programming again though!
Old 1 Oct 2007, 03:28 (Ref:2027502)   #3
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't even stand Speed anymore. All they show is NASCAR
Old 1 Oct 2007, 06:13 (Ref:2027559)   #4
Maxwell Murder
Rookie

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
Maxwell Murder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
I can't even stand Speed anymore. All they show is NASCAR
Atleast you've got a TV station dedicated to motorsport. You should consider yourself lucky!
Old 1 Oct 2007, 15:19 (Ref:2027991)   #5
cooperclimax
Rookie

cooperclimax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMES on TV in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
**** off with the NASCAR bashing.

I don't really tune into the LMES events, due to the time they are aired, and the usually ****ty quality they are broadcasted in. Good to know SPEED is doing all their usual winter programming again though!
Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of their deep-fried Bud can. Last time I looked,we could all give a opinion without someone getting their attachments in a bind.

Mark
Old 1 Oct 2007, 15:40 (Ref:2028002)   #6
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperclimax
Hope I'm not repeating old news,but beginning on Nov. 12,SPEED will be showing one (1) hour highlight shows of each event. The following events will be shown on each of the following Mondays. 1500 is the time in the US. It's not the full deal,but it beats watching NECKCAR crap.

Mark
What a truly horrid production these have been in the past! While I enjoy the ability to at least get a glimpse of the LMS running it is truly a misbegotten show in its quality. With all the time available to work on these shows you would think that the LMS would/could produce real gems rather than the mediocre product that they do. Get some one (like Hindy) to do a decent voice over of a quality edited piece. Is Hindy that expensive?? Well enough of the rant for now.

L.P.

ps. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 1 Oct 2007, 16:39 (Ref:2028062)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Put the NASCAR and LMS handbags down, it isn't the type of 10-10ths discussion we want. The important thing for the Sportscar forum is that Speed are showing our bit of motorsport. HORNDAWG, thanks for dragging the thread back!

I do wonder why Speed (or Motors over here) don't just grab Hindy and RLM feed for all the coverage of LM and other races (if available). It saves on resources/costs and improves quality!
Old 1 Oct 2007, 17:08 (Ref:2028105)   #8
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They could use the original commentary?
or edits of it?
Old 1 Oct 2007, 17:23 (Ref:2028116)   #9
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
What a truly horrid production these have been in the past! While I enjoy the ability to at least get a glimpse of the LMS running it is truly a misbegotten show in its quality. With all the time available to work on these shows you would think that the LMS would/could produce real gems rather than the mediocre product that they do. Get some one (like Hindy) to do a decent voice over of a quality edited piece. Is Hindy that expensive?? Well enough of the rant for now.

L.P.

ps. Thanks for the heads-up!
I agree with Horndawgy. The ORIGINAL commentary are horrendous. Some time you could not be sure what language they were speaking, let alone the use constant use of analogies, and poor mouthing the drivers.

Voice over would be the only way. plus with an hour of TV time, there was less then 15 min of footage of the race.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 18:55 (Ref:2028193)   #10
Sportscarguy08
Racer

Sportscarguy08 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well for those interested in coverage of these series not on tv in the states or other places please PM myself and i will guide you in the right direction.