Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 7 Jan 2002, 17:30 (Ref:194961)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
FIA Speedweekend

Now, we all know that there's an FIA Speedweekend at Silverstone 0n 4th-64h May this year but a little bird tells me that they will be returning later in the year for a second meeting on the 5th-6th October at Donington.

Has anyone heard about this, and if it is going ahead, is anyone up for a trip up ? Apart from the fact it is hideously expensive, it might be worth having a look The best bit from my point of view is that I get a chance to see the touring cars as I cannot attend the Sunday at Silverstone due to a clashing BTCC round and would probably end up missing them...
Old 7 Jan 2002, 17:34 (Ref:194965)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Aha... it's true! Just looked on the Donny website No mention of ticket pricing though... I presume it will be similar to the Silverstone round last year ?
Old 7 Jan 2002, 19:05 (Ref:195042)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
It's mentioned in this weeks' Autosport as a possible, apparantly the GT calendar is all a bit provisional at the mo. I wouldn't take Donington's website as any sort of confirmation (see last year's DTM) but fingers crossed.

From Rick's post it looks like the V6 Clios are supporting the GTs the rest of the year so does that mean GTs ETCC and V6s. Bonus
Old 7 Jan 2002, 21:40 (Ref:195178)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
My fingers are definately crossed... especially if we get another round of the V6 Clio series too...
Old 8 Jan 2002, 14:00 (Ref:195452)   #5
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much would it hack the Italians off to have TWO V6 rounds in the UK????????

Gotta love it...

RickP
Old 10 Jan 2002, 13:32 (Ref:196529)   #6
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Silverstone round of the Fia GT's is now on Saturday afternoon/evening, (racing into the dark??) with a PI round on the Sunday.

I expect more people will show for the PI race than the Fia Gt's, as what happened when the ALMS visited 2 years ago.
Old 10 Jan 2002, 14:31 (Ref:196550)   #7
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never!
Everyone will be coming on Saturday to see the V6 Clios!!!
RickP
Old 10 Jan 2002, 19:34 (Ref:196722)   #8
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have also heard from another mate that he will be racing a Lamborghinis there - says on the 5th?
Old 10 Jan 2002, 20:00 (Ref:196730)   #9
Takuma
Racer

Takuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, what is a PI race???

Also Brithsh F3's have been moved to this weekend, giving them a championship round on the full GP circuit.
Old 10 Jan 2002, 20:33 (Ref:196745)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
PI = Priviledge Insurance, as in British GT Championship
Old 17 Jan 2002, 13:13 (Ref:200097)   #11
Veteran

England
Zurich
OK

I have just spoken to Donny about this and IT IS A CONFIRMED date.

They are expecting the entire Eurosport Super Racing Weekend package including FIA GT's and ETCC

This would also mean the Clio V6's will return!!!

I have also checked the Valencia website (which was pencilled in for that weekend) and there is no fixture listed!!!

Wey hey!!!

RickP
Old 17 Jan 2002, 13:37 (Ref:200108)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Excellent!! I'm there...

NTW Rick, just how many rounds of the Clios are you intending to do this year ? Autosport have you and Paul down as doing the full season...!? What about the Britcar thing ?
Old 17 Jan 2002, 13:52 (Ref:200116)   #13
Veteran

England
Zurich
The cost of the Enduro thing was getting silly, we decided we'd get a better return doing the V6's since we had the cars and once we saw the Championship was going to be on Eurosport and supporting the GT's...

Still hoping to find a budget to do TOCA but hopes are fading and to be honest I am more excited about the prospects of kicking some Italian b*tt to make up for all the times I got mine kicked last year...

So far the plan is:

15,16,17th March Valencia warm weather testing (how flash??)
20 April Magny Cours
4 May Silverstone
26 May Monaco (assuming qualification)
1 June Zandvoort (SKIP wedding!)
29 June Anderstorp (SKIP Budget limitations)
13 July Lausitzring (SKIP Budget)
3 Aug Spa
21 Sep Enna (SKIP Budget)
4 Oct Donington
19 Oct Estoril (Budget permitting)

The item in Autosport was unofficial (as you can tell by them calling me Clio Champion) and the above is the current state of play.

We are currently working hard to raise the budget to do the other rounds and maybe even complete the season (bar Zandvoort!!)

Cheers

RickP
Old 17 Jan 2002, 14:06 (Ref:200121)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Yeah, figured it wasn't from a press release when I saw the champion bit... and it also missed the customary 'Fulham based Rick Pearson' bit too... Thanks for the update.
Old 17 Jan 2002, 18:02 (Ref:200248)   #15
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well this all sounds excellent, I quite fancy watching a bunch of mid-engined shopping trolleys, so I guess I'll be there
Old 21 Jan 2002, 18:54 (Ref:202239)   #16
redshoes
Veteran

From the SRW newsletter..
Quote:
The second season of the Eurosport Super Racing weekends will start at Magny Cours, France on April 21st 2002. The FIA GT Championship and the FIA European Touring Car Championship will be joined by the Renault Formula 2000 Eurocup, the Renault Clio V6 Trophy and the Lamborghini GTR Supertrophy. The season will consist of ten events, including the FIA GT Championship's flagship, the Proximus 24 Hours of Spa, which becomes part of the Eurosport Super Racing Weekends for the first time.
Lambos are ok-ish, FRenault , Clios
Old 21 Jan 2002, 19:23 (Ref:202265)   #17
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
way-heh excellent - two mates racing in the same meeting.
Rick in the V6
Nick Leason in the Lambo

Old 21 Jan 2002, 23:11 (Ref:202457)   #18
BAR Babe
Racer

BAR Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RickP:Clio51

15,16,17th March Valencia warm weather testing (how flash??)
Well I'm sorry but i'm going to have to pick up on that one!
How flash you say? more like how bl**dy jammy....
Mr P has scored his birthday in Valencia.
Right. As if THAT wasn't going to be just a coincidence!!!
Old 22 Jan 2002, 08:04 (Ref:202591)   #19
Veteran

England
Zurich
"And here we are in Magny-Cours"
"And here we are in Silverstone"
"And here we are in Monaco"
"And here we are in Spa!"

Not at all excited? Me?

Great info Reds, is there anything more in this newsletter? Where can I find a copy?

Unbelievably BARby, the Valencia test has been booked up by one of the German Clio teams (errr not at all flash booking Valencia FOR THEIR PRIVATE USE for 3 days huh?) so no doubt they have their towels on all the best pit wall locations already, err no sorry, so actually they offered for us to go and play with them (guess they wanted target practice...) and the dates coincided with my (30th! yes really, well that's what it'll say in the press releases because my press officer is a star...) birthday.

What a miserable way to spend my birthday huh? A little mediterranean sunshine and food, a great circuit and 7 hours testing a day to learn my way around the V6 beast...

Rick"Oh, we're all off to sunny Spain"P
Old 22 Jan 2002, 11:16 (Ref:202631)   #20
cool_runnings8
Racer

cool_runnings8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, figured it wasn't from a press release when I saw the champion bit... and it also missed the customary 'Fulham based Rick Pearson' bit too...
whaddaya mean customary? cheek. (It always works though, LNG publish every time )

Quote:
and the dates coincided with my (30th! yes really, well that's what it'll say in the press releases because my press officer is a star...) birthday.
30th???? No comment.
Old 22 Jan 2002, 18:28 (Ref:202814)   #21
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by RickP:Clio51
Great info Reds, is there anything more in this newsletter? Where can I find a copy?
It's from their media office. Just GT and ETCC stuff really. If you want a copy PM me, don't think I've got your email.
Old 22 Jan 2002, 20:11 (Ref:202868)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
warm weather testing, grumble. only a few degrees warmer, i keep telling everyone. bloody well above zero, grumble. minus 30 windchill here, grumble.

and your birthday and all, well, that's just not fair at all... guranteed it'll be snowing for mine at oulton.

i hope for your sake you're not testing the day after your birthday...
Old 22 Jan 2002, 21:15 (Ref:202899)   #23
BAR Babe
Racer

BAR Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bella - its the 15th so he is driving the day after!!!

Rick - I thought it was the Italians wanted target practice with you not the Germans! Have you been upsetting MORE people now?!

God i'm jealous. warm weather. beats this sitting at silverstone lark freezing parts of your body off. hmmm. love it though!
Old 23 Jan 2002, 07:27 (Ref:203048)   #24
Veteran

England
Zurich
"Oh we're all off to sunny Spain, Viva Espana!"

BARby: Anyone will push anyone else off in the V6's. It tends to be the Italians hit the French and the English, the French hit the Italians back while I used to just push off a German to get it out of my system (cunning plan as they don't tend to speak many foreign languages bar English and so have a really tough time protesting you!)

Bella: Sadly since I have already celebrated my 30th twice in very alcoholic fashion I doubt I'll be too worried about getting plastered again this year...

All: Just had confirmation of the calender from Renault! Will post the whole thing on the appropriate post BUT DONINGTON IS ON IT!!!!

2 rounds of the V6 in the UK in 2002! The Clerks of the Course won't know what's hit them!

RickP"Wearing his Union Jack waistcoat"