Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 16 Apr 2008, 10:17 (Ref:2178716)   #1
al_sami
Racer

Bahrain
London
al_sami is a back marker
Transponder type help needed

I need to buy a transponder, can anyone tell me if this is the correct one?

http://www.hssports.co.uk/product.php?prod_id=31#
Old 16 Apr 2008, 11:38 (Ref:2178792)   #2
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMB transponders is what most tracks and promotors use
Old 16 Apr 2008, 11:44 (Ref:2178804)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks like mine but check with MST or whatever their name is now.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 12:17 (Ref:2178834)   #4
Tick Tock Man
Rookie

Tick Tock Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the correct one.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2178841)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
That's the right one but to be doubly sure why not go here http://www.tsl-timing.com/?loc=transponders for the absolute definitive only £8 dearer one.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:01 (Ref:2179006)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like the one I bought three years ago[you know,when we all had to buy one],best to have the wired one,you dont leave them at home on the charger.------------------Oh,and if you need one that works at Spa,thats not what you need!
Old 16 Apr 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2179093)   #7
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=TRANSPONDERS
We had this little conversation the other week.
Still a question mark about Spa as some used their normal ones last year !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Apr 2008, 17:24 (Ref:2179097)   #8
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=TRANSPONDERS
We had this little conversation the other week.
Still a question mark about Spa as some used their normal ones last year !
At the Six hour didn't we have to borrow theirs? plus they did charge €10 for a bracket to put it on.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2179143)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
At the Six hour didn't we have to borrow theirs? plus they did charge €10 for a bracket to put it on.
Yes we did, but I was there for the next weekend and I used the one on my car. It worked for qualifying although I didn't do the race as I had problems.
Maybe Eddy can throw some light on it ? At least you got the 10 euros back !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Apr 2008, 18:44 (Ref:2179189)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was under the impression when I bought mine that "They were compatible at ALL European circuits".Only slightly misleading then,perhaps Spa got it wrong in the first place but all that said,we did get our money back.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 19:33 (Ref:2179221)   #11
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
At least you got the 10 euros back !
Errr. No.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 21:00 (Ref:2179278)   #12
al_sami
Racer

Bahrain
London
al_sami is a back marker
I called TSL and confirmed it is the right one. So what version is needed for Spa?
Old 16 Apr 2008, 21:29 (Ref:2179300)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_sami
I called TSL and confirmed it is the right one. So what version is needed for Spa?

There is a choice of colours,either orange or green,I think it depends on the mood of the day!! Red does not seem to be the colour though.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2179308)   #14
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Errr. No.
You must have kept that bit of expensive plastic
As for what we need for Spa is anybodies guess (Wake up Eddy V)
I suppose at least it does give you time to talk to drivers you haven't seen for
ages when you queue up for them in race control !
Old 17 Apr 2008, 07:22 (Ref:2179525)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It can also cause a lot of walking about when the organiser's loose the form where you have to fill in your transponder number
Old 17 Apr 2008, 08:05 (Ref:2179549)   #16
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I have a red one, it was a lot cheaper than a Heuer trip master
very much a fit and forget item, and its only spa with their snot green ones who have ever not used it in 04 & 07, I think top hat used the red ones in 06 even at SPa
Old 17 Apr 2008, 09:11 (Ref:2179588)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Spa must have been using two different timers,one race using "snot reen" and the other races needed the orange,WHY ?.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 20:59 (Ref:2183403)   #18
Tainan
Racer

United Kingdom
Sussex
Tainan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends which start line they're using??