Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who was the worst in the weekend?
Rubens 10 17.54%
Ralf 15 26.32%
Nick 3 5.26%
Arrows 23 40.35%
The Marshals 4 7.02%
Jaguar 1 1.75%
Someone Else 1 1.75%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Mar 2002, 05:35 (Ref:228288)   #26
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by senna12
My vote would be for Arrows. Tom blamed the drivers. Weren't the external batteries not charged? What a bunch of goofs!

The Jag wasn't much better, they certainly didn't deserve a result on their qualifying form.

Third place to Sauber, who ruined an opportunity when Heidfeld found himself mesmerized by an airborne Ralf.

But it was still an entertaining race, nonetheless.
It's true, the batteries were'nt charched(at least: there was'nt enough power left in them to start the Cosworths again), HHF said that himself after he was black flagged(Dutch TV).
Old 5 Mar 2002, 14:19 (Ref:228495)   #27
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my vote goes to the crown prince of all rejects........... ....................RALF..
Old 5 Mar 2002, 14:55 (Ref:228531)   #28
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by calais
my vote goes to the crown prince of all rejects........... ....................RALF..
I don't like this driver either, but this sounds like an ex.
Old 5 Mar 2002, 17:35 (Ref:228612)   #29
DMC
Racer

Australia
DMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firstly it was the correct decision by the stewards to not red falg the race as those still left in the race were not at risk from the cars that had crashed out and the marshalls clearing the wreckage were not on the track itself, those are the only circumstances in which the red flag is brought out: If the track is blocked or it is too dangerous for marshalls to clear. As DC said F1 is not hollywood and you can't just cut parts out for the sake of entertainment. If you crash out of the race regardless if you were at fault, you simply have to deal with the fact that you are out and nothing can be down about it.

Secondly, everyone is so quick to blame Nick Heidfeld for causing all the other retirements but what else could he have really done, it was a heat of the moment thing and we could never really imagine being in his position so lighten up on the criticism.

I was sitting down the opposite end of the straight and saw it on one of the megascreens and it really sickened me to hear people cheering when that first corner crash occured. Most people sitting around me were only casual motorsport fans (donning Ferrari merchandise in an effort to "fit in") and would clearly rather see crashes than overtaking. I won't even start on their comments about Formula Ford......
Old 5 Mar 2002, 21:16 (Ref:228799)   #30
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a close call between Arrows and Ralf.

The idea of swerving across the track has been covered on another thread and anyway, Steve Matchett and David Hobbs said that clearly Ralf was not looking in front of him but was looking to the side or in the mirrors when he made his start. (Probably for JPM.) If you are going 180 mph with launch control and you aren't looking in front of you, then you are lucky to be alive when the car comes down from the sky. Remember Didier Pironi's airplane flight in 1982? Ralf is lucky all he got was a wigging from his bosses! (He's also lucky Bunsen didn't finish on the podium).

As for Arrows, I think it was probably the other thing about the weekend Paul Stoddart will always remember with a big grin on his face. And perhaps Jos is relieved that he was not there after all.