Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 31 Oct 2008, 16:07 (Ref:2324907)   #1
fatboymotorspor
Rookie

Ireland
fatboymotorspor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
prob a stupid question but do you need hans to do rallyx next year /year after ????
Old 31 Oct 2008, 16:37 (Ref:2324934)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboymotorspor
prob a stupid question but do you need hans to do rallyx next year /year after ????
Yeah, otherwise you have to hold the steering wheel in your mouth... Oh wait, that's hands
Old 31 Oct 2008, 16:44 (Ref:2324937)   #3
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As far as i know you dont, think you only need it for rallying but i could be wrong.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 16:45 (Ref:2324938)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_ni
As far as i know you dont, think you only need it for rallying but i could be wrong.
Really? Is that Ireland only? I hadn't heard anything about mandatory hans for rallying.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 16:47 (Ref:2324941)   #5
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
pgrogan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well Trevor,

Hows tricks?? Nope lad you surely DONT need to use HANS (Head and Neck Support Device) in Irish Rallycross in 2009.

I would encourage all Rally Competitors to consider rallycross from next year onwards. I think a recommendation should be made to the Irish Rallycross Committee that the Overall Rallycar Championship be brought back into Rallycross as a new home for Rally Competitors who just cannot afford to comply with the new safety regulations including the HANS Device.

While I support the use of HANS as I wear one myself, I certainly can see that they are not the most economical Safety Device to be introduced for the Clubman.

Rallycross is a great cheap days fun and it is the very place where I have learned a great an awful lot about being competitve.

Paul.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 16:50 (Ref:2324947)   #6
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Really? Is that Ireland only? I hadn't heard anything about mandatory hans for rallying.
Hi Bert,

Yes indeed the powers that be on the Motorsport Ireland Rallies committee felt it was a good idea to make the HANS Device mandatory (Meaning everyone has to have it, driver & co-driver) for all Motorsport Ireland Permitted Rallies, (excluding rallycross, rallysprint, sprint, hillclimb, race) from 2009 onwards.

Paul.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 16:54 (Ref:2324950)   #7
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree with paul, hans is a great safety innovation but it could put alot of competitors out in the dark. I think last time i checked the Hans unit on its own was €450 euro without a helmet.

At present its just not econimically fiasable, perhaps in the next 2 years when the products become cheaper then it may be viable, or if becomes inforced some form of financial plan or a bulk buy scheme should be introduced (Mark C know you were looking at something recently ?).

Just my two cents of it.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 17:00 (Ref:2324955)   #8
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos
Have to agree with paul, hans is a great safety innovation but it could put alot of competitors out in the dark. I think last time i checked the Hans unit on its own was €450 euro without a helmet.

At present its just not econimically fiasable, perhaps in the next 2 years when the products become cheaper then it may be viable, or if becomes inforced some form of financial plan or a bulk buy scheme should be introduced (Mark C know you were looking at something recently ?).

Just my two cents of it.
Michael,

Please tell us where you have found the HANS for that price
I will buy a bulk load of them and sell them!!!

On Murray's site they start at €549.99
http://www.murraymotorsport.ie/shop/...hp?cPath=21_55

Paul.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2324957)   #9
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry minor discrepancy in the head there for a second.
Old 31 Oct 2008, 17:18 (Ref:2324969)   #10
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos
sorry minor discrepancy in the head there for a second.
Damn, thought you and me were in to make our millions there lol!!
Old 31 Oct 2008, 17:40 (Ref:2324985)   #11
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
We are.... but just not with HANS
Old 1 Nov 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2325313)   #12
fatboymotorspor
Rookie

Ireland
fatboymotorspor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the reply Paul, Now that i have the house as good as finished, i can start to think about motorsport again.

and as was said rallying has gone too expensive and with mondello only over the road from me now i think i will look into doing some rallycross.

Best of luck on Sunday
Old 1 Nov 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2325481)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
This is mentioned in the latest issue of "Motorsport Now" - All Irish rally events will require HANS (including those running cross border). It's a big cost and it could certainly see a lot of people looking at alternatives.

Tags
hans