Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Jan 2010, 03:05 (Ref:2611355)   #1
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Murph waves goodbye to championship hope.

It's now confirmed that Murph will miss the 1st round due to Top Gear commitments in NZ. For a bloke that is desperate to win the championship, he sure did stuff this one up. Just to make things worse, PM will drive Murphs car, meaning there is a very good chance it will not make it to the second round.

http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2010/01/...-at-abu-dhabi/
Old 11 Jan 2010, 03:14 (Ref:2611360)   #2
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought racing a V8 Supercar was his job ?? Seems to have his wires crossed as to his primary vocation !!!!!

Very poor form.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 04:40 (Ref:2611394)   #3
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Up until recently, February was always a safe month for V8 Supercar drivers and the Arab rounds are quite a bit earlier.

I think the Top Gear Live deal was a 3 or 5 year deal for Murph
Old 11 Jan 2010, 04:51 (Ref:2611399)   #4
Silencer
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Silencer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jamie Whincup missed a round at Hamilton in 08 and he still won the Championship, so to say he's waving goodbye to any championship hope is a crock of ****.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 05:01 (Ref:2611401)   #5
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When exactly did he have a championship hope?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 05:02 (Ref:2611403)   #6
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
Jamie Whincup missed a round at Hamilton in 08 and he still won the Championship, so to say he's waving goodbye to any championship hope is a crock of ****.
Want to put a lazy grand on it
Doesn't matter anyway, he had no chance in the 1st place.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 05:21 (Ref:2611416)   #7
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That article did mention that his new team and sponsors knew about the top gear deal before a contract was signed. All ok with it apparantly.

If he's got the team boss saying "Its ok, I will drive the shiny new castrol car in round 1 - you go ahead and do your thing", then who is he to argue?

Still an interesting priority setting policy though.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 07:15 (Ref:2611448)   #8
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That headline is sooooo 2005....
Old 11 Jan 2010, 08:28 (Ref:2611468)   #9
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ummm old news
Old 11 Jan 2010, 20:55 (Ref:2611871)   #10
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does this now make Morris the "primary" driver of #51 as he is starting the Championship in that car?

This would make Murph the secondary driver clearing the way for Murph to co-drive with Ingall in the enduro's???
Old 11 Jan 2010, 22:54 (Ref:2611956)   #11
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh noes!!!!!!!! world comes crashing down!!!
so 1 round and now suddenly Greg has to write off the whole year???

for what its worth im missing all the rounds so i dont think i'd be able to challenge for the championship.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 23:43 (Ref:2611979)   #12
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
That article did mention that his new team and sponsors knew about the top gear deal before a contract was signed. All ok with it apparantly.

If he's got the team boss saying "Its ok, I will drive the shiny new castrol car in round 1 - you go ahead and do your thing", then who is he to argue?

Still an interesting priority setting policy though.
To through a bit fun at the situation, apparently the Castrol funding has come from the UK, rather than local Castrol budget, which suggests that Greg was who the global team wanted to represent the Castrol brand locally.

Maybe it was done to wipe it at Shell who sponsor Top Gear Live, because the funding was only made available if Murphy was available to drive the car.

The funding, whilst significant, needs Murph's personal sponsors to come along for the ride to top up the budget as well.
Old 12 Jan 2010, 00:02 (Ref:2611984)   #13
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroz View Post
Does this now make Morris the "primary" driver of #51 as he is starting the Championship in that car?

This would make Murph the secondary driver clearing the way for Murph to co-drive with Ingall in the enduro's???
Hmm, you do raise a good point.
Old 12 Jan 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2612395)   #14
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroz View Post

Nice! Way to recall the regs Camaroz

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 22:00 (Ref:2612995)   #15
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I read the Thread Title, I thought you were just re-hashing the news he had joined up with Paul Morris