Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Oct 2009, 21:34 (Ref:2572246)   #101
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cromly is probably the best of the current crop of motorsport commentators in this country.
Old 29 Oct 2009, 22:14 (Ref:2572264)   #102
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Channel 7 have one of the best commentary teams in the world. Even the BBC F1 team is not as good.

Cromly was dead right to call the last race restart a joke.
Old 30 Oct 2009, 01:45 (Ref:2572318)   #103
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester View Post
The stewards had the foresight to implement this rule, and race 4 became the exact scenario for it to be used.

If you take a close look at the footage and timing, just about all those cars that made significant R4 Lap1 gains, made them via cutting turn 1, which in itself provides an unjust and unfair advantage to those who remained on the race line.

None of those drivers made any attempt to self-regulate and hence redress their advantage...thats why we have stewards and IPO's. A good call in hindsight, one I didn't fully understand at the time, but now agree with 100%.

Poor form by 7 for slamming a rule they didn't understand, and some team managers who sought advantage via unfair means.
That may be true but I think when there is carnage going on as per Race 4 I agree with Jacob Black's comment.

How on earth were the drivers supposed to self regulate? When en masse chicane-cutting is occurring they can't track who else did/didn't cut it, and neither can the teams in the pits - the fact that they revert back to starting grid order means the officials have thrown it in the too-hard basket too!
Old 30 Oct 2009, 14:14 (Ref:2572539)   #104
Donnaracer
Rookie

Donnaracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.....If you are going to make judgements on drivers and officialdom - at least be sure to be worded up properly.

This was the chink in the armour of an otherwise excellent TV commentary (don't even talk about the track mess when the re-start circus happened), all because, as pointed out here and in AA this week, all of the television and track commentators could not be "arsed" to go to the drivers briefing.

It is their responsibility to be fully informed of things like this, thats what they are paid to do. And they have an army of producers, hangers-on, ball hair combers - you name it, they have it, who could have got the info even if the mega-stars couldn't make it themselves....the fact that the briefings are at about 5:30pm gees, it aint that late to be there.

So before going bananas on the air and trying to sound like you know it all when you clearly don't - make sure the research is up to scratch at every event....no one can be blamed for this farce other than the commentators themselves and their producers, bag holders, bottom cleft hair dressers etc.

The fans deserve better....and while V8 Supercars prides itself on the next positioning statement - near enough is never ******* good enough.
Old 31 Oct 2009, 22:28 (Ref:2573170)   #105
smarm
Rookie

smarm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still think this is Cromptons crowning glory from his bathurst call last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgBvCplFrBI

(language warning).
Old 1 Nov 2009, 01:35 (Ref:2573222)   #106
Jacob Black
Rookie

Jacob Black should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnaracer View Post
lots of misinformed words
If you'd listened, you'd have heard the commentator make repeated mentions of the drivers briefing and that this move had been flagged, they went on to say it was still a joke.

That's completely fair. Your assertion they didn't know what was going on is totally false.

They were informed, they still made the judgement they made, that's not lazy, its not even bad, infact, its a piece of commentary that many in mainstream media could take notice of, their ability for independent thought is what makes them credible and respected journos. Please Donna, be accurate when criticising.
Old 2 Nov 2009, 01:43 (Ref:2573832)   #107
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarm View Post
I still think this is Cromptons crowning glory from his bathurst call last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgBvCplFrBI

(language warning).
Pretty sure that was 2006 - it was on TEN. Immediately after they went to the ad break (on the bigpond stream), Diffey was laughing "did you just say that?!"

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 23:18 (Ref:2592583)   #108
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Jewell stays for 2010
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Jan 2010, 00:12 (Ref:2619465)   #109
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crompton Vs Skaife, Mallala 1991

Nothing has changed huh?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Apr 2010, 06:55 (Ref:2664610)   #110
Donnaracer
Rookie

Donnaracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing has changes since that banter of '91....thats the only problem in an otherwise really good commentary set up.

Oh except Matty White of course. Nice bloke but like Beretta, there is really no need for the network stars to be involved.

Bring on the Noonan, knows his stuff. Just listening to him and Marinelli calling the supports at the Grand Prix was so enjoyable. Oh and you knew what lap you were on and who was where, even if you couldn't see a screen.

Nice work.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2664781)   #111
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surprised you could hear both of them from where you were sitting, Donna.
Old 9 Apr 2010, 04:52 (Ref:2669244)   #112
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Speaking of which, the F1 track commentary with Peter Windsor, Neil Crompton and another bloke (who I recognised but can't name) was very good. Crompton made a couple mistakes but he showed he's still keeping in touch with F1.

Crompton also commentated the V8 support races with McConville which was good. He made a big complaint about tyre bundles and marshall safety, using and emphasising the word "DUMB" about 12 times.

No ridicule of Ricciardello which was a surprise. I would welcome it.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 9 Apr 2010, 07:58 (Ref:2669300)   #113
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
Speaking of which, the F1 track commentary with Peter Windsor, Neil Crompton and another bloke (who I recognised but can't name)
Was it Bob Constanduros by chance?
Old 12 Apr 2010, 00:10 (Ref:2671175)   #114
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Not sure, he was a pom. I'm sure I recognised his voice from Eurosport.

Old 12 Apr 2010, 02:37 (Ref:2671201)   #115
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
Not sure, he was a pom. I'm sure I recognised his voice from Eurosport.
David Addison, I suspect.

http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2010/01/...david-addison/
Old 14 Apr 2010, 01:42 (Ref:2672406)   #116
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was Bob Constanduros - the F1 'Series Commentator' (What a gig!) - calling with Crompton & Windsor. They farwelled him with two laps to go so he could get across to do the podium as usual.