Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Apr 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2673289)   #1
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Giovanardi won't be racing at Rockingham

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere, or the news sites, but no Giovanardi at Rockingham? At least according to his Facebook.

Literally what he put up yesterday evening:

''Fabrizio Giovanardi - Hi what do you think about I will be not at Rockingham the next race???''
Old 15 Apr 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2673308)   #2
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The reason it is not posted on any news sites sites is because at the moment, it ISN'T TRUE!

AND, if you read the rest of the comments from 'Gio' I think you will discover it is not him!
Old 16 Apr 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2673906)   #3
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Haven't seen this posted elsewhere, or the news sites, but no Giovanardi at Rockingham? At least according to his Facebook.

Literally what he put up yesterday evening:

''Fabrizio Giovanardi - Hi what do you think about I will be not at Rockingham the next race???''
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally View Post
The reason it is not posted on any news sites sites is because at the moment, it ISN'T TRUE!

AND, if you read the rest of the comments from 'Gio' I think you will discover it is not him!
But Gio won't be at Rockingham - James Nash will be in that car.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 22:08 (Ref:2673914)   #4
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doesn't mean that was him on Facebook though.

Giovanardi leaves Triple Eight, may race elsewhere: http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=4638
James Nash replaces him: http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1883
Old 17 Apr 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2674340)   #5
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With no disrespect to James Nash who proved to be a good driver last year this is bad news for the championship with Giovanardi the only man who could take the fight to Plato. With the likes of Turkington, Giovanardi and Thompson not in it this year it goes to show how good 2009 turned out with 2010 being somewhat of a let down with out these drivers.
Old 17 Apr 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2674354)   #6
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunate for Giovanardi but great news for James Nash who proved to be a real racer last year in the Lacetti - let's hope he continues in the same vein.
Old 17 Apr 2010, 21:14 (Ref:2674478)   #7
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And now I think we can say it's going to be a Plato walkover.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 08:42 (Ref:2674662)   #8
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope its not a Plato walkover because he deserves to win having a real fight not just walking away with it and im pretty sure he'd rather win by having a hard fight throughout the season rather than just running away with it
Old 18 Apr 2010, 11:41 (Ref:2674835)   #9
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Honda were the fastest car at Thruxton - bit presumptious at the moment to expect a Plato walkover, it *may* take a couple of races to get that Cruze up to speed.

And Airwaves BMW are looking very strong as well. Just because Triple Eight have dropped out of contention, doesn't make it necessarily that easy for Jason, just a bit easier
Old 18 Apr 2010, 11:50 (Ref:2674840)   #10
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's disappointing that both of the Triple Eight cars are in the hands of relative rookies. They should be fighting for the championship but now probably won't be.

I'm sure we can have a perfectly good championship without Gio and Turkington, there are still plenty of drivers capable of winning races, but it does take the edge off it if two of the top three from the previous season aren't involved. Any championship would suffer.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 14:30 (Ref:2674961)   #11
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's certainly a shame to lose someone as competitive as Giovanardi, but I won't hand it to Plato yet. The Civics have some pace and Team Airwaves can be competitive. It's a longshot to say Glew could win it, but I think he'll be very competitive after a few rounds (he already was showing well in Thruxton).

Overall, I just want to see good races, and if the championship turns out to be a bit dull, well, I like racing a lot more than I like watching a points table! There are still a lot of drivers who can win some races this year, so I'm not too concerned.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 19:01 (Ref:2675179)   #12
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
With no disrespect to James Nash who proved to be a good driver last year this is bad news for the championship with Giovanardi the only man who could take the fight to Plato. With the likes of Turkington, Giovanardi and Thompson not in it this year it goes to show how good 2009 turned out with 2010 being somewhat of a let down with out these drivers.
Yeah, agreed.

I'm gonna miss Giovanardi (and already miss Turkington). Now that Plato has said that he's concentrating on the championship rather than just race wins, I fear the worst.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 22:55 (Ref:2675404)   #13
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's not over until the fat lady sings...

Last year it didnt look much better on the grind at the very same point in time. Jackson wasn't there yet, Tommo wasn't there yet either, Plato was just a 1 off entry...
Then things suddenly fell into place and it became a really really good season.

Right now it's mostly down to the Hondas and MB to stop Plato dominating, but things can still change very quickly.
Old 23 Apr 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2678506)   #14
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://ow.ly/1Cefz

Looks like Phil Glew is also out due to Uniq pulling their sponsorship!!!! (depsite two victories, TV exposure, TV interview and 6 points finishes from the 2 888 drivers)
Old 23 Apr 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2678530)   #15
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why are they still being referred to as 'Uniq Racing with 888' on the BTCC website? The usual nonsense over on their forum - "I won't believe it until it's on the btcc.net homepage, even though the PR company for WD40 has released this news".

I see Nash is running with sponsorship from the DVD release of Avatar. That's an unusual one!
Old 23 Apr 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2678546)   #16
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The weird thing is, the way the statement from Uniq is worded, it almost sounds like it was too successful. Very odd...
Old 23 Apr 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2678565)   #17
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
The usual PR bull****.

Its like dumping your girlfriend, you never tell the truth.
Old 23 Apr 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2678588)   #18
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Its like dumping your girlfriend, you never tell the truth.
You mean Uniq has secretly been sponsoring Triple Eight's best friend
Old 23 Apr 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2678615)   #19
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uniq suck. Hopefully Glew will get something together to do the rest of the season after Rockingham, not really worth watching if anymore drivers dissapear, this is probably for me the most dissapointing season of BTCC ive ever witnessed including 2000 and 2001
Old 23 Apr 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2678661)   #20
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
2001 was actually good in my book. Ok you didn't have as many cars, but it was worth it for the epic Plato-Muller scrap.